Chapter 60 || Rain Day

Isaac POV*

"Okay dad, I'm leaving!" I yelled as I opened the front door of the shop, "yes, see you at dinner?" He asked, appearing from the back. "Yeah," I smiled. I closed the door and made my way to the church, a little quicker than normal.

It had just started raining before I went out the door. I wanted to be inside before the worst of it fell. I quickly, but sneakily made my way to the back door of the church, just as I was about there, the rain decide it was time, and right as I stepped in, it started raining even more, if I had been a minute later I would've been soaked.

I shook off most of the water before entering the main area of the church where the other were, up and already complaining. Aubrey and Marc standing in the middle of the room, while Lukas was laying on one of the benches, not wanting to come between them.

"Oh come on, I wanted to go out today," Aubrey complained as she watched the rain stream down the windows. "We can go tomorrow, this is a great opportunity to work on some sort of plan," Marc argued back. Aubrey sighed but agreed. "And you're planning," she laughed walking up to a table they had placed at the front. "You know we're not in that much of a hurry right," she added.

"I just don't want to be stuck in a church forever," Marc smiled. "You got me there." She agreed and they both went up to the table, but not before noticing me,

"Oh, there you are!" Aubrey smiled. Lukas instantly turned around, and sat up as soon he noticed me. "Yeah, hey," I smiled awkwardly. "Where were you?" Lukas asked as he walked up to me. "You said you are back last night." I nodded and took a breath, "well yeah-, that was my plan but," I started. "What happened?" He asked. I took a breath, "it's a long story.."

——

"I can't believe your mother made this." He said in awe as he looked over the book. We had sat down on the bench he was previously laying on, and I had told him about the last night before showing him the book.

"Yeah, it's pretty handy, I didn't get to read too much though, It was easy reading about my mom like that...." I sighed. "Right," he smiled, wrapping his arm around me. "Sorry about that,"

I nodded as I got closer. "It's fine, I just need to, I don't know" I sighed. We sat quietly for a bit as he closed the book, and handed it back to me. "Well, look at it this way, with this book you'll be able to learn a lot, and even though she couldn't tell you herself, she's still the one talking to you, even though it's through a book." He tried to reassure me. It made me feel a bit better. I took, the book from him. "I guess you've got a point." I forced a smile.

"So, what did you manage to learn," he asked curiously. "Not much, just the things I already knew," I explained opening the book, "like how I can heal. When drinking blood, but she's only talking about the bags," I stared at the page I read last night.

"Then- do you want to read now?" He suggested. "There not much else to do," he said "I and if it gets too a must for you'll find a way to cheer you up." He smirked, making me laugh.

"If your planning to do anything couple- be sure to do it in you 'secret room'," Aubrey suddenly yelled. I looked over at her and Marc, surprised, "so you told her?" I asked. He nodded. "I didn't get much of a choice." He laughed.

"Don't worry- we will," he yelled back. Aubrey gave him a sarcastic thumbs u-up and went back to planning with Marc, who has stayed quiet.

He turned back to me, I took a breath and read more of the book,

——

But, you probably already know all of these powers. And if your dad kept his promise, you will never have to experience the others, but in case something happened and you didn't have a chance to grab your bag, and thus had to find another option, this is what you could expect.

As you're a vampire, it would only be normal for you to be drinking human blood, but I hope to get you never have to do that, I can tell you, it's anything but fun.

But besides human blood there are other options, there are all sorts of animals out there. And of course, it would be a great way to heal. There are a lot of side effects to drinking  'live' blood.

Some powers I know about include:
Super strength
Superspeed
Mind control (In some cases)
Invulnerability
And of course, fast healing powers.

When a vampire has had enough blood, they get pretty much impossible to kill. I've heard of some losing limbs and having no problem getting them back.

Besides these powers, which might sound fun and handy, the worst part is the self-control.

The one time I had human blood, when I had no choice, it felt great. At first.

Soon your whole body will start wanting more, and there's nothing you can do about it besides ignoring it until it fades, or giving in, and I hope to god you never give in...

—-

"Sounds pretty intense," Lukas said suddenly, I sighed, "yeah it does," I put the book away and turned to him. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded, "why wouldn't I be?" I said, looking up at him. "Because according to the book, the effects from the first time looks to be the worst." He added.

"I'm fine, really, the worst of it has faded," I said back. "You know you can tell me if you're not, right." He reassured me. I smiled.

I turned back to the book. "So, mind control sounds pretty good," I said. "It does sound cool, but she said some cases," he added, "so I don't think that one will work," he laughed. "Well, we could always try," I joke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you-" Marc interrupted. We both turned to him, he must've been listening in. "It's dangerous to drink blood," he scolded.

"I- I was only joking.." I said back. "Last time was a life or death situation, and even that isn't an excuse to drink blood." He kept going. I put the book back in my bag, "okay, I won't." I reassured him as I sat up again.

I needed to read those side effects as soon as I can, if Marc thought they were bad, they can't be good. But I needed a real reason, or I'm afraid I might give in to the voice...