Chapter 66 || Explanations

Isaac POV*

I reluctantly made my way home, both scared of how to face my dad after that. Looking back it would've been better to just tell him the truth. But if I had done that the plan would've worked.

I planned on, kind of, telling him the truth. I was gonna tell him who I was with, just not where I actually was. He knew about the house, well he kind of did, he does have to know about the church or marc. Not yet.

I went inside through the back door, hoping to avoid him closing the store, but as I walked through the house, there was no sign of him.

I noticed the door to his study was closed. Normally it'd be open at least a little bit. I debated going inside but decided it was better to wait until dinner to talk to him, this way I could think of a way to start the conversation.

I walked past the stair and headed upstairs. Using this as an opportunity I went up to change clothes and take a quick shower.

It was a little weird being in my room alone again, I haven't been here all that much. As much as I tried to be home, I wasn't that much, besides dinner and sleeping. But then I'd be out first thing in the morning.

I opened my closet and noticed my old clothes we washed and put back. I smiled sadly, normally I'd have to do the folding myself, but I guess dad did it for me.

I grabbed the freshly washed clothes and changed into them, leaving my old ones in the washing basket. I got back down, finding my father setting the table.

"You're home." He commented without much emotion. "Yeah, I am," I said back in a similar voice. I joined him at the table as he went over and got the food. I was a little surprised he still cooked dinner at all. I half expected him to just make himself something.

"So, dad. About earlier," I started as he filled my plate. "It's okay, I'm sure there's an explanation." He said as he sat down himself.

"I- yeah there is," I started, grabbing my fork. He silently started eating as he waited for my explanation. "You haven't been with Ava, have you? l he asked when I took too long.

"No, I haven't," I said honestly. "That girl earlier, that was that boy's sister" he added, "you mean Lukas.." I corrected him, looked down, and took a bite.

"You've been hanging out with them?" he kept talking in between eating. I nodded. "So you've been with them the whole time," he repeated to himself.

It stayed quiet for a while as we both kept eating. "Listen, about what I said last..." he started. "I wasn't lying about that, dad," I said irritated, not giving him a chance to start. "Why would I lie about something that major." I looked up at him.

"Then, you're not dating anyone." He added. Where did that come from? "I'm just helping some friends out, that's all..." I said turning back to my food.

He looked at me, as if he was deciding to say something or not, he must've decided yes.
"Then who gave you those marks?" He asked again. My hand automatically made their way to my neck. "What do you-"

"Don't try to make excuses anymore." He slammed his fist on the table. "I've been young once, they're clearly hickeys." He laughed. I felt a blush fill my face, I can't believe this. I looked down at my plate and got up from the table.

"I'm going to my room.' I said before turning around and heading back upstairs, ignoring my dad's protests. I went up to my room, and sat down on my bed, defeated. I felt incredibly embarrassed. Why would he say something like that?

I get that we were angry, and he had every reason to be, but that was too much. I sighed heavily as I lay down, turning around, and pushing my face into my pillow.

I didn't want to stay home like this, not after something like that. So after a couple of minutes of repressing tears, I got up and walked over to my shower. I've been away this long, I'm sure I can just stay away longer. I grabbed my clothes and as many clothes as I could fit into them.

For a second I thought about going through the front door, but I really didn't want to face my dad anymore today. So I turned to the window.

The drop-down was a little higher than I remembered, but I got down safely, I didn't get to close the window behind me though, but I'm sure dad would soon come up. But I won't be there when he does.

I made my way through the dark forest. Even though It was dark I knew the way without thinking much about it. Something inside me was telling me this was a bad idea, but that isn't stopping me. My legs moved on their own.

It wasn't long before I found myself at the back of the church, I caught my breath as I stared at the door. I grab the strap of my bag as I took a deep breath, and went inside.

The church was empty, but that was made for this time of day. I took a seat on the benches looking around, I've never been here this late. It was so dark without the windows lighting the room. If it wasn't for the two candles still lit at Marc's homemade experiment table, I wouldn't have been able to see anything.

I let out a long sigh and leaned back, just then a door opened. I looked over and saw Lukas, looking confused. "I thought I heard something?" He said as he walked up to me. "What are you doing here?" He asked carefully, sitting down next to me.

That's when I broke. I couldn't take it anymore, I felt the tears streaming down my face ad I almost died into Lukas. He didn't hesitate to pull me closer into a hug. He stayed silent as I cried. My voice muffled in his chest. All he did was hug me tight and wait for me to calm down. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I did.

"You okay?" He asked carefully as he rubbed his hands over my back. I nodded slightly into his chest. I sat up to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry-" I tried to smile.

"Don't be." He smiled back, wiping away my tears. "Did something happen at home?" He asked. I nodded "I don't want to talk about it," I said back, looking away again.

"Then don't." He smiled. We got quiet for a bit as I caught my breath. "I just-" I sighed he waited silently for me to talk. It felt kind of weird to see him like this. "I just want to go to sleep?" I said quietly.

I saw him smile as he got up from the bench. He held out his hand to me. "Then let go." He smiled. I took his hand and we went back to the room.

I threw my bag on one of the tables and followed him to the bed. He got in before me and held up the blanket as an invitation. I repressed a blush and quickly got down.

He laid down comfortably. I laid down myself. I still felt awkward so I faced away from him. Suddenly I felt his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer.

Despite the reason I'm here, I still couldn't help but get embarrassed whenever he got close. I was happy he couldn't see my face.

"Again, I'm sorry about all of this," I whispered. "And I already said you shouldn't be." He said back. "Whatever happened to make you like that, you can tell me when you're ready." He reassured me.

"Thank you.." I responded as I tried to look at him. "Besides, I'm not complaining about this part." He pulled me even closer. I could almost feel him smirk.

"Of course, you wouldn't" I chuckled. I heard him yawn as he moved to get comfortable. I hope I didn't wake him up.

I didn't say anything anymore, and neither did he. It took some time but eventually, our position felt more natural and I managed to fall asleep.