Chapter 64 || Continueing The Plan

Isaac POV*

"I just don't like lying to him," I said as I dropped down onto his bed. "Then don't," Lukas said as he read through my mom's journal.

"Yeah sure, that's a good idea," I laughed, looking over at him, but he was absorbed in his book. I lay back down with a sigh.

After tonight the voices seemed to have disappeared. When woke up everything felt normal again. I had left the house, bringing the journal with me. Planning to read more, but Lukas had insisted he read through it first to make sure there wouldn't be a repeat of last time. I wanted to read myself, but it was nice to take my mind off that for a second.
wolf
Even though it made me overthink other things. I just wanted this to be over sooner, and I'm sure everyone else did as well.

Lukas walked over and sat down on the bed next to me. I got up to look over his you, reading with him. "Did you find anything interesting?" I asked. He shook his head. "It's just-" he closed it, "maybe it's better if you read it yourself, " he handed me the book with a sad smile on his face.

"Why, is something wrong?" I asked, taking the book from him. "It's very personal," he smiled, "most of it is just your mom, talking to you," he turned away. I put the book on the shelves behind the bed, turning to him.

"Right," I sighed, "there is a lot of useful information in there, but every so often she just starts talking to you..." he sighed.

"Well then stop reading," I said, "ill read it at home." He looked over concerned. "But what if it triggers you again." He said, turning to be. "Well then I'll just have to distract myself," I looked away, blushing. I heard him laugh. "And how do you plan to do that," he joked, trying to catch my eyes.

"Well, it worked last time." I looked up slightly, I saw him smirk and I lifted my head completely, locking eyes with him.

I was fully expecting him to kiss me but instead, his smile faded, as he got quiet. "Hey, I'm fine, don't worry," I said, trying to reassure him. He nodded and he let out a long sigh. "I know," he looked back at me.

He took a deep breath before getting up. "Let's go see how Aubrey and Marc's plan is going." He said as he turned to me. I got up and followed him back to the rest. We got back to the main area and joined them at their table.

"I'm not sure about that," Marc muttered to Aubrey. "Well we could try," she said back. We waited patiently for them to notice us.

"So, what have you got," Lukas asked curiously as they turned to us. They shared a look, "well, about that..." Aubrey laughed, "we have nothing." Marc finished for me.

"You- nothing?" Lukas asked, dumbfounded. Aubrey shook her head. "We can't seem to agree on something..." she said, looking over at Marc.

"Why does that not surprise me," Lukas sighed. He walked up to the table, pushing Aubrey away, "let me take a look, maybe I can help." Aubrey stepped away, standing next to me. "Alright fine, take a look, not much to see,"

Lukas rolled his eyes and went back to looking over Marc's notes. For siblings who didn't see each other for most of their life, they don't seem to get along very well, guess that's just a sibling thing.

Lukas let out a sigh as he stood up, "so all this time you've just been wasting time, arguing?" He asked irritated, "well it's not like you two were doing anything useful," she smirked, looking over at me.

"That's-" Lukas stuttered, a faint blush on his cheeks. "Anyway," he cleared his throat, "maybe we can try and come up with something." He looked at Marc. "Worth a shot, I wrote a few ideas down," he said as he flipped through some pages. Lukas read over a few and seemed to lid up.

"Well, then I guess we'll leave you guys to it." Aubrey sighed, crossing her arms. She looked over at me, and I just shrugged, "you know- I have an idea," she smiled as she came over to me. She grabbed my arm and walked me towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Lukas stopped her, "I'm taking Isaac with me." She yelled back. "why?" He asked, she stopped, letting out a groan. "Because he knows the best places in town. And I've been wanting a tour," she smirked. Lukas let out a sigh, "just- be careful." He said, we both nodded, "we will." We said simultaneously.

Aubrey grabbed my arm again, pulling me out the door and towards town.

"So why did you really want to go?" I asked after we had walked quite a distance. "What do you mean, I just said why." She said back, pretending not to know what I meant.

"Oh come on, you don't really want a tour, do you?" I said back. Her smile dropped and she let out a sigh. "Well, I do, but I mostly wanted to get out of that church." She admitted. "I don't blame you" I laughed

"And I do wanna get to know the town more," she added. We kept walking until we reached the town square. "Well then, I guess while we're here I can show you around a little," I gave in. She did a little jump out of happiness and locked her arm in mine, together we walked around town some more.

I showed her my favorite places to go, and just generally the town. She seemed happy but every so often her face would turn a bit sad, whenever we would pass a family, or couples.

I wonder what it feels like to be back in a town like this. I'm not sure where she stayed before she came back to Lukas, but I do know that before that their family did live in one just like this one.

After a few hours of walking, we decided to take a break. One of the shops had spotted us, and offered us ice cream, for some reason, but why would we turn it down?

We sat down and a bench near us and silently ate our ice cream. "This was fun." She said as she finished hers. "That's good," I answered. "I wonder if they got anything back at the church." She thought to herself. "I sure hope so, seems like we don't have much time..." I said seriously.

She followed my gaze to a nearby building. There was one of the guards, it looked like he was hanging up a poster, I got up and walked over to it. It was a poster of Marc, well, a drawing, and it looked like there was a reward attached to it.

"You can't be serious," Aubrey whispered as she came up next to me. I just looked at it silently, not sure what to do. "I- this is-" I struggled. I took a step back and took it all in. "I can't believe they actually put in a reward," Aubrey laughed in disbelief. "Are they really gonna reward whoever finds him 10.000 gold?" She turned to me.

"This could be a problem," I said, more to myself. "Oh it will definitely be one," Aubrey corrected me. "We need to get back to the others," said hastily, Aubrey nodded, agreeing with me and we both turned to go back to church.

But before we could get far, a voice stopped us. "Isaac?" I turned around to see who it was. "Dad..." I said awkwardly.