Chapter 51 || Secret Room

!!POV CHANGE!!

Isaac POV*

I watched as Lukas opened the door. My heart was beating fast from all the excitement. I've never found a secret room, or anything like it, ever. He opened the door, revealing a very dark room.

I wanted to step inside but Lukas stopped me, "wait, let me check if it's safe first." He said seriously as he held his hand in front of me. "Fine." I sighed. I secretly like the protectiveness.

He stepped in giving me the chance to look inside. The room was quite big, not like it looked from the outside. There were a couple of windows on one of the walls, which was covered with curtains from the inside and completely invisible from the outside because of the overgrown bushes., but they still let in a lot of light. If it weren't for the fact that it was getting pretty late I'm sure this room would be pretty bright.

I watched as Lukas looked around intently, making sure there was no one inside, or if there were any traps set. After he looked around for a minute I started to get impatient. "Can I come in now?" I asked.

He turned around, nodding, "yeah. Sure," he laughed, "sorry about that, I just wanted to be sure it was-"

"I get it." I interrupted him. I smiled as I passed him and took an even closer look at the room.

The side across from the windows was covered with a giant bookshelf. A lot of the books were gone through. But it still looked impressive.

I walked around more until I notice Lukas had found something as well. "Look at this." He said quietly. I walked up to him and noticed he had opened a closet in the corner. "What it is.." I looked closer and noticed it was full of weapons. "What the-"

"I don't know what this room used to be for, but I have a bad feeling." He said quietly as he took one of the crossbows. "It could be useful against the hunters," I said honestly. He let out a sigh and put it back where he found it. "Maybe we should keep this room secret for now," he said as he turned to me. I nodded, "okay.."

He turned back and closed the closet. "So, besides the, well, creepy closet, this a pretty nice room..." I started as I walked around again.

"Maybe you could turn this into your room," I suggested. "I'm not sure..." he hesitated. I walked around some more as I kept trying to convince him. "I can just take the small one, besides what does this have that Aubrey's won't- you know, except weapons..." he tried.

"Oh... don't know. I mean, this one has a bed." I smirked. He turned to be confused. "What?" He got visibly excited. I remember what he said last time about not sleeping in a real bed for years now. 

"Yeah, it's right there." I pointed to the wall. He looked over at me confused. I smiled at him as I walked up to the bookshelf. "I thought it was weird that this shelf was completely filled with books while the others were mostly empty," I explained as I walked up o the shelf. "That's when I realized.."

I jumped up, just high enough to grab the top and pull it out of the wall, revealing a mattress attached to the shelf. I dropped and a big cloud of smoke filled the room. Making me cough. I took a step away as the dust settled.

"What- how did you-" he asked surprised as he walked up to me. "Well-" I caught my breath. "My dad used to treat someone with a bed like this, I just happened to be there one time when they opened it," I explained.

"That's- kind of cool." He laughed as he stopped in front of it. "So why not take the room before Aubrey finds out about it?" I repeated as I sat down on the bed, "I- I'm still not sure, I mean. Why is this even here..." he kept trying to find excuses not to take it, but I could see by the look on his face he wanted it, it was almost the perfect bedroom, with a desk, a bed and don't forget the weapons closet.

"Oh come on-" I complained. "The room has been sealed for a long time, I'm sure it's fine." I tried to convince him. He let out a sigh as he took a seat on the bed next to me. "Maybe your right- it would be really fun to tease Aubrey about this," he grinned. I let out a laugh as I leaned against him.

"See, I knew you liked the room." He laughed as he nodded. "It is pretty awesome," he let out another sigh as he turned around to look at the mattress.

"And now ill have my own bed." He smiled. I let out a laugh as I dropped down onto it. "That's the best part."

He looked down at me and also let himself fall backward. Letting out a long contempt sigh. We both laid there silently. Because the mattress had not been used in a long time, it was still pretty soft. It was also most likely full of spiders and whatnot- but id rather not think about that right now.

"Once again it was a good thing you were here." He suddenly broke the silence. I looked over at him confused. "If it weren't for you being here, I never would've found this room." He smiled as he also turned to look at me.

"I- I'm sure you would've- even if I wasn't here.." I said back embarrassed. But he didn't accept it. He turned over to me completely, staring down at me. "If you hadn't pushed me I would've never even looked for a room." He argued back. "Well that's-" I looked away. "I mean-" I didn't know what to say anymore.

He suddenly laughed. "Just accept it." He smiled down at me. I sat up as I felt a blush forming, I nodded slightly. I could still feel his smirk burn into the back of my head.

"So- uh." I stuttered. I too, a deep breath and got up from the bed. "We should clean the room a bit, I don't think it's gonna be very comfortable to sleep with all this dust sitting around," I commanded as I walked up to the window. I heard Lukas laugh before I he got up and followed me. "Right. Ok," he agreed as he helped me open the window.

We stayed in the room for a few hours, just wiping away the dust from the many pieces of furniture sitting around. I made sure to clean out the books as much as possible, those were probably the dirtiest of everything, and after a few hours of cleaning later, we went back to the rest, to see if the kitchen still worked.