Chapter 67 || And Then There Were Two

Isaac POV*

When I woke up the next, Lukas wasn't there. I looked around the room, but no sight of him. I sat up in bed as I thought back on everything.

And I gonna stay here? Should I just try and talk to my dad? I liked being with Lukas, but I hated fighting with my dad.

I let out a sigh as I decided I should stop worrying, everything will be fine. I got up from the bed and went over to my bag, I debated changing but there really was no need to do so. So I let it be and made my way out the room to see where Lukas had gone.

When I got to the others, the mood in the entire church felt... weird. I carefully walked up as all three were deep in conversation.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Marc said to Lukas. "It's not like we have much of a choice," he said back. They both looked worried.

"What's going on?" I said as I got up to them, they turned to me, confused. "I thought you went home?" Aubrey asked. I looked down. "I did..." I said quietly. She dropped her expression, probably having some idea as to what happened, and didn't ask any further.

"He's gonna stay here for a while," Lukas answered for me. I look up surprised. "That's gonna make things more complicated." Marc sighed as he leaned onto the table.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Marc and Aubrey looked over at me, as Lukas kept staring at the floor. "Well, it's-" Aubrey looked over to Marc.

"There's gonna be a full moon tonight." He said sternly. "Oh..." I sighed, looking over at Lukas. "We're just thinking about what to do." Aubrey continued. "But it's gonna be a lot more difficult now that Marc is here too." She explained.

I looked over at Marc. "Can you- control it?" I asked carefully. He made eye contact with me and then slowly shook his head. He almost looked scared. It wasn't a fun thing to see.

"So then, what are you going to do?" I continued. Lukas let out a long sigh. "There is only one thing to do," he said, "we need to go get the chains."

We all looked at him silently, "are you sure- " Aubrey tried. "Yeah. I'm sure." He forced a smile. "You're not saying-" Marc stood up and looked over to Lukas. They stayed silent but it looked as though they understood each other.

"You might wanna get more than one set." He added, eyes locked with Lukas. "Right... then I'll go get them right away." Aubrey interrupted. They turned to her. "It's fine, I can go." Lukas shot back.

"It's safer if I went. Since I'm the only one who does have control." She said firmly. It was obvious they wanted to argue, but couldn't find a good argument, so I stead they just nodded.

"Then I guess ill see if this place has a place too well, you know." Marc sighed, running his hand through his hair. "This church has been pretty unpredictable so far." Lukas laughed. "Worst case we'll just have to lock the room." He said a little less happy.

"So what are you gonna do?" Aubreycasked Lukas. "Guess ill just- wait." He said silently. Aubrey nodded carefully and turned away, then headed to the back. She left leaving just us three in the room. Everyone was quiet, marc left out a soft sigh as he went back to his experiments.

I reached out to Lukas, but before I could say anything he turned around and walked passed me. I watched as he made his way back to the room. I stood there for a second before deciding to go after him.

He must've walked really fast because he had already reached his room in those few seconds I stood there. I walked through the door, he stood at the end of the rooms, underneath the windows.

He didn't look sad, or scared. In fact, his face looked almost emotionless. I stood at the door silently, not sure when to speak again.

"You can come in, it's fine," He said as he turned to me, I carefully walked up to him. "Are you- are you sure I can stay here?" I asked, referring to earlier, but mostly tonight. He nodded. "I'm not gonna force you to go home if you don't want to, clearly something happened that made you come here." He smiled, but his eyes didn't match his smile.

"Well, no. Not really." I said back as I stopped next to him, "so I can stay with you?" I asked. "Of course." He smiled. "Then what about- tonight," I asked carefully.

I was still curious as to what it meant when he 'transformed' and just what he would look like, I've seen Aubrey wolf. Is it gonna be the same, or does he look different?

His smile dropped and he looked away from me. "I'm not sure you want to be there when..." he stopped. "But I do, I want to be with you," I said back as I stepped in front of him. But he shook his head, "I don't wanna hurt you," he said looking up.

"You won't," I said firmly, of course, I had no idea what would happen, he does lose control when he transforms. Al t least that's what they keep telling me.

"I can't guarantee that." He sighed. "If I hurt you, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself..." he said with a sad smile. "I'm a vampire, remember? I'm basically unkillable." I smiled proudly. "But that would involve drinking blood again..." he said back.

"Well, yeah, but not like last time..." I argued, and he looked up confused, "I don't have to drink live blood to heal." I opened my bag and pulled out the emergency blood bag I always have on me, well most of the time, and held it up to him "I have other options, options without side effects."

He took a breath and pushed my hand down, getting closer to look me in the eyes. "Promise me, if anything happens you will run." He said, sounding serious. He started to look scared. "Yeah..." I said hesitatingly. " I promise."

He let go of my hand, forcing a smile. I felt weirdly happy. I'll get to see just what happens. But I also felt a bit guilty, it was clear he wasn't fully on board with me being there with him. But I couldn't help it, curiosity got the better of me.

We stayed in the room for a little, until we heard a door open and the familiar voice of chains sounded trough out the church. We both looked at each other before getting up and following the sound.

As we got back to Marc, Aubrey had put the chains on one of the benches, we all stared at them, each of us with a different expression on our faces.

"I managed two found an extra set in the house, aside from these. If you want one, that it?" She looked at Marc. He stared at the chains surprised. "Or do you have control over it?" She added. He shook his head. Before looking over at Lukas.

"Have you been using these?" He asked him. Lukas nodded. "Is it that bad?" Marc asked, almost sounding sorry. He nodded again. Marc stayed silent as he turned back to Aubrey, "then ill take the other set." He said firmly. Aubrey nodded and looked over at us. "Now all we need is a room to, well..." she sighed.

"You can use the basement," Marc answered. "This place has a basement?" Aubrey asked confused. "Yeah, I found it when I went exploring a few days ago." He explained. "You can go there." He said to Lukas.

"But where will you go?" He asked. "I'll just stay here, I'll be fine," he smiled, Lukas nodded and went over to the chains. "Then we better get started, the sun is about to set." He said urgently.

He nodded for me to follow him. I went over and helped carry some of the chains. "Good luck." Marc smiled. "You too."

"Wait, shouldn't I come with you?" Aubrey yelled after him, "it's fine, Isaac can help." He turned around, "are you sure?" She asked after a second of silence, "I'm sure." He smiled. He turned around and we both made our way to the basement.