Chapter 88 || Antindote

Isaac POV*

We rushed back to church as fast as we could. It wasn't that easy with Lukas being unconscious. It definitely didn't help us feel any better.

We eventually managed to drag him through the trees and back to the church. We carried him inside and dropped him down on one of the benches.

"What's going on?" Aubre stood up from the front, her shoulder bandaged, and ran up to us to help.

"He got shot," Marc said as he ran to his workstation to grab the antidote. Aubrey looked up at me panicked.

"Wh- How did he."

"It's a long story," I cut her off. "I'll explain later." She nodded and sat down next to her brother. We both stared down at him scared. Waiting for Marc to come back with the bottle.

Lukas was breathing heavily, his face turning paler by the minute.

"Could you hurry it up!" Aubrey yelled at him as she started to get impatient. "I'm trying, I gave the last one to him, and since that's broken-"

"Wait didn't you get one too?' I asked looking at Aubrey. She stared at me confused for a second before she realized what I meant. "I-"She reached into her pocket, pulling out the small bottle she got from Marc ealier today.

"Oh thank god!" Marc dropped what he was holding and ran over to us. He grabbed the bottle from her hands and kneeled down next to Lukas. He took a look at the wound in his leg. It had started to heal, but not as much as it should've.

He opened the bottle and brought it up to his mouth, pouring the liquid in.

We all stared at him in anticipation, but nothing seemed to happen. Marc let out a defeated sigh, thinking it didn't work. "give it some time, it's not gonna be over in an instant." Aubrey said as she put her hand on Marc's shoulder.

He nodded, "I just hope it works..." He said. "We all do.." Aubrey sat back.

I hadn't been able to say anything this whole time. My whole body felt frozen as I kept staring at him. What if it didn't work, what if he...

I took a deep breath as I tried my best to calm down and think positively, but the thoughts of him not coming back from this kept repeating in my head.

"Are you okay?" Suddenly Aubrey was in front of me, and she looked me over to see if I had any injuries. "I-I'm fine," I said back. The wound on my leg had healed almost instantly. And the voice had disappeared.

"What the hell happened out there?" She let out a sigh, looking back at her brother. "It's- they're gone," I said simply.

"Gone?" She repeated, looking me in the eyes. "They left, and they won't be back," I said firmly. She nodded and stopped asking questions.

Suddenly Lukas let out a groan and he moved on the bench. We all turned to look at him, hoping he was waking up. 'His breathing had slowed down again, and the color started to come back. But he wasn't awake yet.

Aubrey patted Marc on the shoulder happily. "I think it worked." She smiled. "We can't be sure just yet." He said firmly as he knelt down again.

"OH come, be positive, this is a good sign." She smiled, not letting go of his shoulder.

"Isaac, tell him it's-" She stopped herself, tapping Marc on his shoulder. He looked up at her confused. She nodded her head. "Come with me." She commanded.

"What why?" He looked up at her confused. "Just follow me!" She repeated as she pulled Marc with her to the other room, leaving me alone.

I took a deep breath as I took a seat next to him. I stared down at him, hoping he would just open his eyes.

Aside from being unconscious, he looked better than he did before, Which gave me hope the antidote worked. But as Marc said, we can't be sure until he wakes up.

I leaned back in my seat, not taking my eyes off him. It got silent in the church, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of his breathing. I don't know how long it was, but it felt like forever.

"Ugh..." In an instant, I looked down. Lukas looked back at me confused as he tried to sit up. "What happened?" He asked as he grabbed his head. My face lit up and before I knew it I  jumped in and hugged him. Somehow he managed to catch me. "wh-" He

"oh thank god," I said as I held onto him tight. He let out a laugh as he tiredly wrapped his free hand around my shoulder. I felt tears fill my eyes, and soon I wasn't able to stop them anymore.

"What's wrong?" He asked, still confused about the whole situation.

I lifted my head to look at him, sitting back down. "You scared me, we thought we lost you. I thought-" I said as I wiped a tear from my face. He kept staring at me, waiting for me to elaborate. "You really don't remember what happened?" I asked.'

He shook his head. "Not really, I remember the fight and getting shot, but after that, it's all kind of blurry..." He said as he ran a hand through his hair. "wait did I-" He shot a glance at his wounded leg.

"You got hit with the poison..." I said looking down. "When I removed the arrow you blacked out. Marc and I carried you here and he gave you the antidote..." I explained. "we weren't sure if it was gonna work..."

He stared at me in shock. "How long was I out?" He asked. "A few hours?" I answered, not sure myself. Time had gotten away from me.

He let out a sigh, that soon turned into a laugh. I stared at him confused. What was so funny?

"Good thing it worked..." He smiled as he calmed down. "yeah.." I couldn't help but smile at him. I got closer and pulled him into another hug, "I'm really glad it did. I don't know what I would've done without you." I sighed.

I felt his arms wrap around my middle as he pulled me closer. "You love me that much?" He chuckled. I nodded. "Yeah, I do." He got quiet as he let go of me. I sat back looking up at him, a smile on my face.

He brought his hands up to my face. "I love you too." He smiled before pulling me into a kiss.