Chapter 47 || Staying The Night

Lukas POV*

I made my way into the back where I found Aubrey and his dad, busy putting everything away. I stood there awkwardly as I wasn't sure what to do with myself.

His dad looked at me confused before gesturing toward the couch. "You can take a seat," he said. He turned back to Aubrey who handed him a box, she smiled at me as she continued to help.

I sighed as I dropped down on the couch. I still didn't like this idea. Sure, I'm happy to spend the night here, but I also feel like we're intruding. Let's just hope Marc's plan works.

I was deep in thought when I suddenly heard a crash. "Oh my god, I'm sorry," I heard Aubrey, I looked over as she started cleaning up some shattered glass, she must've dropped something, "don't worry, it was empty anyway." He reassured her, and he pushed her away slightly as he helped clean up the glass.

I leaned back into the couch, looking over to the door leading to the front of the shop. I'd much rather be over there, and spend some more time with Isaac. But I did t want to keep him away from his work. At it would look suspicious.

I spend the rest of the evening on the couch, Aubrey joined me after she finished helping Isaac's dad. "So, how are you doing." She smiled as she dropped next to me. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, you were so nervous earlier. You look way better now." She smiled. J shrugged. "Well the worst part is over, he agreed we could stay, what else is there to be nervous about." I looked away from meer as I waited for her to say something else, but she stayed silent.

That's when the door behind us opened and Isaac came in, holding a box above his head happily. I moved in my seat the moment I saw him come in. "You're sure about that?" Aubrey smirked, I pushed her aside playfully, and she let out a laugh and leaned against the other side of the couch.

"And another day is done." He smiled as he walked up to his dad, handing him the box. "Thank you, did you count yet?" He asked him. Isaac nodded, giving his dad a small book he was holding. He turned towards us happily and took a seat on the couch next to us but he stayed quiet.

"Okay, I'm gonna put this away really quick, after that I'll get dinner ready." His dad said as he turned towards another room. "Anything I can help with, Mr. Bowman?"

Aubrey got up and ran after him. What's with her and wanting to help all day? He nodded silently and gestured for her to follow him. Then they both disappeared into another room, leaving Isaac and me alone again.

It stayed quiet for a while before he finally spoke again. "So tell me more about the plan..." he smiled. I turned toward him and explained it a bit more.

He seemed pretty on board about most of it, but just like me, he didn't seem confident it was going to work.

"It would be nice if it did, but..." he started. "I know. Guess we'll just have to see." He let out a long sigh, leaning back. "I don't know where else we would go if it failed." He shrugged. "Wait- where is Marc now, anyway?" He added.

I looked away, "he's us, well. Back wt the house..." I answered carefully. "I'm sorry what?" He said simply. I smiled awkwardly. He took another breath, bringing his hands up to his face.

He stayed quiet for a bit as he let it all sink in. "Let's just pray that everything goes right." He finally said. I let out a laugh, agreeing with him.

About an hour later dinner was ready and we all got to the kitchen to eat. It was more awkward than I thought it would be, we all just quietly ate, not having much to say. But looking at Isaac and his dad it seemed this was pretty normal for them, which made me feel a little better.

After dinner, we all helped clean up and then got to the living area to figure out the sleeping situation. "I'm not sure how to do this, we don't have a guest room or anything." His dad sighed as he stood in front of us. "That's fine," Aubrey answered. "I can sleep on the couch, it's no big deal." She smiled as he sat down. "If you're sure." He sighed. He then turned to us.

"Are you guys okay with swinging it like the last time?" His dad asked me. Isaac nodded happily. "Well okay, then we're settled, I'll go look for some blankets." He said a she turned towards the stairs and went up.

Isaac walked around the couch, taking a seat across from Aubrey. "Last time?" She smirked. Isaac looked over confused as I sat beside him. "You stayed over before?" She looked at me. "Yeah..." I answered, feeling slightly uncomfortable now that she knew.

She didn't say anything about that, she sat there smiling, but her expression already said enough. Isaac just said there confused, not sure what was happing.

A few minutes later his dad came back with the blankets, he handed them over to Aubrey, before heading to bed. It wasn't long before Aubrey kicked us out of the room, sending us upstairs as well.

I followed him into his room, waiting by the door awkwardly as I watched him walk around. I looked over to the bed, already thinking back on the last time. "So..?" I started. "Do I have to sleep on the floor again?" I smirked.

He turned around, looked at me, and then at the bed, a blush showing on his face. "N-no... you don't- have to" he stuttered. I couldn't help but laugh as I sat down on his bed. I let myself fall completely, letting out a long sigh.

"This is already so much better than anything I've slept in before." I smiled, "what about back at the house," he asked carefully. My smile dropped. I propped myself up on my arms, looking over at him. "I slept on the couch..." I said back.

He stayed quiet. "I- am sorry.." he said quietly. I let out a laugh as I sat up completely. "It's fine, it was better than the floor," I joked. But he didn't laugh, he just stood there silently, not sure what to say. "Hey, it's fine." I tried again. He let out a sigh and sat down next to me.

"I'm... sorry, you had to go through all that..." he said, looking away. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders as I pulled him towards me. "It's better now," I reassured him. "Ever since you showed up it's only gotten better," I added. I saw him smile slightly. "And now I even get to share your bed with you," I smirked. I saw his face turn bright red.

He turned away and got up from the bed. "I- uh- let's just go to sleep now." He stuttered as he went to close the door, making to room dark. I let out a laugh as I took off my shoes and turned around to the wall. Making myself comfortable. It didn't take long for him to join me.