Chapter 86 || Poisoned

Isaac POV*

I started to feel a bit useless. I can't handle the crossbow. And all I was doing was watching as Lukas kept firing the arrows. The hunters had stopped in front of us after he had chased them further into the forest. Though I wasn't exactly complaining about Lukas's appearance through all of this.

"You say we don't scare you, but still you run away." Lukas laughed as they stood in front of a tree. "Tsk. you overlooked one thing." One of them laughed. we both looked at them confused.

"We're not as stupid as you think we are." One of the guys knelt behind the tree and emerged with a full bag of arrows. Surprised, we took a step back. Suddenly an arrow came flying from their direction, followed by another one, and before long we were the ones running away.

We quickly ducked behind a tree, catching our breath. "that was unexpected." Lukas sighed as he looked around the tree.

"Now don't be like that,  a second ago you were trying so hard to scare us, why are you giving up?" one of the men mocked as he made his way back to us. "Alright." Lukas was about to get up but I stopped him. "Don't go, what if they hit you?"

"then ill heal. it's just an arrow." He tried to reassure me. "Some of them have poison." I reminded him.

"Yeah and we have the antidote," he said as he put his hand in his pocket.

I looked at him concerned for a second before letting go of him. "Alright." I took a deep breath and followed him back out.

The hunter was ready and instantly fired at Lukas. but he managed to dodge it just in time. HE tried to get as close as possible as he tried to load up a new arrow himself.

What followed was a back-and-forth fight, firing one arrow after the other, as all of us dogded them just in time. we were doing okay for a while. but that would end soon as we were starting to run out of arrows. And the hunters were showing no sign of leaving. this strategy wasn't working.

We found a way to get close enough to talk again. "Maybe we should try something else?" I suggested, catching my breath.

"And what would your plan be?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, but this is clearly not working, maybe we need to be a little more... aggressive?" i looked over at them, they were also out of arrows, but they had a supply, which was the reason they rn here.

"right. Maybe you have a point." He got up again and walked towards them slowly. I walked after him, my weapon ready. "Alright! time to end this!" He yelled.

the hunters turned to him, a smirk on their faces, clearly, they weren't impressed.

Suddenly Lukas threw his weapon on the floor and sprinted to the hunter closest to him. Not seeing it coming, the hunter held up his weapon clumsily. When Lukas got close enough he snatched the weapon away from him and threw it away. as it hit the grass it broke. He smirked as he grabbed the hunter by his shirt, pulling him close to his face.

"Didn't expect that? did ya?" HE laughed. the hunter turned pale as he stared into Lukas's bright yellow eyes. He grabbed onto Lukas's arms as he tried his best to get away, But Lukas wasn't budging.

I looked over to the other hunter and noticed he was trying his best to load up an arrow, panic clearly on his face. I ran over to him and quickly did the same as Lukas, only a little less impressive.

The hunter's weapon fell to the floor a few meters away from us. "good one!" Lukas smiled at me. But unlike him, I wasn't so strong. I was quickly pushed off of him. I stumbled a few steps back.

But I didn't let him get his way, he looked over at me frustrated as he started to pick up the weapon, but before he could grab it I kicked him away. He growled, throwing a punch, but I managed to dodge it.

Beside me I could see Lukas, still holding the other man.

The hunter came back and tried to hit me again. Something came over me as I fought back. I've never hit anyone, but there was something telling me what to do, maybe it was the blood, still in my system. Or maybe just the adrenaline, but I was able to hold my own pretty well. But not perfectly.

After he got a good hit in, he managed to kick me to the ground. "Okay, that's enough!" he growled as he wiped his face. He walked closer to me and grabbed my collar.

That's when Lukas stepped in. He threw the other hunter against a tree. He coughed as he slid down the trunk. I looked at him shocked as Lukas walked up to us. He grabbed the man above me and held him up like he did his partner before, only he looked even more scared.

"Have we really not done enough? Do we really have to kill you in order for you to listen?" He yelled in his face. "Because believe me I will."

His eyes went dark as I noticed the claws forcing their way out of his hand.

"Heh, I'd like to see you try." The hunter smirked. Suddenly the sound of the crossbow filled the forest.

I looked over to see who it was, only to realize it was the other hunter. when we weren't looking he grabbed it and fired.

"Now who is the one getting killed." The hunter laughed as Lukas let go of him. He looked down at the arrow, it had hit him in the leg. "You-" I tried to get up but Lukas held up his hand. "I'm fine" He smiled.

"You really think one arrow is gonna kill m-" suddenly he stumbled backward. "what- ho-" He dropped down onto his knees.

"It's no normal arrow." The hunter smirked as he stood over Lukas. "It's a special arrow. Just for you." he laughed.

I got up quickly and tried to make my way over to Lukas, who was now fully on the floor. He looked up at me scared. Everything went blurry for a second as reality set in. And before I knew it.

I lost control.