Chapter 6 || History

Isaac POV*

I followed my dad to his room as he went over to his bookshelf. He grabbed one of his old-looking books and told me to sit down. "Dad you could just tell me-" he shook his head.

"no that's not enough, there's a lot to explain" he sighed, he opened the book and pulled out a picture, handing it to me.

I looked at the confused, on the picture was a young woman standing next to my dad. "Wh- why are you showing me a picture of mom?" I ask confused. He quietly sat down. "It's well- you and your mom, you're vampires. You know that.." he explained I nodded." and well to answer your question simply, yes, they do exist." He said. I said, getting more nervous by the second.

"What does it have to do with a picture of mom?" I asked again. He looked down at it, I followed his eyes and realized it was folded over. I turned the paper and looked at the whole picture. "Who-" I looked up at my dad.

"That picture was taken when your mother and I first met." He explained. "The person next to your mother is her childhood friend, Marc." I looked at him waiting for more. "Marc was a werewolf." I looked at him surprised, then back at the picture. "Him?" My dad nodded. "I'm still confused, what is it you're trying to tell me," I yelled, getting a bit irritated now. He let out a big sigh before talking again.

"Ever since... well forever, werewolves and vampires, well humans as well, lived apart. Mostly because of the danger, and fear. People were afraid that either of them would kill them, but we now know that in your and your mom's case, the only reason you would ever, well, drink blood, is if you got hurt. But that didn't make everyone less afraid. Except for me, when I first met your mother, I didn't know. I only found out when she had an accident while we were at her friend's house. Marc's house" he sighed softly as he thought back. I listened closely as he continued.

"Well, there's this thing about what people call werewolves as well. Most of the time they can control themself, and they have no issues there. But when well, how cliche it might sound the only time they fully lose control is at a full moon. It just happened to be a full moon that night. That was the night we found out he was a werewolf. And the night he did lose control. It's not his fault, he couldn't help it, it's his instinct to kill. And not necessarily humans, no, just whatever is in his path. Werewolves have been trying to stop it from happening for as long as they exist, but so far they haven't found a solution. So that night, when he lost control, it was just bad luck that we were there. As soon as the moon came up, he changed. And as we ran away, your mother got hurt. Marc got her in her side, leaving behind a massive cut. That's when I found out she was a vampire. As she lost more blood her eyes had turned red, and she told me. And I was the one that saved her. She drank my blood to survive, just enough for me not to pass out." He placed his hand on his neck as he explained.

"I- I didn't know that," I said quietly. He let out a small laugh. "You had no way to know." He smiled, and he cleared his throat. "Anyway, that's not the whole story." I sat up intrigued, as he finished the story.

"After Marc gained control back, he felt awful. Both you and your mom kept telling him that we didn't blame him. We knew it wasn't his fault. But he couldn't stop blaming himself. So after that he left, he went far away, and we never heard from him again." He finished.

"So do you think he's still out there?" I asked. my dad shook his head, "I don't know... I hope so?" He asked himself. I nodded. "After Marc, I never saw any werewolf again. Neither did your mother. She tried to reach it to him a lot, but never got a reply.. before she well..." my dad smiled sadly. I gave him the picture back and he nodded.

It got quiet for a bit. Before he spoke again. "Now I have a question for you..." he said as he sat up again. I nodded, getting slightly nervous. "Why did you suddenly want to know if werewolves were real?" He asked.

I froze, not sure what to say, "I- well, I was just curious...?" I lied, he looked at me suspiciously. Until I finally gave in. "Okay fine, it's because Ava heard a rumor about a reward.." I explained. "Reward?" He asked,

"Yeah, apparently they spotted a werewolf around here, and the first one to catch it gets a big reward." My father's eyes grew big as he put the picture and the book back onto the shelf. "Isaac... I want you to stay away from that. It's not safe." He said seriously.

"I wasn't going to help her, it's stupid anyway," I said. "Good." He frowned as he thought. "Just be careful, if there is a werewolf out there-" he started. "I know dad, 'll watch out, and besides, didn't you just say they're pretty much harmless unless it's a full moon," I said

He sighed and nodded, "Yeah.." it got quiet again until he walked back to the boxes again. "Anyway, can you help me get the shop ready for tomorrow?" He turned towards me. I nodded and got up, "of course"

I grabbed half of the boxes and helped my dad stock up the shelves before doing a quiet sweep around the shop and cleaning up empty boxes. He sighed as he locked the front door and turned off the lights. We said goodnight and I went up to my room.

I let out a big sigh as I thought back on the story. I would've never expected any of that. Guess my dad was tougher than I thought. Letting mom drink his blood so she could survive. That must've hurt. I laugh as I drop onto my bed.

I closed my eyes for a second as I lay in the dark, and when I opened my eyes, I couldn't help but notice tonight was a full moon...