Chapter 50 || Make Yourself At Home

Lukas POV*

"Ah yes, this is so much better already" Aubrey sighed as she stretched across the benches.

"We just got back here, what's changed?" I asked, "it feels safe now.." she said. I looked at her suspiciously, I'm sure that wasn't the only reason. He sat up, "okay fine," she sighed. "I just really wanted my own room again." She admitted. I let out a laugh.

"Well, now's your chance," Marc said suddenly. Aubrey looked up smiling and walked away as she started to look around the church.

"Are there many rooms in a church?" Isaac asked as she disappeared behind a door. "I'm not sure.." I said back.

"Not really, but looking at this place I'm sure you can find one for both of you..." Marc added, he stood at his usual spot in front of the church, he had a small book in front of him. I noticed that he wrote in it quite a lot in the last couple of days. I wondered what was in there.

Then again, it's probably some sort of coping mechanism from being alone for so long, something I can relate to...

"Well, shall we look for your room as well?" Isaac suddenly said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I- don't need a room..." I said back. "I can sleep on the benches."

Marc looked up from his book, staring at me, reminding me of what Aubrey said yesterday. "Why not, if there is one why not just take it..." Isaac argued.

I let out a sigh. "Okay, fine. Let's look for my room..." I gave in. Isaac smiled brightly before turning in the opposite direction Aubrey went in, I looked over at Marc again who quickly turned his eyes back down to his book. I smiled to myself before following Isaac.

We looked through a few rooms, and I thought there wasn't a lot to choose from. But we did find out there was a kitchen, which was... interesting. We already know we have running water so this will come in handy.

After looking for a little longer we eventually found a room that was quite a lot bigger than the others, only to find out Aubrey had already claimed it. This one even had furniture, none of us knew why that was even there.

So after about an hour of searching, we decided to just give up and get one of the small rooms. "I mean, it's better than nothing." Isaac tried to cheer me up.

"It has... a window." He forced a smile as he awkwardly pointed to the tiny window, just low enough for us to see out of we stood on our toes.

"Thank god, a window," I said back sarcastically. He dropped his smile and let out a sigh. "Maybe the benches outside were better." He said defeated. I let out a laugh as I got closer.

"Well.. at least we have a place to be alone now." I flirted as I grabbed his hand. "That's-" he smiled, taking a step back. "Something wrong?" I asked. He shook his head,

"You just- I did t expect that." He laughed. I smirked as I pulled him closer. "So you agree..?" He looked away, his face bright red as he nodded slightly. I brought my hand up to his cheek, bringing his face up to look at me before leaning in and pressing our lips together.

I felt him melt into the kiss almost Immediately, his hand grabbing the bottom of my shirt. I leaned in making him almost lose balance, he caught himself just in time as he took a step backward. "Sorry- are you okay?" I laughed as I pulled away for a second.

"Yeah," he said back. "This room is too small." He laughed as he looked up. He wrapped his arms around my neck as he pulled me down towards him. I realized what was happening and kissed him again. It's always fun when he initiated the kiss, not only does it feel good, it's pretty hot.

I smirked through the kiss as I tried my best to deepen it, but he wasn't letting me. I pushed into him more and soon enough the wall stopped us.

"Wait what was that?" He pulled away as he listened. "What was what?" I asked, hoping we could soon resume what we were doing. "That noise.." he said looking me in the eyes. "I didn't hear anything?" I said confused. He let go of me and placed his hands against the wall next to him. He knocked on it, and a hollow sound came from the wall. "That." He repeated.

"Just sounds like a room to me..." I shrugged, and Isaac turned around. He placed his head against the wall and knocked again. "But- I. Pretty sure there are no more doors past this one.. in the hallway.." he said looking back.

I looked over confused and followed his lead. When I knocked I could clearly hear there was space behind the wall, but no door.

Isaac stepped back and looked over the wall from across the room. I watched him as he shot his eyes over the empty wall. Then suddenly studded when he saw something. He walked up to it, I had to take a slight step to not be in the way. He took away the wallpaper, leaving a small hole, which looked to be for a door knob. Then turned back to me.

"You think-" I asked. He nodded. "I think we just found a secret room." He smiled. "Now we just need to find a way to open it." He turned back to the hole in the wall. I thought for a second before thinking of something. I walked up to the door and grabbed the doorknob. It took some strength, but I got it to come off. I was careful not to break it.

The other half of it fell off as I pulled it out of the door, hitting the floor with a loud clatter. I grabbed it and put it in my pocket for now. Maybe I can put it back later.

I walked back to Isaac and placed the knob in the hole. "It fits." I smiled to myself. "Well, what are you waiting for, let's go inside," Isaac jumped a little, clearly excited. I smiled as I turned back to the door, turning the knob, slowly opening the door, and revealing a dark room behind it.