Chapter 87 || Dont Do This

Isaac POV*

I ran over and got hold of the hunter. The other one, after firing, had collapsed back against the tree. I didn't know how it happened, but before I knew it I was holding the other one against the tree. My hand was tightly on his neck. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" I yelled in his face.

He looked down shocked, not expecting me to turn so suddenly. "What- you-" He tried to find air, but it was hard with my hand close to choking him.

"w-wait, I remember- you." He managed to get out. "You're- the one, that gave us the I-ingredients." He smiled as he tried his best to speak.

"Shut up!" I could feel tears fill my eyes.

"Yeah.." He laughed.

Anger took over as I tightened my grip. I watched his face as he started to lose consciousness when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my leg.

I let go of the hunter, and he fell to the tree and tried his best to catch his breath. I turned around and looked at the other guy, still holding the crossbow. I grabbed the arrow and pulled it out of my leg.

I felt my eyes light up as the wound healed almost instantly, leaving only a small amount of blood on my pant leg. The hunter looked at me frightened as I slowly made my way over to him.

He tried his best to load another arrow into the crossbow, but his nervousness made it hard. I stopped in front of him, kicking the bow away from him before stepping on it, destroying it.

he sat up and tried his best to crawl away. but I caught him, holding him up just like before, but this time without the tree.

If it weren't for my anger I would be impressed by my strength right now, but there were other things on my mind.

"wait don't-" He tried but he was already struggling to breathe. "You really shouldn't have done that-" I said, my whole head filled with anger.

The voices telling me to drink blood had gone quiet, and all I could hear was one voice yelling at me.

'kill him'

He shot Lukas. He poisoned him. He was going to die. And it was my fault.

No- it wasn't my fault, It was theirs. They were the ones using it.

I lowered him slightly. bringing up my other hand, not sure what I was planning. But we are never gonna find out.

"s-stop!" Lukas yelled as he sat up. "don't- don't do this."

I turned around to him confused. "Why not?" I asked, my head not letting me think rationally.

"We agreed, no killing," he said as he held his head.

"But they tried to kill us. They poisoned you." I argued back. "Why should I treat them any different?" I turned back to the hunter in my grasp and held him up as high as I could.

"Because- that's what they expect you do too," he said quietly. I didn't look at him.

"Don't be the monster they think you are- you- hm-" He sighed as he held his head. "Be better than them."

I looked up at the man in my hand. He was right.

'Damn it!'

I let go of the hunter and stared at the ground in front of me. He fell, clutching his throat as he tried his best to catch his breath. As soon as he had enough breath he got up and crawled over the other one still sitting at the tree. Without weapons, they weren't able to do anything.

"Thank you.." Lukas sighed as he laid back down on the grass.

I turned around to the tree the hunters were crawling under and walked up to them slowly. They tried their best to run away but there was nowhere for them to go.

"Don't- please" One of them begged as I loomed over them.

"Leave." I said. "leave this town and us alone." they both nodded. "If I ever see you again I won't let you go so easily."

They both nodded profusely as they got up. Something in their eyes seemed different. Maybe the fear scared them enough to leave forever as the plan intended. Or maybe something else.

I watched as they walked away, leaving their stuff behind, I waited for them to completely disappear before I took a deep breath and turned back to Lukas.

All my anger left and was replaced by fright. I ran over to him and knelt. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly as I looked at the arrow in his leg.

"I'm great." He lied as he looked back at me.

"We need to get this out of you, you're just getting more poison in you this way." I said as I focused on the arrow. "right." He agreed.

I put my hand around the arrow, looking at him. "ready?" I asked. he nodded and closed his eyes. With one quick tug, I pulled the arrow out of his leg. "AH-"

"Sorry, it's out now." I quickly threw the arrow away from him as far as possible. the wound was just as expected, taken away the amount of blood is much less than is to be expected with a flesh wound.

"This is bad," I murmured. I looked up at him concerned. "Do you still have the antidote?" I asked quickly. still not sure when he got it.

"Mh!- yeah, it's in my pocket." He tried to sit up and felt in his pocket. "oh no,"

"What is it?' I asked getting scared.

"It- " he pulled out a piece of glass. " It must've broken when I fell." He sighed as he dropped the glass.

"You've got to be kidding me." I sighed as I sat up. "we need to get back to the church, Marc has more there. Can you walk?" I asked as I got up.

"I can try." He said as he forced himself to stand up. It was wobbly, and not long after he stood up he lost balance. I caught him and held him up.

"Walk? no. Stand? a little." He joked.

"Doesn't matter, this works too," I said as we started walking back. we had only made it a few meters when Marc emerged from the trees, holding onto his crossbow tightly.

"There you are!" he said as he walked up to us. "Everything okay?" He asked as he stopped in front of us.

"How's Aubrey?" Lukas asked. "She's fine. The arrow wasn't poisoned. Are you okay?" He asked, taking a closer look.

"He got hit as well..." I answered for him. "with the poison.."

Marc looked at us scared as he dropped the weapon, "We need to get back now." He commanded as he came to help me carry him.

"It's okay guys, I'm fi-"was the last thing he could get out before he collapsed again, this time blacking out completely.