Chapter 70 || Thirst

Isaac POV*

"I can't believe I did it!" He smiled brightly as he dropped down onto the bed. We had moved back upstairs everybody fell back into their routine.

Marc had resumed his experiments, which were getting to an end soon as he had almost exhausted the small amount of poison. But we had no idea if he was getting anywhere, since he wouldn't tell us what he doing.

Aubrey was doing, whatever she was doing. I wasn't sure what she did during the day, but I'd assume it had to do with training of some kind.

Lukas and I had gone back to the room, he had gotten his energy back despite not sleeping at all yesterday. "After all these years I'm finally getting somewhere." He continued as he stared up at the ceiling.

"I'm happy for you." I smiled as I say down next to him. He sat up and wrapped his arm around me. "Thank you for staying with me last night, I'm not sure I could've done it without you." He said.

"But I didn't do anything.." I said back, avoiding his gaze. "You were there," he said. "And I think that's what helped me gain control." He smiled. "I'm not sure," I sighed. "I am." He smiled proudly.

I forced a smile, still looking away. He let go of me and leaned o to his hands, letting out a sigh. "I could use some sleep." He sighed. "Tonight was a lot."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "It has been a long night," I said. He dropped down completely, "I'm sure Aubrey and Marc won't mind if we took a short nap, he suggested.

I got up and watched as he crawled up to the headrest. I walked around to the side and climbed in next to him. He let out a long contemptuous sigh. He turned around and wrapped his arms around my middle, pulling me closer. I couldn't help but smile, somehow this all felt natural.

We stayed like that for a while, after a few minutes I heard his breathing slow down and realized he'd fallen asleep. Last night was a lot more intense for him than for me.

I let out a sigh, he might've been able to fall asleep easily, but I couldn't relax. It's not that I wasn't tired, I was. I was really tired. But my head wouldn't stop yelling at me.

Sometime during the night, the voices had come back, and they haven't stopped. I tried my best to push them away, and for the most part, I was successful, but it's getting too much, and I can't ignore them anymore.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure he was asleep. Then carefully freed me from his grip and got out of bed. I quietly made my way through the room, stopping at the door I looked back a final time before walking out the door.

I went straight into the forest. I walked for a while until I was barely asked to see the church. Every time it felt quicker. Could be because I'm getting used to the path, I have been sneaking out more than I'd like to admit.

Another explanation could be that my powers were getting stronger. I did read about the possibility of being superseded. Although in not sure that's what this is.

I continued for a little bit until I got to the familiar clearing, we'd been here before when we were out looking for ingredients. Lukas and I. It felt like forever ago.

I sighed as I stood in the middle, letting the sounds of the night, and most importantly, the animals roaming around.

I hated to do this but I can't control it anymore. As soon as the voice starts, all that can make it go away is more blood, and not just from the bags, or my dad's bottles. The only thing that will satisfy it is live blood.

Luckily I've been able to control it to some extent, it's happened a few times that I was close to biting Lukas, or whoever was closest to me. That's the hardest part.

I also managed to not kill the animals after sinking my teeth into them. They get hurt, yes. And probably won't feel great afterward, but they live... as if that makes it any better.

I took a breath and listened closer when I heard the familiar sound of a nearby rabbit. Without much thought, my whole body moved, and soon my teeth were in it again.

The second is the first drop of blood. My whole body got excited. I felt the power course through my veins. As I kept drinking the feeling got stronger. I had to try my hardest to push the rabbit away from me. And as I let him go he faintly jumped away, as fast as his body could carry him. I let out a breath and got back up. Wiping my face. There wasn't much blood as last time. I must be getting better.

I got back to the church in a matter of minutes. I got inside, making sure nothing was going away from my previous activities and I headed back to the room.

I closed the door behind me and looked over at the bed. Just then I noticed Lukas sitting up. "There you are!" He yawned as he wiped his eyes. I smiled as I got up from the bed

"Where did you go?" He asked tiredly. "I just- needed to go to the bathroom." I lied as I got back in bed with him. "For that long?" He asked as he looked at me. "I- I wasn't gone that long..." I said back. Frankly, I didn't realize how long it's been. It must've been a couple of minutes.

"What were you really doing out there?" He asked looking at me a little suspiciously. "I- I was in the bathroom, really-" I lied again, avoiding his face as much as possible. There was no way out of this if he won't believe me

He looked at me as if he didn't believe me. His expression turned to a smirk as he leaned down to my ear. "Next time be quicker. I missed you." He smirked. I could feel my heartbeat quirked.

My body was still highly sensitive after the blood, and his voice, together with his smell made me feel all sorts of things. "I- uh- " I struggled to say something. I heard him chuckle as he turned to look at me.

"What with that reaction?" He laughed as she looked me in the eye. I looked up at him, by now my face must be bright red. My heart beat even faster as I could hear his beat in front of me as well. Every side effect was back, but this time they felt amazing.

Every part of me was reacting and soon I felt myself move, without thinking I pulled him down and kissed him. I felt he was surprised, but it didn't take long for him to process and kiss me back.

I pulled away to catch my breath. He smiled down at me, my arms still around his neck. "What was that for?" He laughed. "I just- wanted to," I said back. "Guess in still not that used to sleeping in the same bed as you." I laughed.

He looked down at me seriously as I took it. A few breaths. "Well maybe you should stay over a lot more," he smirked leaning in again. "So you can get used to it" he smirked. I nodded as he closed the small distance still between us.

He kissed me again, this time quickly finding his opening the deeper the kiss. I felt him push me and soon I was laying down on the bed again. He crawled on top of me a resumed the kiss.

He grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me as close as possible. I followed his movements as much as I could, but soon I had to break away, just to be able to breathe. He smiled down at me. I felt his breath on my face. It felt weird and amazing.

"Are we gonna-" I said, in between breaths. He smirked, "if you want to?" I nodded tiredly as I pulled him back in for yet another kiss.

--