Chapter 40 || Powers

Isaac POV*

He started at me surprised, shock covering his face, as I waited for him to say something. "You're- a vampire." He repeated. I was about to correct him about the Half part, but that didn't seem appropriate right now so I just nodded.

"I'm sorry what?" Aubrey joined in. They both stood infront of me, not saying much. It was the worst feeling.
"I- I can'-" Lukas struggled. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked, he sounded almost hurt. "Well I thought about telling you but it never felt like the right time." I tried, but It just sounded like an excuse.

"Look- I know this is probably a big moment for you guys but we have bigger things to think about right now." Marc interrupted, and we all stared at him. Neither of them even had the chance to notice him. "Your friend here is very vulnerable right now." He added, gesturing to me. "Wait what do you mean?" I turned to him.

"You just drank live blood for the first time.." he explained. "Wait you did what?" Lukas jumped in. Marc held up his hand towards him before turning back to me.
"Over the next couple of hours a lot of your powers are going to show themselves, and judging by how you acted just now means it's already happening." He explained. "How do you-" I looked confused.

He sighed. "I used to know someone like you when I was younger." He smiled sadly. Right. He knew my mom. I nodded and listened to what else he wanted to say.

"It's not only dangerous for you but us as well. Your thirst will only increase, you might even want to bite one of us." He said. This was worse than I thought. "Right." I nodded. "As much as I'd like to get to know you more, right now I think it's better for all of us if you sat this one out in a separate room." He suggested. I agreed. "I- alright."

I took a breath and went off looking for another room. I heard movement, realizing Lukas was walking after me. "Don't." Marc stopped him though. I turned to him again, putting on a smile. "I'll explain everything later," I said before turning back towards the room Marc and I previously entered through.

I leaned on the door, closing it behind me. I let out a sigh as I looked around the room. I noticed a sink sitting in the corner, I didn't see that before when we entered.

I walked up to it and looked in the mirror. I looked worse than I thought. I opened my mouth, fully revealing my fangs, pressure pushing against them as if to tell me to use them. I could still taste the blood, as most of it was still on my face.

But the worst part was probably my eyes, they brought the whole picture together. Marc said they were 'glowing' but he didn't mention they were glowing red. I tried to stop them from doing that, but every time I closed my eyes and opened them again they were still red. I didn't even know this was possible.

I sighed as I turned on the faucet and let the water run for a bit. I made my hands into a cup, filling it with water before splashing it in the face, trying my best to clean off the blood. It helped a little in making me feel better, but I still didn't have control of the rest.

I turned off the faucet and turned around. I went to the wall across from me and sat down. There weren't any chairs in here so the floor it is. I sat down, bringing my knees up to my chest.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier. My body just took over without my control, and I almost bit him. He probably hates me now. I could've told him earlier, why didn't I? I could feel tears form as I put my head into my arms. I feel so stupid right now, if. I had just brought the blood of my own all of this could've been avoided.

I sat against the wall as I felt tears rolling down my face. I could hear everyone talking in the room next to me. Not just their voices, I could still hear their hearts beating.

The sound soon turned into background noise as I tried to ignore them until one of them seemed to fade away. Guess someone left and it got a lot quieter in the church. The tears had stopped, but the feeling wasn't gone yet. I kept thinking about what I was going to say to Lukas once I got back to normal.

I didn't have too long to think about it though. Out of nowhere the door next to me opened, and he appeared in the doorway. I looked up confused as I leaned away slightly.

He closed the door and walked in completely. "What are you doing here?" I asked carefully. "I couldn't leave you in here alone..." he said with a soft smile. I put on a smile myself and watched as he sat down next to me.

It got quiet for a second as we both thought about what to say. "I. Sorry-" I broke the silence, "I just-" I tried, but I still had no idea what to say, all I wanted to do was apologize.

He shook his head. "It's fine." He smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked as he looked over at me. I took a breath. "Not really" I admitted. "I don't know how to explain it's just-" I struggled. But he seemed to know what I was trying to say.

"I understand. I know what it's like to not be in control of yourself." He smiled sadly. I could feel the tears come back. "I- my body is trying to tell me so many things and I don't know what to do with it," I said as I started to fully cry. "Before it was just the healing but now... now it's everything at once." I pulled my legs closer and buried my face in my arms.

I felt him wrap his arm around me pulling me closer. "Don't worry- ill make sure you'll never have to go through this again." He reassured me. I let out a slight laugh, looking back at him. "How are you gonna do that?" I asked, what if this is just the way ill feel when I drink blood now...

"Well- this happened because you got hurt right? I'll just have to make sure you never get hurt again." He smirked as he hugged me tighter. I laughed as I wiped away my tears. "I'd like that." I smiled, putting my head on his shoulder.

"I still wish you would've told me earlier though." He added. "I'm really sorry," I said, not moving. "It's fine. Besides, you didn't know something like this would happen." He said.

"No- That's no excuse." I shot back. I got up again and looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before," I said sincerely. He let out a laugh as he grabbed my head, pulling me into a hug. "I forgive you." He laughed. "Just- from now on... no more secrets." He sighed. I nodded. "No more secrets."

We said there in silence for who knows how long. At some point everything started to fade away, slowly my eyes went back to normal and I assumed everything else did too. I didn't hear Marc or Aubrey's heartbeats anymore, only Lukas's as he was right next to me. The steady rhythm helped calm me down. If it were t for my own heart freaking out about our position I could've fallen asleep an hour ago.

He didn't say anything, he just sat next to me quietly, his arm wrapped around me, his head leaning onto mine, as I was practically in his lap, my head on his shoulder.

I let out a sigh as I sat up slightly. "How are you feeling?" He asked as he let go of me. "A lot better." I smiled, looking down at him. "Thank you." I looked him in the eyes. "I think we can go back to the rest soon.

He sighed as wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. "Do we have to, I kind of like being alone?" I blushed as I looked down at him, not sure what to say. "W-well we don't- we don't have to if- uh." I stuttered. My hands rested on his shoulders as he stared into my eyes. I let out a sigh as he pulled me towards him, closing the small distance between us.

I wrapped my arms around his neck completely as I kissed him back. It didn't take long for him to deepen the kiss, making it harder for me to breathe. I felt him smirk as he wrapped his arms around my waist. There was no space in between us anymore, our bodies fully pressed together.

I pulled away when I started to feel dizzy. I still needed to practice how to breathe when he does that. He smirked as I caught my breath. I put my head on his shoulder as I tried to calm down.

"Now we can go back." I heard him chuckle. I let out a laugh. "Sure.."