Chapter 68 || Control

Isaac POV*

The basement wasn't as dark as I was expecting. It was a rather large room, with four windows lining the top of the walls, light from the setting sun made the room appear almost red.

Two of the walls were lined with shelves, that at some point must have held supplies for the church. They were empty now, aside from a few empty boxes that were left behind.

I looked around d curiously, Lukas went straight to the wall at the very end of the room, seemingly in a hurry.

He searched the wall for a place to attach the chains. He settled for an old pipe, probably one of the pipes giving this place running water,

He wrapped the chains around them and gave them a few goods pulls, when he was happy with the result he dropped them on the floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I walked up to him. He let out a sigh, "not really," he said honestly, "I wish I knew how to control
it, so I didn't have to do this." He grabbed his wrists and went over his scars.

I stood there not sure what to say, "I always thought control would come when I got older, but it never did." He continued, "I guess I have a lot of pent-up anger or something," he let out a small laugh as he turned around.

"Have you tried meditating?" I said trying to lighten the mood, which, thank god, worked as he suddenly started laughing out loud. "No, I haven't. maybe I should," he smiled.

It got quiet again as the room started to get darker, the sun had almost set. Lukas took a breath as he looked over at the chains. "It's time." He turned to me.

I nodded and followed him back to the corner. He sat down and put on the chains, locking the ones around his feet, wrists, and even his neck. I hate that one the most, out of all of them, that one seemed the most painful. But it was most likely the most effective.

He handed me the key when he was done, "keep this on you, whatever happened, don't give it to me until tomorrow morning," he commanded. I nodded understandingly and grabbed the key, putting it safely in my bag. I took a few steps away from Lukas and took a seat on the floor in front of him.

"I still don't get why you want to be here with me."He sighed as he leaned against the wall. "Honestly?" I started, "I'm curious. I wanna know what happens." I said looking down into my lap. "But I also don't wanna leave you alone during something like this," I smiled, looking back at him. He smiled silently.

"I just hope you won't get scared of me when you do see..." he sighed. "I want, that's not possible. Besides, it's not you, not if you don't have control." I said back. "I hope you're right," he smiled as he leaned his head against the wall.

The room started to get darker, making it harder to see. I got up and went over to some boxes, hoping they wouldn't be empty. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Looking if we have something to light this place. "I dint wanna sit in the dark," I added as I lowered one of the boxes.

"Right." He noted. I opened the box, but I didn't find anything. I got up again and pushed the empty box to the side. I looked around and went through all the others. And after about five empty boxes I found something useful. "There we go" I smiled to myself as I lifted out four old oil lamps.

I went around the room and spaced them equally on the floor around where we were sitting. Lukas watched me silently. I stood up and looked proudly over my work. "So how do you plan on lighting them," Lukas asked. "Or did you find a lighter?

I thought my bad around and reached into it. "Don't worry." I smiled as I pulled out a box of matches. "I'm always one step ahead." I smiled proudly as I let go of my bag.

Lukas let out a laugh as he watched me light the lamps. "That bag is useful." Je laughed. "What else have you got in there?." I finished the last lamp and sat back down in front of him. "It's just stuff like this," I explained, putting the matches away.

"A lot if just left behind from when I once needed it. I just never cleaned it out." I smiled as I looked through the stuff. Most of it was useless but occasionally they could come in handy, like the matches that have been in there for years.

It got quiet as we let the lights fully burn. The room was still pretty dark, four lamps are not all that much light for this rather large basement, but it was enough for us to see each other, and for me to see where to go in case things went wrong.

We sat in silence for a while, just passing the time. There wasn't much to say and we were both nervous, and a little excited, about what was to come. And that came sooner than I thought.

I had watched the window closely to see when the moon would show itself. Part of me thought he was gonna turn as soon as the moon came out, but he didn't. Everything seemed fine for a couple of hours as the moon slowly rose into the sky.

It wasn't until midnight that he started to change.

He let out a long sigh, his expression darkened as he stared at me. "Are you sure you still want to stay?" He asked again. "I am," I said back, not breaking eye contact. "This is your last chance." He said firmly. But I stayed put. I wasn't about to quit now.

Suddenly, as some clouds moved away, the room got brighter as the moonlight streamed in through the small windows. Lukas stared at them nervously.

And then, without much of a warning, it started.

He let out a groan as he leaned forward, his face down to the ground. As a reflex I leaned away slightly, my body getting ready to run, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere.

He kept panting heavily, but the panting started getting deeper when it suddenly changed to growling. I stood up and watched as his whole body started to change.

I saw how his hands transformed into claws. His hair got longer, not only growing on his head but making its way down his jawline. I took a deep breath. Trying my hardest to fight the urge to run. I didn't want to be scared, but my body wasn't agreeing with me.

He slowly raised his head, giving me a better look at his face. His mouth filled with sharp teeth. His eyes were. glowing bright yellow, as he stared up at me. I almost couldn't recognize him, and by his first reaction, he couldn't recognize me either.

He kept growling, and all traces of human disappeared. As soon as he noticed another person in the room, he tried to stand up and reached for me, almost like he was ready to attack. I took a step back. I lost my balance as I wasn't looking g where I was stepping and fell. I looked at him, terrified of what he could do.

He stood back suddenly, almost as if to retreat. He growled as he seemed to struggle with himself. Gradually the growling started to sound like breathing again. Until it turned to talk.

"...no" he struggled. "....wait- I don't... stop!" He mumbled. Soon he fell onto his knees again, holding his head in his hands as he took a few deep breaths.

I got up and carefully walked up to him. Slowly his breathing slowed down, his whole body seemed to relax a bit. Suddenly his head shit up as he stared at me. His eyes were still yellow, but they were human again. He stared at me, a mixture of shock and relief on his face.

"Are you- okay?" I asked carefully as u stopped in front of him. He nodded slowly. "I think- he started. "I think I gained... control..."