Chapter 52 || Privacy

Isaac POV*

The kitchen, kind of worked. The church still had running water for whatever reason. And there's more than one way to get fire, so if anyone knew how to cook they could. This made everyone very excited of course, so much so that Aubrey decided it was time for Marc to get out again how she got to that conclusion, I don't know myself.

"You can't- it's too dangerous," Lukas didn't agree. And he had a point. "It's boring to go alone, and you don't know how to cook." She said back, determined to go with Marc.

"And who said I can?" Marc said to her she looked down at him seriously. "I just get that vibe from you." She laughed. Marc got quiet.

"That doesn't matter, you can go but he can't. What if someone recognized him?" He said back. I just stood behind him, not sure if I could help. "Do you think I didn't think about that?" She said. "I'll just disguise him-" she said simply. I looked between them. "That could work..." I said carefully.

I didn't want to go against Lukas, but I think it would be better for Marc if he did go out. I'm not sure where he's been for the last couple of years, but it's obvious by looking at him that he hadn't been around many people.

"Yeah, but it's not a guarantee," Lukas said back angrily. He really didn't want them to do this. I'm not sure why he was so against it. I thought he of all people would understand...

"We can try.." Marc joined in. "To be honest it would be nice to see the town again..." he said quietly. "See- He wants to go as well." Aubrey continued. Lukas let out a long sigh as he sat down on one of the benches.

"It's not like you'll listen to me anyway." He said quietly. "Just be careful. If anything happens..." he stopped and looked down. Aubrey's expression dropped, she walked over to Lukas and sat down next to him.

"It'll be fine. If the hunters find out I'll scare them off like last time." She reassured him. "But they won't because I have an awesome disguise ready." She added.

Lukas sighed and forced a smile. "Fine. I'll trust you this once." He joked. "Thanks, bro." She gave him a playful push and got up again. "Okay Marc, follow me." She said confidently. He got up and followed her to what I assumed was her room.

I looked over at Lukas who was still looking down. "Are you okay?" I asked as I took a seat next to him. He nodded. "I just don't want them to ruin everything." He said, laughing slightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He took a deep breath and sat up. "We worked so hard to get here. You got shot- and if they get caught well have to start over again..." he explained. "I want this to work. I'm tired of hiding..." he sighed. I leaned against the bench next to him.

"They won't, I'm sure they want this to work as much as you do. But I also understand why they want to go out. It not healthy to stay inside all day..." I said back.

He looked down at me. He nodded and let out another sigh. "I know." It got quiet as we just sat there for a bit. Then he suddenly got up again.

"Alright. Enough sitting around. Shall we go clean up the room more?" He laughed. "I would like to sleep in that bed tonight." I let out a laugh and got up as well. "Well then, let's get to work." I smiled.

We went back to the room and continued where we left off earlier. We made sure to get as much off the dust as possible. By the end of the evening, we had most of the desks and tables looking good as new. The bookshelf looked a lot better as well, that just meant the bed. Which meant taking it apart and really beating it out of the mattress. That turned out to take more energy than I thought.

"Why are mattresses so heavy?" I complained as I dropped myself down onto it. "Because it was full of dust." He said back, still trying to catch his breath. He stood next to me and looked at the room.

We managed to get a lot done. Most of the room looked pretty clean. Besides the many books and other things scattered around the tables and desks. "It starting to get somewhere." He laughed as he made his way to one of the tables.

He picked up a book, wiped off the dust, and walked back to the shelves behind us. "I still learned to believe there was a whole secret room in a church, of all places." He said as he put the book on one of the more empty shelves. "It is kinda mysterious," I added, still laying down on the bed.

"I'm sure we can find something- ah!" before finishing his sentence he quickly pulled his hand away from the shelves. "What happened?" I looked over confused as I sat up. He held his hand, staring down at it. "Splinter." He chuckled lightly. he got closer and sat on the bed next to me. "Guess that's to be expected, those shelves have probably been there for many years." I laughed as I looked closer.

The splinter was clearly visible, and he had no problem taking it out. He pulled it, letting out a sharp breath. he took the small piece of wood and threw it on the floor before looking back at his finger, it must've been deeper than it looked at first because as soon as it was out of his finger, blood came out. It wasn't much but it was enough to trigger something inside me.

I turned away and sat back, trying to push away whatever the feeling was. It must still be side effects from drinking last time... I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to make the feeling go away.

"Is everything okay?" Lukas's voice pulled me out of my thoughts again. I opened my eyes and looked at him. he stared at me confused, his finger in his mouth, probably to stop the bleeding. "yeah... I'm fine." I smiled as I took a breath. "Are you sure?" He asked again. I nodded. "I just felt a bit dizzy..."

He looked at his finger again and it looked like he understood. "Did it.. is it because of the blood..?" He asked, I nodded slightly. but I didn't say anything. "I'm sorry..." he apologized. "No, it's not your fault." I stopped him. "You couldn't have predicted this." I continued. he looked down at me silently, looking down at his finger again, which was probably still bleeding. "If only I had healing powers like yours." He smiled as he put it in his mouth again.

I let out a laugh... "yeah, maybe.." I let out a sigh and sat up a bit as the feeling faded away. HE dropped his hand again and slowly leaned closer to me. "What are you doing..?" I asked as I felt a blush creep onto my face. " if I kiss you, do get your healing power?" he smirked. I leaned back a bit. "I don't think it works that way." I laughed, that caught me off guard. "How did you even get to that confusion." I kept laughing as he looked down at me, looking completely serious. "Can we try anyway?"