Chapter 26 || They're Back

Isaac POV*

"Okay so now you just hold out your arms like this" Aubrey helped Ava with her stance. Adjusting her arms where necessary. "Like this?" Ava awkwardly held up her arms in front of her face. "Yes, exactly." Aubrey took a step back and stood in the same position. "Okay now try and stop me. " she challenged. "Wait I don't-" and without warning Aubrey ran up to Ava, swinging her fist towards her. Suddenly Ava moved and hit the fist out of the way, Aubrey stopped, looking at her impressed. "Just like that, you're a natural!" She complimented.

Ava opened her eyes, which she previously closed as she was about to be hor. "I am?" She couldn't believe she had done what she had just done. "Yeah! Good job!" Aubrey gave her an encouraging nudge. "Now let's move on to the next part." She continued.

I smiled as I watched them train in front of the house. Lukas and were sitting on the floor, our back to the wall underneath the window. "I still can't believe she's teaching her this stuff.." he sighed. "Why not, might come in useful someday." I smiled back. "If she didn't put herself in a dangerous situation, she wouldn't have to defend herself..." he argued back. "It's still kind of cool to know how to fight," I admitted.

Lukas looked at me tired. "Didn't tell me you want to learn to?" He sighed. I laughed. "No, I don't- I'm fine." I laughed. I don't want to know how to fight, and besides, I'm pretty much invincible because of my powers anyway. Not that he knows that, which is another thing I should tell him. A thing that might be easier than the other thing.

"Good, 'cause she's not allowed to teach you" he pouted. I looked over at him amused, "Why not? You jealous?" I smirked. "N-no that's, not it," he defended, "she's just way too strong, and she doesn't know how strong she is, what if she seriously hurts you" he rambled on. My heart skipped a beat hearing him say that. "I didn't know you cared so much." I joked, and he smirked back, giving me a playful push.

"My sister just doesn't know how to stop, I should know." He said silently. I turned my attention back to Ava, she ran up to Aubrey to try and land a hit, but of course, she missed, completely missed. Aubrey stepped aside, and the force of Ava! 's punch caused her to fall over. She rolled over frustrated. Aubrey stood over her, holding out her hand, "almost" she laughed. Ava got up and wiped her clothes. "Yes right..." she said back sarcastically.

They laughed before walking back towards us. They stopped right in front of us. "Great work," I said to Ava. She smiled. "She still has a long way to go through." Lukas added, "I'm sure I could beat you in a fight." She challenged, "Oh yeah?" Lukas challenged back. "I'm confident," she smirked. Lukas was about to get up to fight her when she spoke up. "But that'll have to wait till next time, I should head home now."

She turned to me with a wink, and I felt a blush creep up my face, "Aubrey, would you like to come with me, I wanna talk some more," she asked, Aubrey, shrugged. "Sure. Why not, let me just grab a jacket." Ava nodded and Aubrey went inside for a second before re-emerging with an old leather jacket, "let's go." They waved after us and started to walk into the forest leaving just Lukas and me behind.

We sat in the grass a while longer, just silently staring towards the woods, ever since I realized my feelings this sort of thing has been happening a lot, just us in silence. I never knew what to say at a moment like this.

"Should we head inside, it's starting to get kind of cold." He suddenly said as he got up. I nodded and followed. I quickly wiped the grass and dirt off of my clothes and followed him inside.

He held the door for me, closing it when I was inside. He walked around me and sat on the couch.
I stood in the room awkwardly as I looked at him. He stared at me expectedly. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing," I said back, walking up to him and taking a seat on the couch next to him. It quickly got quiet again.

Suddenly we could hear rain starting to fall outside. "Looks like we went inside just in time. l he laughed as he looked outside. "Yeah..." I said softly. He then turned around to look at me. "Is everything okay? You've been... different, lately." He asked, sounding worried. "No I haven't," I tried to defend, but he wasn't buying it. " yeah you have, every time it's just as you go all quiet... did I do something wrong?" He asked. "N-no! You didn't!" I turned to look at him. We made eye contact for a second and I could feel my face burn up again. I quickly looked down. "Then what is it?" He asked, sounding slightly irritated.

I took a deep breath and sat up. It is now or never. "There is something..." I admitted. "What?" He asked. I took one final breath, here goes nothing. "I-"

And of course, we were once again interrupted, I barely start my sentence when out of nowhere a gunshot was heard from outside. Shocked we both looked towards the window, the sound of the rain hitting the window.

"What was that?" I asked surprised. Lukas shook his head. He gestured for me to follow him. We both sat down under the window, like last time. I sat with my back against the wall as I looked at Lukas, who was staring intently out the window. We could hear voices from outside.

"Would you be more careful with that!" I hear a deep voice yell. "I thought saw something!" Another voice yelled back. "Just stay back and follow my lead." Somehow the voices sounded familiar. I got up slowly to see who was there. Lulas tried to stop me from doing so, but I got up anyway. I sat next to him, looking out. I did recognize the voices. "That's the guys from the store.." I whispered. "What?" Lukas asked confused. "These guys came into the store two days ago, they ordered some weird herbs," I said back. "What kind of herbs?" He kept asking, never once taking his eyes off the men.

"I don't know what they were but my mom's journal said they could be used as a poison," I explained. "Poison?" He repeated. I nodded. "Werewolf poison." I finished. Lukas froze for a second. "What? Why didn't you say this earlier!?" He turned his attention to me. "It just didn't come up.." I said back, feeling slightly intimidated by him. He let out a shaky breath. He looked back at the window. "Stay here, I'll handle this." He was about to go out and do something but he stopped. I turned back to the window and suddenly the guys seemed to turn around.

Out of nowhere, a giant wolf jumped out from behind the bushes. All four of us froze and circled the men. They looked just as shocked as I felt. Weren't they supposed to be hunters? "They're two of them?" One of the men yelled.

"What do you mean? Didn't you say they chased only one out here?" The other yelled back. "Yeah, but it wasn't able to do this, it was just a young boy." He said back. They kept arguing as they closely watched the giant wolf as it kept circling them. "Well, what are you waiting for shoot it" the man yelled to his companion.