Prima To The Rescue

...

"No."

I don't understand.

Why did I lie.

"Listen man, I'm not trying to get into any fights but I think you should back off," Tate spoke sternly, I shivered.

"What..." Camilo sounded hurt. I began to empathise with him, I knew that feeling. All too well.

But then I thought back to what Maria told me.

He...

He deserves it.

"Sierra, please tell him I'm your boyfriend!"

...

"Please..."

"I don't know who you are, but you should probably leave," Tate was once again telling him off.

"No, no I won't. Who are you anyways?"

"You first."

"Camilo Madrigal."

"You're apart of the special family, too bad they aren't here to back you up."

"Tell me who you are."

"Tate Cordoba, a friend of Sierra."

I sighed softly, bothered by the two boys arguing. Then I saw someone in the corner of my eye, I turned my gaze to them, it was Isa. She was peeping out from behind a building, frantically gesturing for me to go over.

I knew the guys were distracted, so I took my chance and snuck away.

"Ugh, boys. Always in competition," she rolled her eyes, I snickered.

"Yeah..." I still managed to feel dismal about Camilo. Isa immediately spotted my mood, and took me over to a nearby bench.

"You can tell me about it. Take your time."

I don't deserve her.

I thought about what I would tell her. I couldn't really put what I was feeling into proper words. And the situation downright seemed like a Romance/Drama.

"Okay. Well, Maria told me that Camilo kissed her. A-and that... he tried to... assault her," Isa seemed startled, but nodded to me nonetheless, signifying that she was listening.

"Um," I was holding back from sobbing at this point, "I'm not sure if I believe her anymore..."

"I don't know who I'm supposed to believe anymore..."

"That's a completely normal way to feel Sia," she assured me, pulling me in for a hug. It helped, I was no longer about to burst into tears, well, not as much.

"Ugh, now I have to go save my primo from getting beat up. Stupid family duties..."

I laughed at her statement, it must be fun to have cousins.

We both sat up off the bench, turning back around the corner of the building to fetch Camilo. She was infront of me obviously, I wasn't planning on being the first person they spotted.

"HEY!" Isabela snapped at Tate from a distance, a vine shot up from the floor between the two boys, slapping Tate in the face.

"BACK OFF MY PRIMO!"

Oo, I'm not getting her mad anytime soon.

Tate rubbed his cheek while turning around, seeing me and Isa.
I saw Camilo smirking behind him.

"I'm just defending your frie-"

"I DONT CARE, NO ONE THREATENS CAMILO EXCEPT FOR ME."

Jeez, that's some family love right there.

Tate ran off behind a building, towards the direction of his house.

I'll have to apologise later.

Isa leaned back to look the the gap he'd gone into, confirming he had left. When she seemed satisfied, she sprinted over to Camilo.

-Camilo's pov-

Isabela threw herself at me in a hug, an intense one. She was literally fuming, smoke was basically pouring out her ears.
When she finally pulled away, she immediately started shouting, "what were you thinking!? Sierra is literally your girlfriend ALREADY, you don't need to go get into arguments with other guys!"

"Well, I just wanted to explain... but he wasn't letting me!"

Isa performed her iconic eye roll, before I heard Maria walk over.

"Hey Cami! I got the churros."

I'd forgotten how mad I was at her, "MARIA RUADA! What did you say to my girlfriend!?"
No matter how self-assured I'd sounded, I wasn't confident in my own words.

If she's telling people that we aren't together then...

Is she even my girlfriend anymore?

...

"Cami, I didn't say anythi-"

"Stop lying! You were literally right in front of me!"

"..."

"Well!? SPIT IT OUT," I waited for her response, but I didn't receive an answer.

"CAMILO!"

My face was met with a hard whack.

Sierra slapped me.

I looked at her, astonished beyond belief. She seemed surprised herself, looking down at her quivering hand.

We all froze, no one knew what to say. No one could make eye contact.

"Sia...?" Truth is, I didn't care that she slapped me. In all honesty, I more than deserved it. I just wanted to make sure that she was okay first.

"Sia?" I repeated, hoping for a response.

She looked up at me, her eyes glistening. Then she bolted off into the nearby markets, where it was crowded.

Oh, Sia...