Birthday Plans

(This chapter may seem pretty useless, and extremely random. But I wrote it for a reason so just be patient 😚)

-Sierra's pov-

"Hey Isa!" I walked up to Isabela, who was playing around with her powers just outside of her bedroom.

"Hmm?"

"What happened to Luisa's birthday? I swear it was like five weeks ago."

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell you. So when the whole miracle thing happened, everyone was a bit too stressed to remember. I mean, I think Luisa even forgot."

"Huh... we can throw her a surprise party? If you think she'd like that, I wouldn't know I'm not her sister."

"Good idea! She's usually the busiest Madrigal so she comes home latest. Barely half an hour before dinner. We could totally have a family meeting!" She turned her gaze away from me quickly, "Dolores! You heard us! Start gathering the family!"

We waited at the dining table for about ten minutes, before the whole family except Luisa joined us. Immediately everyone started questioning the sudden gathering. But me and Isa kept our lips tightly sealed, waiting for everyone to take a seat. While me and Isa remained at the end of the table, standing.

"HUSH, HUSH! Sierra, would you like to begin?"

"Okay, so we called a family gathering, well, with me as an addition-"

*Cough*"future Madrigal"*cough*

Everyone let out a gentle laugh at Camilo's joke, including me and Isabela. But Isa quickly shushed the family once again.

"Uh where was I? Right, so me and Isa have come up with an idea."

"WE WANT TO THROW A SURPRISE PARTY FOR LUISA!" We both squealed in unison, the seated members saying things like 'ooh' and 'aah'.

"So obviously we can't organise the whole thing on our own," Isabela exclaimed.

"So we had Dolores rile you all up to help us plan this party!" I added onto her words, it felt like I had a telepathic connection with Isa. I mean, we were finishing each other's sentences.

"Ideas, GO!" Isabela clicked her fingers and pointed at the table.

"Disco!"

"Formal dinner party- wait, no even I think that's a bad idea."

"I was also going to say Disco!"

"My tiger thinks she'd like a Disco! That's DONKEY THEMED!"

"Tonito, what did I say about animals at the table?"

"Sorry Abuela..."

"Why is everyone saying Disco?"

"Come on haven't you met Luisa?

"Duh, she wants a D-I-S-C-O. DISCO."

"Come on, why not just have a normal par-"

"DISCO!" The whole table seemed to shout that in unison, clearly wanting to have a disco themed party.

"Uhh, disco it is!" I excitedly confirmed, I hadn't gotten to know Luisa that well, so I assumed whatever the family came up with would be accurate to her tastes.

"ALRIGHT! So now that we know what we are planning, Sierra and I will assign you your roles. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask us, because we, are the masters of party planning."

Camilo seemed to disagree, "neither of you have planned a party in your li-"

"SHUT IT PRIMO."

"Okay okay jeez!"

"As I was saying, before I was very rudely interrupted," Camilo scowled at her, "hold on one sec."

She turned to me, whispering about the various roles the family members could play for the plan.

When we finally agreed on a conclusion, we turned back around to face the table once more.

_________________________________________
(If it gets confusing)

Camilo, Isa, Mirabel - decor

Julieta, Sierra - food

Antonio, Agustin - distracting

Dolores - communication/reporting

Sierra, Dolores - invitations

Pepa, Felix, Isa -supplying the decor
_________________________________________

This time, I began, "so, Pepa, Felix, and Isa will supply the decorations. So they'll go into town and get the actual decorations, also Isa can make some."
I thought a second before continuing, "Milo, Isa, and Mirabel are in charge of putting up the decor. Tonito and Agustín will distract Luisa."

Isa went on, "Julieta is in charge of food, there will be a lot to make so Sierra will assist her. Dolores and Sierra are going to invite townsfolk, and finally Dolores will be on communication. So if Agustín and Tonito are struggling they can warn Dolores."

"Is that clear to everyone?" Isa and I sternly voiced to the collected group. We were answered with a series of things like yep, sure, yes, duh, etc.

"Good to know, we haven't exactly made a list because we only just decided this so, you all have to remember what you're doing. For tomorrow, when the party will be. Unless that's not enough time for you Julieta?"

"Oh, of course it's enough querida, I'm always up for a challenge. And I'll have you in the kitchen to help me if I need it." She smiled up at me.

"Alright then, its settled. Tomorrow, everyone knows what they're doing." I sighed in relief, glad I didn't have to remember it all. I have a really crappy memory.

(TIMESKIP TO DINNERRR)

-Camilo's pov-

I nudged Sierra with my elbow subtly. She put her fork down and turned to me.

"That was really sweet of you mi amor," I leant closer to whisper in her ear. So Luisa didn't hear, as she was seated directly infront of Sierra.

"Oh, no I just wanted to pay it back. She kind of found me passed out one time." She shrugged off my compliment, returning her attention back to her almost empty plate.

"Whatever you say princesa."

I immediately heard Mami whispering from the other side of Sierra. Probably talking about me and Sia to Tía Julieta.

(So I decided a nickname for everyone to call Sierra could be 'Sia')

I tried to make out what they were saying over the other conversations around me. Sia noticed I was deep in concentration because she glanced at me quickly, then Mami, then her food.

"They're a match made in heaven!"

"How come you already have two kids who are in love and mine are basically opposed to the idea, or just haven't found anyone."

"Hah, I'm two to none! But don't worry hermana, I'm sure they'll find someone each. But for now can we just appreciate Sierra and Milo?"

"Yeah, they are adorable. Aren't they?"

That's sort of what their conversation sounded like, I didn't get the rest when Sia grasped my hand. I looked up at her eyes glued to mine. It was moments like these that made me appreciate having her in my life. No matter the obstacles we've had to overcome.

No matter what happens, I'll love you the whole way mi amor.