My Precious Mariposa

(Everyone taking their seats at the dinner table)

-Sierra's pov-

I watched Camilo as he took a seat at the table. Usually I thought it was funny how enthusiastic he always was, for every meal. Like, everytime he ate.

But this time was different, he was about as grumpy as Mirabel when she had mood swings. Everyone began to stuff their mouths, except for Camilo. Who had his head leaning on his fist, while the other dismally poked at his food.

"Milo? You don't seem that hungry?" I called from the opposite end of the table, hoping to catch his attention. Appearently my little attempt grabbed everyone's attention except for his.

Everyone dropped their conversations, some also letting go of their cutlery. Then they turned their heads in Camilo's direction.

He continued to nudge his food, unaware of the undesired attention that was on him.

"...huh?" He eventually looked up, looking around the table in a confused manner.

"Hm?" He continued. Hoping someone would say something rather than just stare at him forever.

"Milo? You haven't touched your food yet."

"Oh, huh. I haven't. Welp, I suppose I'm just not that hungry."

Pepa looked up at me with concerned eyes, her facial expression begging me to find out why her hijo was acting funny.

I turned my gaze back on Camilo, who now had his eyes back on his untouched food.

After a while, everyone got a little bored of staring, so they returned to their food before it got too cold.

After dinner, I immediately tried to walk over to Camilo, but he didn't notice me. He just left. Back up to his room I suppose. So I followed him upstairs.

"Milo?" I whispered to him when I slowly opened his door, a creaking sound could be heard.

I found him laying on his bed, his knees just hanging off the edge. He didn't respond, so I just closed the door behind me and went to lie down next to him.

I didn't say a word, hoping he would come up with something first. The long awaited moment of silence followed. But I could wait.

"It's stupid." He eventually sighed at his own words.

"Stupid huh?" I asked him, "whatever you say then."

"I- wait. Huh?"

"Hmm?"

"You... aren't going to..."

"..." I planned on using a psychological trick instead.

"I... what?"
Man, he was confused.

"Nope, we can just leave it if it's that stupid."

"I, no! Nononono. Absolutely not."

"Well, if you insist." I shrugged, wanting to hear about why he went unfed tonight.

"I... it's not the same if you don't try to force it out of me!" He mumbled the next part, so I couldn't exactly decipher it.

"Okay then, please tell me what's wrong."

"No. Cuz it's stoopid."

"It's not stupid if it's bothering you that much."

"Hmph."

"Pleeease tell me Milo, because I'm your loving girlfriend who is just looking out for you. So spill."

"Well... I guess," Then he grumbled something I couldn't understand.

"I didn't quite catch that."

"I'm ticked off at my familia because I just wanted to have alone time with you but they always have to barge in on everything I do!" He rapidly yelled that entire sentence, so hastily it sounded like one long word.
"It's like I never get time to do things without them..." he whined, turning away from me.

I shifted myself closer so I could spoon him in my arms, also with one leg wrapped around him.

"Mi amor, we can hang out now. I promise." I assured him, my voice was sort of muffled since my face was buried into the back of his neck.

He switched back around to face me, nuzzling into the crook of my neck. His small but warm grin brightened up the moment.

"I love you." A barely audible whisper came from him.

"Well then, I love you too." I repeated it back to him. My face was engulfed by his hair. Not that I minded.

I closed my eyes, and almost immediately drifted off into a deep slumber.

(Next morning, now FRIDAY 😬)

I awoke, an unconscious grin grew on my face. That was the first peaceful night I've had in encanto before. No horrible nightmares, not even a dream. Just peace.

I rubbed my eyes open, taking in my surroundings.

"Sleep well my princesa?"

Camilo was standing next to his dresser, effortlessly throwing his iconic yellow ruana over his head.

"Mhm." I mumbled in a weary tone.

I extended my arms out infront of me while sitting up on his bed, making hand signs for him to come over. He snickered a little, before walking into my outstretched arms to hug me. Before he could pull away, I yanked him onto the bed and nuzzled up to him.

"Hm..." I drowsily muttered, nudging even closer to him than I already was.

"Five more minutes, then we get up for breakfast." He instructed, then wrapped his arms around me.

"Mhm..."

"You're adorable, my precious mariposa." He murmured, then remained silent so I could get that extra five minutes of rest.

(Five minutes later~)

"Wake up~"

I sighed, rolling off Camilo. "Fine," I moped out of his room, and made my way over to Mirabel's bedroom.

*knock*

As I attempted to drum my hand against the door again, it swung open.

"Ouch!" I accidentally hit Mirabel in the face instead.

"Oh! Sorry Mira! I needed to borrow some clothes. Ya know, for the new day~..."