Valerie Perez

I rubbed my wet eyes while glancing up at the boy, standing next to the bed.

Shoot.

My mama never gave me a fake name, just told me not to let them know who i was. I hesitated. Looking down, my face out of sight. I was trying to figure out what made up name I would use, so I pretended that was a hurtful question to buy myself some time

-Camilo's pov-

The mysterious girl lowered her face, she started to whimper quietly, shaking.

Did I say something wrong?

My eyebrows furrowed in worry and confusion. Maybe she forgot her name? But what could be so traumatizing that you could forget your own name?

She mumbled something under her breath.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that," Julieta responded.

"I'm... My name is Valerie Perez," she gulped, continuing to stare down.

Looking up from Valerie, "Camilo, please go fetch your Abuela for me," Julieta didn't usually ask of much, so Camilo willingly obeyed.

-Nobody's pov-

After the sound of Camilo's door closing after him Julieta continued to speak to the girl.
"So Valerie, can you tell me what happened to you? No rush."

Sierra was mesmerized by the woman's voice. Almost spilling the beans on her real identity without realising, but she couldn't afford any mistakes especially not this early on.

Sierra tried to 'hold back' her fake tears as she started telling her about her 'old town being invaded'. And how her 'parents were murdered'. This was obviously the best fake story to tell the madrigals. The Abuela Alma especially, as she could relate.

Julieta sat next to 'Valerie' while she patiently listened to the girls story. Moments later Abuela Alma and Camilo entering the room.

"Camilo, you stay in here, Julieta I need to speak to you," Abuela Alma said leaving the room with Julieta following after her closing the bedroom door.

-Camilo's pov-

Tia and Abuela were now talking outside the room, leaving me and Valerie to each other's company. I sat next to her on the bed, I tried not to sit too close as to not make her uncomfortable.

After a long silence, she turned her head towards me.
"Hi..." she barely whispered, her voice obviously tired and raspy.

"Hey, do you need to shower? I have a bathroom?" I exclaimed, pointing towards my bathroom door.

"I... sure. Thank you."

We smiled at each other for what felt like a year. But she ended up hopping out of my bed and walking over to the bathroom.

"I'll go grab you a towel!" I called after her. She grinned, stepping into the bathroom.

I rushed outside to get a spare towel.

(Skip to him bringing it back go his room)

I reached the bathroom, hearing the water on. I held back, realising she was already in the shower. She must have noticed I was there, because she told me to just quickly throw it inside.

"O-okay..." I opened the door an inch, my eyes slammed shut while I threw the towel in. Immediately shutting the door afterwards. I could feel my face burning up, what if I accidentally caught a glimpse of her? I felt embarrassed just from the thought.

My thoughts were interrupted when Abuela entered my room, "when Valerie is out of the shower, give her some spare clothes and escort her down to the dinner table." She left after finishing.

(Skip to after Sierra left the bathroom, and don't worry Camilo borrowed a dress from Mirabel for her)

-Sierra's pov-

"Can I help you with your hair?" Camilo offered to help me. I nodded as a response. I sat on the bed infront of him, while he sat cross legged behind me. Whipping out a hair brush from the bedside drawer.

We sat silently while he slowly brushed my damp hair, obviously trying not to hurt me. He had been surprisingly kind to me the whole time nothing like my parents had described.

I could almost feel myself...

Blushing.