Goodnight, Hermosa

She wasn't blushing, she couldn't be. She can't be.

She wasn't allowed to be.

I felt myself start to hyperventilate, I felt dizzy. I could hear the boy's voice calling out to me. That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

-Camilo's pov-

One moment I was softly brushing through her shiny, smooth, Brown locks of hair. Next moment her breathing starts heavily speeding up. Before I know it she's passed out into my arms.

This is normal. I try to tell myself.

She's just gone through a traumatizing experience, she needs rest.

So I let her, I crawled out from under her head and pulled the covers over her. This gives me a chance to observe her facial features. I kneel over to have look at her smooth skin, her shiny lips. I hold her cheek for a moment before I'm called downstairs for dinner.

I leave the bedroom, silently closing the door behind me. Then make my way to the dining room, Valerie flooding my thoughts.

I was late to dinner, and I was assuming Abuela had already spoken about Valerie. Because when I entered the room everyone's gaze turned to me. The deafening silence bothered me as I casually took a seat between Dolores and Felix.

"So? Where is Valerie," Abuela asked.

"She passed out, I didn't want to wake her up so she's sleeping."

"Good choice Camilo. Now, everyone back to your food please."
And with that everyone's heads slowly returned to looking at their plates of food. It made me uncomfortable that they clearly weren't acting normal. I mean, the whole situation was absurd.

I quickly gobbled up my food so I could return to the sleeping beauty currently upstairs. I hastily stood up while pushing out my chair a bit too aggressively, almost causing the seat to fall backwards.

I attempted to walk out the room at a not so casual pace, but before I could mama stopped me, "no seconds?"

"I... no thanks mama. I'm not hungry."

"Milo I think that's the first time I've ever heard you say those three words!" My papa's eyes widening at the revelation, chuckling after.

-Nobody's pov-

Camilo tried to join in, giggling nervously before speeding upstairs.
He didn't know why he was so worried, it's not like she was going anywhere. Plus, he barely knew the poor girl, why would he feel that way?

He busted into his room, surprisingly without making any noise. There she was, same spot as where he had left her. In his bed, wait.

In his bed!?

Camilo had never shared a bed with a girl before, he hadn't actually slept in the same bed as ANYONE before. Unless you counted when he was a baby/toddler.

He continued walking over to his large bed, after deciding it was big enough for two to go without even touching eachother.

He crouched on both knees, so he was at face level with hers. He stroked her soft hair, without saying a word. Then without thinking, he kissed her forehead and whispered,

"Goodnight hermosa."