Undeserved

"Milo?"

...

"Camilo?"

...

"Camilo Madrigal!"

...

"CAMILO MADRIGAL!"
I was startled by the loud voice, my eyelids dividing hastily.

"Jeez! Dolores, my wonderful yet irritating hermana, I liked it more when you whispered." I shook my head in disbelief, and because I had a massive headache.

"Ow..." I groaned, wrapping both hands across my head in an attempt to endure the pain.

"Hijo! Are you alright!? Sierra found you passed out!" Mami penetrated her way into the room, or scene I suppose. Practically my entire side of the family was here.

"Ugh... my head hurts Mami..." I tried to look up at her, my eyes slightly squinted. But the more I tried to focus, the crazier things got. My vision blurred, I could see triple times the room.

No, I don't need more Dolores' in my life!

I attempted to slide up off my bed, instead I actually slid off the bed. I crashed straight into the floor, face first.

I could barely make out the muffled voices of my family members, all of them were speaking at once. The pain in my head was killing me, not to mention the fact that my room was spinning around me.

Though I wasn't sure if that was just me hallucinating, or whether I actually caused the room to spin.

I lay on the ground, rolling side to side while I squeezed my head with my hands. I was aching from the pain, the discomfort my brain was feeling pulsated. The throbbing continued to increase, the unpleasantness was astounding. I felt more wounded than the time I was struck by lightening, and trust me, that was not fun.

It certainly didn't help that everyone was screaming at me, a variety of voices all at once.

But one, one voice particularly stood out to me.

"Camilo?"

It was a soothing tone, relaxation hitting me like a ton of bricks. The pain ceasing.

Then I realised it was solely because I had an arepa stuffed into my mouth.

I lay on the ground, patiently resting my body until the discomfort fully abated.

I sighed when my head was at peace again, energy refilling me like a bottle of water.

"Thanks," I gave my appreciation to whoever it was that stuffed healing food in my mouth. I didn't bother to actually find out, assuming it was Tía Julieta.

"Camilo, we were all so worried." My Papa ran over to me, crouching down to my level. I was sitting up in my position.

"Can you all just be quiet for a second? Please...?" I felt selfish for asking that, but I really needed a moment to calm down. Just one, slight moment. I couldn't get the loneliness I would prefer as everyone was in the room with me, but this was the closest I could currently receive.

"S-sorry hijo, yeah, we'll uh, leave you be," I watched as my family filed out the room, all of them silent.

"Wait!" I called out to my Mami just as she was closing the door.

"Yes amor?"

"Can you uh... get Sierra for me? I'd like to speak with her."

"Um, cariño..." she nervously stumbled on her words, before someone else spoke.

"Camilo, I'm right here," the sound of Sierra's voice rung through my skull, it hadn't been long but I missed it deeply. I looked next to me, spotting her. She was kneeling down behind me, a half eaten arepa in hand.

Oh, so the mysterious saviour was none other than Sierra Alcaraz.

She wore a guilt-ridden, apologetic expression.

I heard the door close, leaving me and Sierra now to each other's company. I stood up, brushing the crumbs off my blood-soaked button up.

Wait.

I froze in motion.

"...blood?" I started to hyperventilate, skimming my eyes across the room. Perhaps looking for my ruana? It's hard to tell when you're freaking out over a simple matter.

"Milo, calm down. Please."

"Y-yes." I tried to decelerate my breaths, squeezing her shoulder in the process. I dug my nails deep into her skin. I heard her let out a single, feeble whimper.

"Sor- *hiccup* sorry..." I yanked my hand away from her, before relocating my nails into the bed sheets.

I was leaning my face into the sheets, sitting on my knees. I could smell blood on the white sheets as well.

What happened to me?

My breaths fastened once more, swiftky keeping up with my hasty thoughts.

In my room.

Maria.

Kiss.

Furniture.

Book.

BOOK.

HEAD.

BLOOD.

Once I'd finally finished recalling the events, my head shot up, barely missing Sierra's face in the process. I'd only noticed it now, but her arms were wrapped around my waist, her head buried into my neck. She was hugging my from behind, holding me while I panicked.

I don't deserve her.

"Sia, I have so much to sa-"

"No. I should go first, you deserve an apology. That was extremely uncalled for, I didn't tell you how I felt, I made you think that I didn't trust you. I'm so sorry Camilo, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone before. Please tell me how ti make it up to you."

I was happy she apologised, but the feeling of guilt overtook it. I still needed to inform her what happened.

"Sia, something happened whil-"

"CAMI!" Maria busted through the door, running over to me. She elbowed Sierra out of the way, wrapping my in a hug.

"MARIA! Get off of me!" I screeched at her, shoving her away.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I couldn't have her anywhere near me, especially not with Sierra around.

"Huh..." she just, brushed it off? Like she wasn't surprised. Like she only expected it.

She pulled up a hand, whispering into Sierra's ear. Then she paraded out of the room.

Me and Sierra held an intense round of eye contact, her deep brown eyes expressed despair. Tears began to well up in them, she whispered, "why...?"