So Not Ready

(Next day because why not)

"HI VALERIE!"
Antonio's yelling certainly woke me up, I was wandering in the dining room for breakfast with dark circles under my eyes still.

The little boy ran up to me, plate in hand.
"Here you go!"
I giggled at the adorable kid, taking the plate from him.

"Thank you! Aren't you the sweetest." I said, kneeling down so I was face level with him. Jeez, his smile was so bright it was blinding...

I booped his nose before he giggled at me, then continuing to hug me.

I almost died, he was the most adorable, sweetest, blessed little person I have ever met.

Awww...

I heard Pepa giggle, Antonio eventually letting go while I stood back up to go dish up some food for myself.

(Skip to after breakfast hehehehe)

I was wandering aimlessly around town, Isa was basically putting on a show, so I couldn't help her with that.

If I tried helping Luisa I would probably just end up slowing her down, I was rather weak.

I didn't feel like talking to Camilo.

Mira was no where to be-

"VAL!" My attention was immediately directed to Mirabel screaming while running up to me.

"Uh, you good?" I was a little confused at the sight of her rushing, but then again, she was usually hurrying place to place all the time. So I brushed it off.

"So! I just wanted to have a little, girl to girl talk if you know what i mean," she said, smirking at the last part.

"What is this time Mira." I assumed it was something about crushes, that's usually what 'girl to girl talk' meant.

"So~... you and, *Ahem* my primo. Am I right?" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, in a suggestive manner.

"He has a date tonight, bet you didn't know that. I think her names Lucinda, blonde, pretty much glows, you'll know her when you see her. Go bother her about Camilo instead," I rolled my eyes at her. But she just laughed at me.

"Seriously? She's nice but she's TOTALLY not his type. I would know, I'm his prima after all..."

Hmm...

"Look, you've already asked me about this today, I gave you an honest answer. So GO AWAY."

"I, Uh, wasn't... satisfied. With your, answer." She almost seemed unsure when I told her that.

Aha.

"I know it's you Camilo, Mirabel hasn't even spoken to me today. Nice try though," after my words, Mirabel turned into a skinny teenage boy, with a grumpy expression.

"Ugh, you're too good at this." He groaned, then someone yelled out for him in the distance.

"Welp, duty calls!" He said before scurrying away.

I giggled at his attempt to trick me. Feeling proud that I'd caught him in the act. A smug look growing on my face.

I'm smarter than I look.

I think.

Sometimes?

I stood in the middle of a pathway, thinking about it. Before dropping the topic from my head when i realised I was in the way of the path. Not that there wasn't plenty of space around me, but still.

-Camilo's pov-

Damn it, she's smarter than she looks.

Well, she kind of has to be smart, if she's plotting to steal a very valuable and praised item. Namely the candle.

I tried not to think about it so much, instead I thought about tonight. I think this would be the third date I've ever been on, the first two were with a girl who moved away two years ago.

The more i thought about it, the more nervous I got. I hadn't actually thought much about it when I first agreed to it.

Jeez, this is terrifying.

I was scared, Lucinda was a lovely person, and I didn't want to hurt her too much.

It can't hurt to at least try and make this a good date...

I continued pondering about today while placing bricks on the higher part of a house. Construction was being done, and I had shapeshifted into a tall person to help get to the higher spots.

I figured this would take a while, at least I'd have something to do. Ya know, so I'm not freaking out, pacing back and forth in my room.

(Time skip)

I am totally freaking out, pacing back and forth in my room.

AGHHH, WHAT DO I WEAR.

WHAT DO I SAY.

DO I GET HER A GIFT?

MAYBE A FLOWER.

WHAT IF I PICK THE WRONG ONE AND SHE THINKS I'M IN LOVE WITH HER.

WHAT IF I I PICK THE WORNG ONE AND SHE THINKS I HATE HER.

"UGH!"

"Jeez, it's that stressful huh." Valerie was sitting on the edge of my bed, watching my run around in circles. I was rapidly shapeshifting, I couldn't help it. It happens when I'm really nervous, or shocked.

"YOU THINK!?" I didn't mean to yell, I would never yell at Valerie on purpose.

"Right, I'm sorry," she quickly replied, guilt in her voice.

Which made me feel guilty, so I attempted to save myself before she thought I was mean.

Who am I kidding, she probably already thinks I'm mean.

"No no, dont be sorry. I'm just really anxious..."

"Huh, I thought you've been on like, a gazillion dates?"

"NOPE. DEFINITELY NOT. I lied..."

"That's fine! Ya know, I'm a girl, so I think as any other girl would. I know exactly what she's feeling right now."

"Y-you do!?"

"Mhm, she's totally scared. Just like you. Either she's already planned an outfit, before asking you out. Or, she didn't expect you to say yes and is currently terrified because she doesn't know what to wear. It's a pretty simple thought process really." She shrugged, Val was right.

I was definitely overthinking this.

I mean, earlier that day I barely cared that much? So what makes me so scared now?

"Okay, okay then," I stopped moving, attempting to slow down my breath.
"I just need something to wear! I think I have a suit somewhere...?"

I said, before turning around to dig through my closet.

"HA! Here!" I'd proudly exclaimed.

"A suit? Are you taking her to dinner or something?"

I slammed my closest shut, a loud bang coming from the doors.

Ugh...

I really don't know anything about dates. I knew little about girls, majority of my household being filled by them.

"Look Milo, you're being too hard on yourself. No matter what you show up in I'm sure she won't care. Girls are too worried about how they look themselves to take too much notice in your appearance." Val reassured me, walking over to place a hand on my shoulder.

I am so not ready for this.