Chapter 108

'*Hold Me While You Wait - Lewis Capaldi*'

FRIDAY 24.01.2025

It had been 11 days since we arrived in this stupid hospital. Our babies were 9 days old today and were slowly gaining weight and strength. I really couldn't take it anymore, I just wanted to be able to see them. Tom offered to take pictures of them through the glass but I didn't want to. I wanted to see them in real life, I wanted to meet them. If things had gone well, I would have been at the end of my seventh month of pregnancy soon. The pains that appeared after my C-section were now gone. I felt physically well and had almost no pain. My husband was also fine, although his ribs and hand still hurt like hell at times.

He spent his days going back and forth between my room and NICU. Even though he had been allowed to go home long ago, he refused to leave that hospital. Our relatives took care of our pets so that my husband could stay by my side and our babies' side. Everyday, my in-laws and our friends came to visit us. We hadn't even told them the names of the twins yet because we didn't know if they would survive.

As for me, I spent most of my day writing my secret novel or reading other books. Every night, Tom would lie next to me in bed and read me one or more poems from the book he had given me for my 23rd birthday. His soft, husky voice would put me to sleep in a split second.

"I brought you a coffee," my lover remarked as he entered my room.

He quickly handed me the hot drink he had just bought before placing a small kiss on the top of my lips. I was tired of drinking the hospital coffee which was honestly not good at all so a good coffee from Starbucks was all I needed right now to relax. My big man sat on the edge of my bed, his eyes locked on mine.

"Thank you hubby," I thanked him as I drank a sip of the warm drink.

"Anytime darling. Did the doctor came yet?" he asked with a smile.

"Not yet no," I replied quickly.

Every morning, the main doctor who took care of me came to visit me. He would give me a thorough check-up before saying the same thing day after day: 'There are still a few days to go before you can move'. If I could move, it meant I could finally go see my babies. I was almost pain free, but it wasn't because of the pain that I wasn't allowed to leave my bed, it was because of the amount of blood I had lost while giving birth to our babies.

"Did you visit the babies yet?" I wondered as I reach forward to wrap my fingers in my husband's.

"No, I came straight to you. I'll go see them in a bit," he replied, squeezing my hand.

As much as I loved hearing about our babies from Tom, he knew it hurt me too when he told me about them when I hadn't seen them yet. He felt privileged to be able to spend time with Adam and Olivia even though he was on one side of a glass window and the babies were on the other side, still locked in their incubators.

At our first check-up with the gynecologist after our honeymoon in South Africa, we learned that I probably got pregnant between June 1 and 5, 2024, so shortly before our wedding. Since I had already had a lot of symptoms with my first pregnancy, it was totally possible that I started feeling nauseous after only one week of pregnancy.

My husband and I decided that our babies were created on June 5, 2024 because we had a long and unforgettable sex session. Olivia and Adam were born after only 7 months and 10 days of pregnancy. In any case, our babies were likely to be smaller than average since there were two of them growing in my belly.

"How are you feeling today Mrs.Hiddleston?" my doctor asked as he stepped into my room.

"I'm very well thank you," I replied with a big smile.