Chapter 89

'*Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You - Glenn Medeiros*'

TUESDAY 27.06.2023

We had spent most of the day walking the streets of London. We needed to spend some quality time together without pressure and tension. This day in the open air was just what I needed after the past few hectic months.

It was close to 10 pm when we finally got home after a very nice dinner in our favorite restaurant. Today, we had talked about everything and nothing, leaving us forgetting for a while about the baby that we couldn't conceive. It was weighing on my morale and it was also weighing on Tom's morale.

After taking a nice long shower alone, I had joined my lover who was preparing a nice cup of tea in the kitchen. He could have drunk tea for a whole day without getting enough. It was like me and coffee, I couldn't live without it.

Thor and Loki were wrapped around Tom's feet as he read the news on his phone. I slowly approached him and put an arm on either side of his stomach before pressing my head against his chest. Instinctively, he hugged me and dropped his phone on the counter of the kitchen.

"Are you alright darling?" he asked as he noticed how silent I was.

"I took another pregnancy test that came back negative. I just need a little reassurance," I answered honestly, squeezing him a little tighter.

"I'm sorry Ems. But we're going to get there, okay? We just have to keep hoping," he encouraged me as he pressed a small kiss to the top of my head.

"Yeah I know. I love you Tom," I spoke against his shirt.

"I love you too Emily," he informed me gently.

Since we decided to have a baby on May 09, I had already done about ten pregnancy tests. Of course, they were always negative and broke my heart a little bit when I read the test results. I really wanted to have a baby with him and I was tired of waiting. We hadn't even been trying for three months but it was already too much for me, I didn't know if I could stand receiving negative results for two years.

"Do you realize that we haven't even been together for two years - not counting our separation while I was in Canada because that doesn't count - and we're living together, engaged and trying to have a baby?" I suddenly realized, letting go of my lover's body.

"I realize that, yes. I feel like it's been at least ten years since our story began and at the same time I feel like I met you less than a week ago," he replied with a smile.

"Same. I always thought I would take it easy. That I wasn't going to want to get married for at least 5 years and no baby for 8-10 years. Everything is different with you. I want to have absolutely everything as soon as possible," I spoke as I sat on the kitchen counter.

"It's not because I'm old right? You're not rushing things because of my age?" he worried softly as he got between my legs.

"First of all, you're not old. And second of all, no. It's just that I want to have it all with you and I don't want to wait at all. You could have asked me to marry you in early 2022 and I would have said yes Tom," I informed him, smiling widely.

"Really? You would have said yes?" he asked for confirmation while giving me an accusing look.

"Definitely yes," I replied while taking a sip of his tea.

"And I thought you weren't ready when I proposed to you a few days ago," he laughed, giving me a quick kiss.

Tom finished his cup of tea before looking at me with bright eyes. Quickly, he pressed his body completely against mine and I wrapped my legs behind his buttocks. Both his hands went under my thighs as he lifted me off the counter and carried me in his arms. My fingers were tied behind his neck as he began to climb the stairs to the top floor.

Clinging to him as if my life depended on it, we entered our bedroom. My lover let my legs find the floor but did not let go of his embrace. After making a few moves, the song 'Nothing Gonna Change My Love for You - Glenn Medeiros' was playing on his phone. Face to face, chest to chest, hand in hand, we took small steps into the bedroom while keeping our eyes linked.

Nothing soothed me more than being so close to him and so intimate. His big ocean blue eyes were locked in mine as I listened intently to the music. Our hips danced gently, never letting our bodies separate.

"I know our relationship has evolved very quickly but I promise you that the two of us, it is forever Love", he promised me with confidence.

"Really?" I asked with a knot in my stomach.

"Look Ems, I promised you all this when I put that ring on your finger. And if I have to keep promising you that every day for the rest of my life, then I will. You are my everything Love, I really mean it. I can't find the words to tell you how much I love you because I don't think they exist but you are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with," he explained to me as his fingers stroke my cheeks.

All my life I had always doubted everything and anything. I knew we were engaged but I was always a little afraid that he would leave me one day or that he would find someone better than me. I was hurting myself for no reason at all because I trusted Tom and believed the words and promises he told me.

"It's forever Love," he repeated with a huge smile.

"It's forever," I said while nodding my head.

I stopped dancing so I could stand on my tiptoes and kiss my fiancé. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to express myself so I just kissed him like it was the only thing I knew how to do. Our tongues danced as well as I could feel him smiling against my mouth.

"Now, since you don't believe in 'happily ever after', I promise you a 'happily until death do us apart'. Is that okay for you?" he asked me worriedly.

"That's perfect Lovey. I um - When my mom passed away - I don't think I ever told you this but um - she wasn't really with my dad anymore. Despite their love, they had decided to take a little break to take care of themselves. And she didn't get her happily ever after and neither did my dad. They both deserved it but she died while they were apart he died alone. I guess that - I think I had a hard time accepting their deaths because of that. Because they didn't get their happy ending. So that's why I don't believe in it," I shrugged.

"That makes a lot of sense," he realized with a reassuring smile.

Without noticing it, we had resumed our dance to the melody of the music that echoed in the room. Tom was so understanding and reassuring and caring that it literally blew my mind. I was not an easy person because I was always doubting and every time he knew exactly what he had to say or do to make me feel confident again.

When the music ended, I stood on my tiptoes so I could kiss him again. We were still connected, not wanting to pull our loving bodies apart. It was a simple but passionate kiss, filled with meaning and love.

"We haven't had an easy relationship Love, we've already been through a lot together. But I will fight for you, I will fight for us every second of my life. No matter what lies ahead, no matter how hard the road ahead is, I'm staying forever. You are all I need princess. I'm going to spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to make you happy. And I honestly can't believe that you're going to be my wife, I'm the luckiest man in the world Emily. You are my everything," Tom spoke with a big smile without taking his eyes off mine.

Tears in my eyes, not knowing what to say, I pulled his face to mine to kiss him again and again. Those soft, thin lips crushed against mine before his tongue wrapped around mine. Unable to express what I was feeling at that moment, I put all my love for him into that kiss, wanting it to last forever, just like our relationship.