Chapter 32

'*Hurt For Me - SYML*'

MONDAY 27.12.2021

Through my slightly open eyes, I noticed that the room was bathed in small rays of sunlight. My head and neck really hurt, probably from the long hours I had spent crying the night before and last night. I was lying on my back, wearing Tom's big sweater.

I had woken up several times last night: the first time because I was cold, the second time because I was thirsty, and the third time to get dressed in Tom's sweater and try to get warm.

I slowly turned on my side, so I could look at Tom. He was also lying on his side and our eyes met for a brief moment. Thor and Loki were sleeping between us and Tom was petting them passionately. He continued to touch my purring cats and looked into my eyes.

The dark circles he had the day before were completely gone, his beautiful eyes were now bright and sparkling. His cheeks were still a little tight but his face was overall more relaxed than last night.

"Hi," he greeted me in an uncertain voice.

"Hi," I replied as I slipped my fingers into Loki's fur.

"Which one is which?" he asked, smiling slightly.

"The caramel one is Thor and the black one is Loki," I explained, avoiding his gaze.

After several minutes of silence, petting my cat, I looked at him again. His beautiful curly hair was slightly disheveled, his thin pink mouth was closed and his broad muscular shoulders were revealed by the sheet that rested at chest level.

God, I missed him. I missed his voice, his eyes, his mouth and his body. I felt good, close to him, even though we were going through one of the worst time in our relationship.

"Come on, I'll make you some tea," I ordered him as I stood up.

He quickly did the same and put on his black pants and big white sweater that he had worn the day before. He followed me closely, without speaking.

Thor and Loki were running between our legs, eager for food. I dropped some kibble into their bowls and they ate it quickly. I pulled up a bar chair for Tom to sit in.

"Thanks," he thanked me ungraciously.

I heated up some water and pulled out some English Breakfast tea bags I'd brought from London. With a quick motion, I took a "Caffè Latte" from the refrigerator and placed it on the bar before taking a seat across from Tom. His long hands wrapped around my coffee and a big, quick smile appeared on his face.

"Are these the coffees you told me about? The best Swiss invention?" he asked, looking at me.

I couldn't help but laugh, I had used the exact same words to describe this drink to him. I was craving a Caffè Latte when I was in London and had talked to Tom about it.

"Yes, it is," I replied with a small smile. "You can try it" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, that's really good," he said, taking a second sip.

For a few seconds, I had completely forgotten about the events of the day before. Tom was there, in front of me, and nothing mattered anymore. I loved him so much I could hardly believe it.

I lost myself in his eyes, burning with fear and uncertainty. I hadn't seen him in only a few days, but I had missed him more than anyone before. There he was, handsome as ever in my kitchen.

"Are you okay?" he worried as he noticed that I was extremely quiet.

Without answering, I stepped away from him and ran the hot water into a teapot before placing the tea bags in it. I quickly pulled two cups from a cupboard and slid them onto the bar.