Chapter 84

'*Hopeless Romatics - James TW*'

SUNDAY 25.06.2023

Tom drove with all the attention in the world while I sang at the top of my lungs right next to him, making him laugh continuously. I had a beautiful voice, a very beautiful voice, but I was just singing wildly. My fingers were wrapped around his that were lodged on my upper thigh.

I didn't know where we were going and didn't want to know. This was going to be our first date as a formally announced couple. We both knew that if we ran into fans or reporters, things could get ugly fast, but we tried not to think about it. We deserved a quiet evening together.

My man stopped the car in front of a restaurant where we had eaten earlier in our relationship. After I got my job at the Islington Pub & Diner, my boyfriend took me to this Italian restaurant to celebrate. Tonight, we were going to celebrate our relationship, our love and our formalization.

We entered the beautifully decorated restaurant hand in hand. A waiter took us to our table which was located in a quiet and peaceful place before giving us two menus. I already knew what I wanted to order since my last meal here had left a lasting impression on me.

For some time, I had not been drinking alcohol at all. We had been trying to get pregnant for many weeks but the results were not conclusive at the time. So I decided to stop drinking and smoking completely. Tom, being the perfect boyfriend that he was, had also quit in support of me.

After receiving our respective meals and drinks, we quickly began to eat and talk. As usual, the topics of conversation passed quickly one after the other as we both laughed without the slightest embarrassment while talking about certain moments of our relationship.

"Do you have any regrets? Regrets about our relationship?" I asked, taking another sip of water.

"I have several regrets yes. The first is at the beginning of our relationship when you explained to me how afraid you were of commitment and I ran out of your studio in the middle of the night. The second was when I got mad at you for wearing the shirt Taylor gave me. The third was when I kissed Taylor while you were on vacation in Switzerland. The fourth was when I agreed to break up with you while you were in Canada. And the fifth and last regret is the whole thing that happened after the BAFTA ceremony," he answered honestly, taking my hand in his.

"God knows I hated you for all of this awful moments. But I don't think you should regret it because, in a way, I think all this stuff just brought us closer. Maybe we wouldn't be where we are now if all this hadn't happened," I explained, smiling lovingly.

"You are really too good for me Emily," he laughed with all the love in the world.

"You are too good for me too Tom", I replied with a wink.

I meant what I said: if things had gone differently between us, we might not be so in love, we might not be trying to have a baby, we might not be officially a couple in front of the world. All these things had brought us closer together and made us realize how much we meant to each other.

We had spent a wonderful dinner together in one of the most beautiful restaurants in London. The time flew by so fast that I was having such a good time with my lover. I couldn't get enough of him, I always needed more.

Tom decided to leave his car outside the restaurant and walk to a beautiful place he knew. Soon, we were at the top of a hill in Primrose Hill Park, which gave us a beautiful view of the neighborhood where we had been living together for many months.

We lay down in the warm grass and watched the stars shining in the sky. I was so happy that it almost hurt. The smile that hadn't left my lips since we arrived at the restaurant was really starting to hurt the thin skin on my cheeks.