Chapter 2

'*Do I Wanna Know ? - Arctic Monkeys*'

FRIDAY 08.10.2021 + SATURDAY 09.10.2021

The 'Islington Pub & Diner' was filled with people singing, drinking and dancing until they couldn't take it anymore. I sat down at the bar and ordered a beer. The bartender gave me a big smile, his lips hidden under a thick fuzz of mustache. The strong, bitter taste of the beer made me grit my teeth as the bartender let out a light laugh.

I was watching a group of three girls swaying passionately on the dance floor. They seemed to be quite simple and very nice, exactly the kind of people I liked. One of the girls crossed her eyes with mine before giving me a small smile. Feeling that I was not yet drunk enough to go towards her, I turned around and took another sip of beer.

"Hey, is this your first time here?" a young brunette exclaimed behind me.

"Yes, I just arrived. This is my first night in London," I shouted back.

"My name is Beth. This is Anna and Jane," she exclaimed, pointing to her two friends.

"My name is Emily, it's nice to meet you all," I introduced myself with a slight wave.

Beth took my hand and led me towards the center of the pub, where everyone was dancing. We had introduced ourselves less than 10 seconds ago and yet, she was already wiggling her body on mine.

They were a lot of fun, we were dancing together in the middle of the pub, stuck together. In my short life, I had kissed as many men as women. I was labeled as "bisexual." I always hated that label. I was simply a young woman who wanted to try all types of relationships and wanted to enjoy her youth.

I had never been a very outgoing person, but when I drank too much, I became very comfortable with people and situations often escalated. Despite my strong resistance to alcohol, I never remembered sleeping with anyone. I always woke up the next morning with no memory and no attachment.

Although I felt something when I kissed men or women, I had never been really attracted to them. When I told my best friend about this, she said that maybe I was "pansexual." Maybe I was, I don't know, I didn't care.

Anna and Jane had left us to go to the bathroom, hand in hand. Beth ordered two new beers which we gulped down in a few minutes. I felt the second beer start to tap gently on my head. I had only eaten a little rice today, which I would probably regret when I woke up tomorrow morning with a hangover.

About forty minutes later and a fourth beer downed, Anna took me by the hand and quickly dragged me outside. She slipped a cigarette between my lips and immediately tried to light it. After several attempts, I burst out laughing when I noticed that her lighter was empty. She asked me to wait for her here and went into the pub.

It was really cold and the light afternoon wind had turned into huge gusts. I watched a couple sitting on a bench in the distance. They looked happy. The young man was hugging his girlfriend with all his might trying to warm her up. The laughter of the two young people was carried by the wind and echoed down the street. I, in turn, laughed for a brief moment as I leaned against the wall outside the bar.

"Do you need a lighter?" a masculine low, husky voice startled me.

A tall man stood next to me and stared at me. Illuminated by a street lamp, I could see the features of his thin, sunken face. He was dressed in a large black coat, which lengthened his already long legs.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he said with a smile.

He had a beautiful smile, the kind of contagious smile that makes everyone happy. A smile that went up to his ear, letting me see each of his beautiful white teeth.