Chapter 33

'*Medicine - Daughter*'

MONDAY 27.12.2021

We were sitting on the couch, my head resting against his chest. His long, slender fingers gently ran through my hair. I never wanted to leave him, I wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of my life.

From time to time, he would tenderly put his soft lips on my forehead. It was already 4 p.m., we had spent the whole morning like this, not talking a lot. My father came home from work around 5:15.

I didn't know what I was going to do with Tom. I wasn't going to send him back to London when he had just arrived in Switzerland. I wasn't going to lock him in my room so my dad wouldn't see him either.

"Tom?" I asked softly.

"Yes Love?" he replied, wrapping a strand of my hair around his index finger.

"What do we do now?" I questioned him as I briefly pulled back.

I sat cross-legged next to him, my knees pressed against his left thigh. I could see from his face that he was not yet totally reassured or happy. His big blue eyes looked at me with all the love and fear in the world.

"I have no idea," he exclaimed with a soft laugh.

"Where did you put your stuff?" I worried as I slipped my hand into his.

"I didn't take anything with me except my passport, wallet, phone and your book. I left on a whim," he replied, smiling briefly.

His eyes locked with mine passionately. He had really left London without much thought. He hadn't packed any clothes and he hadn't booked a hotel. He had come straight to my house, without really thinking about what was going to happen next.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"You don't have to apologize Love. It's my fault, not yours," he reassured me, kissing the back of my hand. "Maybe I can fly to London today if you want," he asked me reluctantly.

"No, you have to stay at least today. I don't want you to leave, not after what happened," I demanded and put briefly my lips to his.

"What about your dad? What do we do?" he replied with a laugh.

"I'm going to go call him, I'll be right back," I excused myself as I walked back up to my room.

Tom was still sitting on the couch, watching Thor and Loki who had joined him and were sleeping peacefully to his right. I knew that my man was very fond of cats even if he preferred dogs.

Hearing me come down the creaky wooden stairs, Tom straightened up and met his eyes with mine. I approached him gently before slumping to his left. I could almost hear his heart beating because he was so stressed.

"So?" he asked me with a small smile.

"You can stay tonight as long as we make dinner," I replied, relieved.

"What did you say to him?" he asked, putting his lips to my cheek.

"I told him that my phone wasn't working yesterday, since you hadn't heard from me, you came here to make sure I was okay," I explained.

That in itself was a half-lie. Tom had come here to make sure I was okay because he hadn't heard from me. I had simply lied about the state of my phone. I couldn't give my dad one more reason to hate Tom.

"And he wants me to have dinner with you?" he asked me for confirmation, his voice slightly tight.

"Exactly," I confirmed, shaking my head.

"Oh my God," he breathed, placing his hands on his forehead. "I'm screwed," he laughed and rubbed his temples.

Our laughter echoed rhythmically through the empty house, I was happy. Tom on the other hand was really screwed. I was going to have to control my father and try to lighten the mood as much as I could.