Chapter 91

'*Older - Alex Sasha Sloan*'

MONDAY 25.12.2023

It was Christmas. I had been engaged to Tom for six months and we had been trying to have a baby for eight months. Today we were going to celebrate at his parents' house and not going to Chris and Elsa's house early in the evening because the couple was on their honeymoon halfway around the world.

My third novel was being written and I regularly had my fiancé read the new chapters to get his opinion. Of course, he always told me that it was incredibly well written and that he was looking forward to reading the next chapter. He was always very encouraging and gave me constructive criticism when necessary.

"So?" he asked me as I walked back into the living room.

"Negative again," I replied as I sprawled out on the couch. "We fucked for 3 days when we didn't want a child and it worked but now that we want one, it's not working," I remarked a little dejectedly.

We had done everything we could to try to have this baby. We had tried new positions, we had eaten foods that were supposed to make it easier to get pregnant, we had tried everything. We had sex every day like we used to do but nothing seemed to work.

"Why can't I get pregnant?" I asked Tom a little annoyed, as if he had all the answers in the world.

"I don't know, princess. We just have to keep trying," he replied, kissing the top of my forehead.

The stressed out, control freak young woman that I was couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I wasn't pregnant yet. I was a little pissed at Tom and myself, even though we weren't doing anything wrong. My vagina was really torn up from the many times we had sex, but the pleasure was still there. Each time, we both reached orgasm with satisfaction and love.

I had gone to see the gynecologist, the same one who had helped us when we wanted to terminate my first pregnancy, to make sure that my current state of health would allow me to get pregnant. And, according to her, everything was fine and I had every chance in the world of carrying a child very quickly.

"Maybe you're just putting too much pressure on yourself," my man remarked, stroking my hair.

"Excuse me? You think I'm the problem?" I expressed as I pulled back from his embrace so I could offer him a raging look and frown.

"That's not what I meant Love. I just mean that maybe we just need to calm down a bit and not control everything. Get back to a sex life that isn't calculated," he explained to me in a soft voice.

"Or maybe it's your sperm not working. Is there an age when men become too old to procreate?" I asked him seriously.

"Oh please, my sperm is absolutely perfect," he complimented himself with a small satisfied smile. "So don't you dare criticize it again," he added, pressing his body against mine.

Tom knew I had a tendency to become bitter when I didn't get what I wanted, and, not wanting to get mad at me, he made fun of it before covering me with a kiss, making me giggle in turn. Lying on my back against the sofa, I let my man tickle my neck and shoulders with his lips. My hands pressed against his shoulder blades, I hooked my legs around his waist to bring his body down against mine.

"Maybe you're right. I've been on edge lately, maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself. But it's just - I really want to have a baby," I finally admitted as his eyes locked with mine.

"I want to have a baby too Love, but I also want us to be able to enjoy ourselves while we're trying to create this child," he nodded as he straightened up with his long, muscular arms.