Chapter 29

'*Broken - Isak Danielson*'

THURSDAY 23.12.2021

On this winter morning, a thick snow fell from the sky and covered the ground of the city. Dressed in Tom's thick sweater, I sipped my hot tea as I watched the flakes fall. I felt very cozy and relaxed.

"I love this time of year," I smiled as I looked at Tom reading my book. "Tom?" I called out with a laugh.

"Yes?" he asked as he took his eyes off the book.

"Do you like my book?" I laughed and went to sit next to him.

"I love your book. You write so well," he complimented me and placed his soft lips on my cheek.

In late November, at Tom's request, I sent my book to a Swiss publicist. Two days later, he called me to tell me how much he liked my book and that he would be happy to publish it. At first, I had sent my book just to please Tom, I never thought anyone would want to publish it. The story was interesting, the plot compelling and the ending unpredictable, but I was not a writer. I was doing this as a hobby, not a job.

After several Skype meetings, we decided to publish my book on Wednesday, January 12 2022. It had already been translated into English at Tom's request and we received the first copy yesterday afternoon. Tom had started reading it immediately and only had a few chapters left.

"What time should we leave for the airport?" I asked him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"At 11:15 if my calculations are correct," he replied, slipping a hand into mine. "I can't believe it's almost Christmas, the time has gone by so fast," he observed, squeezing my fingers.

"I know. I'm going to miss you terribly," I remarked as I kissed his shoulder.

I was living almost entirely at his house, I hadn't been back to my studio in over two weeks. Our relationship was progressing very quickly, but I felt so comfortable with him that I wanted to spend every second of my free time in his arms.

Our schedules hadn't changed at all since November, we were still spending our Friday nights apart. It was the only day of the week I wasn't with him and it was hard enough, I couldn't wait to get home at night to find him.

Despite all this, we still weren't officially together. I wasn't his girlfriend and he wasn't my boyfriend. Our relationship was very platonic but I didn't want to put a label on it. We were together without being a couple. We loved each other without being a couple.

I knew for a fact that Tom was not going to be okay with our semi-relationship for much longer, and I also knew that spending time away from him would allow me to reflect and make a sound decision.

I loved him, I wanted to be with him. I just had to find the courage to tell him and, most importantly, to tell my father. I was totally dependent on Tom and he was equally dependent on me.

"Well, I'm going to go pack," I informed him as I stood up.

"Wait," he stopped me by placing his large hands on my hips. I leaned against him and placed my soft lips on his. "These next two weeks are going to be very long," he said with a smile.

Tom had finally followed me into the bedroom and watched me fill my small suitcase. I didn't need to take much with me, I still had so many clothes at my dad's house. Tom was sitting on his bed with his hands crossed behind his head.

"Do you want to have sex one more time this year?" he asked me in a sensual voice.

"Tom, my legs are still shaking from this morning and my knees are very weak. I am unable to have sex with you again," I replied with a laugh.