Chapter 82

'*Now - Landon Austin*'

SATURDAY 24.06.2023

After the interviews and photos, we had moved to a restaurant where Tom had reserved a table for all the actors. The four colleagues of my man had already returned to the hotel but Ava had stayed with us to continue the evening.

In front of the restaurant, most of the group entered to take their seats while my man, Ben, Leo, Shaina and I stayed outside to have a cigarette. I wasn't sure if it was weirder that I was hanging out with these students or that I was dating their teacher.

We were silent for a little while as I watched Ben hug his girlfriend Shaina. Leo, on the other hand, was sending countless messages on his phone. Tom looked at me with a small, satisfied smile, happy to have confirmed to the world that we were together.

"Tom? Can I talk to you privately?" asked Ben, letting go of his girlfriend Shaina.

"Yes sure," he replied, moving slightly away from us so they could talk.

Shaina was a young woman of mixed race with long, wispy hair, and she was very beautiful. Her body was quite pronounced, accentuating the presence she gave off. Leo was a young white man with long black hair pulled back into a bun, giving him an air of bad-boy while he spoke like a real softy.

"So, how are you guys feeling?" I questioned them with a smile.

"Really fine but absolutely tired," Leo informed me with a small smile.

"Oh yeah I'm so tired right now," Shaina confirmed with determination.

They had delivered an absolutely sublime performance, giving their body and soul in the characters they played. Shaina had the lead role of the policewoman who investigates the murder with a little help from one of her colleagues, who was played by Leo. All in all, the whole group seemed to stick together and get along just fine.

Ben and Tom had come back to us, my man placing his hand on the small of my back. The three young people had left us after finishing their cigarettes while I stood still, hoping to have a little moment with my lover.

"Is everything okay with Ben?" I asked, turning my body against his.

"Yeah, he just wanted to apologize for the things he said to me after the Taylor scandal," he replied, giving me a nice smile.

"Oh well, that's nice," I remarked, smiling back.

I quickly stood on my tiptoes and placed a soft but passionate kiss on my man's lips. His arms instinctively wrapped around my hips and his hands rested on my lower back. I couldn't go more than a few minutes without touching or kissing him.

"You don't regret our announcement, do you?" he worried, frowning.

"Definitely not. Do you?" I asked with equal concern.

"Absolutely not. You're my girl Ems and I love you more than anything in the world," he replied confidently.

"I love you too Lovey," I returned, kissing him again.

I was in a state of total euphoria, I must be the happiest woman on this planet. I knew that tomorrow many articles would come out criticizing our age difference, but for the moment we were really happy.

I was a little apprehensive about Tom's reaction and behavior when we will read tomorrow's papers, hoping that he really didn't have any regrets. After all, it was the reason he had broken up with me in April, and suddenly he was promising me that he didn't have a problem with it anymore.

We had finally entered the restaurant to take our seats towards the rest of the group. I was placed between Tom and Ben, Ava was across from me. The kids had already ordered a general round of beer as an appetizer, announcing that this was going to be an eventful evening.