68

Liliah was walking to Great Hall for breakfast one morning.
" Liliah!" Someone called.
Liliah turned around and smiled.
" Hey Amelia." Liliah said.
" Hi. So I was wondering only if you want to of course. Do you want to sit with me at Breakfast?" Amelia asked rocking back and forth on her heels.
" Sure. But I think we better sit at the Gryffindor table. I'm not very popular with the Slytherins." Liliah joked.

" Hey me neither." Amelia smiled and walked besides Liliah.
" Look at how much we have in common." Liliah said.
" I like your boots." Amelia complimented.
Liliah looked down at her almost thigh high boots that no one besides her likes.
" You better be careful. Your slowly turning into my favorite person." Liliah teased.
Amelia blushed a little and smiled.

They walked into the great hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. Liliah started piling food on her plate. Amelia went to grab a chocolate muffin but retracted and grabbed an apple. Liliah noticed.
" Do you want the muffin?" Liliah asked.
" Oh well ummm....my mom says I shouldn't eat anything sweet because I don't have a fast metabolism so I'll get fat." Amelia explained.
Liliah frowned and grabbed the muffin.

" I usually go for a run during my free period. So why don't you join me and you can still have your muffin." Liliah held the muffin out to her.
" Really?" Amelia asked.
Liliah nodded and handed her the muffin. Amelia smiled and and unwrapped the paper from the muffin. She took a bite and sighed happily. Liliah smiled and shook her head.

Liliah turned back to her breakfast and started eating. The Great Hall started slowly filling up and everyone did a double take and the unusual couple at the Gryffindor table. However the two girls just talked and ignored the stares.

" And my favorite magical creature is a niffler, or a bowtruckle or no no a mooncalf." Amelia told her.
" What's a mooncalf?" Liliah asked.
" It's the cutest thing ever. They only come out at night for the moonlight. And they preform complicated dances that leave patterns in fields. They have these huge blue eyes. Beautiful." Amelia explained.
" I would like to see one of these mooncalf's one day." Liliah said.
" Maybe I could show you one day. They roam around about five minutes from my house." Amelia smiled.
" Sounds fun. I'm looking forward to it." Liliah nodded and put a spoon full of oatmeal in her mouth.

" Good morning my sunflower." Fred kissed Liliah's cheek.
Liliah turned her head to him and gave him a closed mouth smile. Fred sat down on her other side not noticing Amelia.
" I didn't even hear you leave this morning." Fred told her.
" That was the point. I didn't want to wake you up." Liliah wiped her mouth with a napkin.
" I wouldn't have minded." Fred put food on his plate.
" That's a lie. You hate getting up early." Liliah said.
" Yeah your right." Fred took a bite of eggs.

" Fred this is my new friend, Amelia. Amelia this is my boyfriend Fred." Liliah introduced the two.
Fred looked past Liliah and too the timid girl next to her. He immediately took notice of her green and sliver robes. Amelia smiled and gave him a small wave.
" Hi, nice to meet you." Fred said.
" You too." Amelia gave him a nod.

" Anyways you were telling me about your favorite magical creatures." Liliah turned back to Amelia.
She started talking again. Fred wrapped his arms around Liliah and placed his head on her shoulder. Liliah brought her hand up and gave him a little scratch on the head still listening to Amelia. George, Hermione, Ron and Ginny walked in and took their usual seats. They all looked at Amelia and Liliah then to Fred.

" Mia! You have a letter from Mom!" Theodore called from the Slytherin table.
" Okay I'll get it in a second." Amelia called back.
" Noooo come get it now." Theodore whined.
" Hmph fine. Little brothers." Amelia told Liliah as she stood up.
" Don't I know it." Liliah chuckled.

" I had fun. See you in potions?" Amelia picked up her bag.
" Absolutely. Bye Amelia." Liliah smiled.
" Bye Liliah." She waved and walked to the Slytherin table.

Liliah turned forward to her friends. They all gave her a questioning look.
" What?" Liliah asked.
Suddenly Harry rushed in and grabbed Liliah's arm. Liliah looked up at him.
" McGonagall, Umbridge hall now." Harry said through breathes.
Liliah stood up and dragged Harry with her.

McGonagall and Umbridge were arguing on the steps.
" So silly of me. But it sounds like your questioning my attorney in my own classroom. Minerva." Umbridge took a step up.
" Not at all Dolores. Merely your medieval methods." McGonagall took a step up.
" I'm sorry dear but to question my methods is to question the ministry. And by extension the minister himself. I am a reasonable woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge told her.
" Disloyalty?" McGonagall took a step down.

" Things at Hogwarts are far worse then I feared. Fudge will want to make immediate changes." Umbridge announced.

¥¥¥

Above the great hall the next day a sign was hung. It read Dolores Jane Umbridge is the new high inquisitor at Hogwarts school or Witchcraft and Wizardary.

Throughout the weeks she made new rules. She investigated every teacher and watched them teach. And one day.....

Everyone gathered around the courtyard. Professor Trelawney had her bags and was crying.

" What's going on?" Harry asked Liliah.
" Umbridge just sacked Trenlawney." Liliah told him.

" You can't do this. I've been working here for sixteen years. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this." Trenlwney cried.
" Actually I can." Umbridge gave her a fake sad smile.
McGonagall walked over to them and hugged Sybill.
" Something you like to say dear?" Umbridge asked.
" Oh there are plenty things I would like to say." McGonagall told her.

Dumbledore walked out.
" I feel bad for her." Liliah said.
" Yeah me too. One time she told me I'd die by falling down a well. I've never gone near one again. And look I'm still alive." Amelia told her.
Liliah furrowed her eyebrows but smiled when Amelia looked at her.

" Professor McGonagall may I ask you to escort Siball inside." Dumbledore said.
McGonagall and Trenlweny started walking back to the castle. Siball thanked Dumbledore greatly.
" Dumbledore may I remind you under Education degree number 23 by the minister"Umbridge started.
" You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You however do not have the power to banish them from the ground. That power still stands with the Headmaster." Dumbledore told her.
" For now." Umbridge added.

Everyone stayed put and quite.
" Don't you all have studying to do?" Dumbledore yelled.
" Oh fuck come on." Liliah grabbed Harry's and Amelia's sleeves.
" I need to talk to Dumbledore." Harry told her.
" Oh okay. Come on Mia." Liliah released his sleeve and pulled Amelia away.
Amelia gladly let Liliah pull her through the crowd.