33

After Christmas break the months of Liliah's fifth year seemed to all blend together in a fast haze. Her and Cedric laid under a tree near the Black Lake. Cedric laid his head on her lap as he fiddled with strands of grass he pulled from the earth. Liliah held her book in one hand and played with Cedric's hair with the other.

With only two months left of school the two teens were enjoying their last days together before summer break.

Fred hurriedly walked behind Harry, Ron and Hermione with George next to him. They were trying to find Liliah. Harry clenched the daily prophet in his hand. Fred spotted wavy messy brown hair and immediately recognized it.
" Over here." Fred told them and rushed over to the tree.

Liliah looked up from her book when a shadow casted over her.
" What do you want?" Liliah asked.
Ever since Christmas Fred has distance himself majorly from her. Which confused the hell out of her.Ultimately brining her to the conclusion that he in fact didn't actually like her. She was just his hobby.

However this was not the case to Fred. He had gotten so close to kissing her, but he didn't want to pressure her. After what happen with Pucey, Fred promised to her that nothing like that would ever happen again. Even if he had to stop himself.

Fred winced at her harsh tone. Cedric sat up and glared at the redhead. He had really thought Fred loved his best friend, but the way he was treating her made it evident he didn't. Liliah had told Cedric about their almost kiss and she thought she could really develop feelings for him. But nope, not anymore.

Harry broke the awkward tension unintentionally. He sat in between Liliah and Cedric. George, Ron and Hermione all stood next to Fred in front of them. Harry un crumpled the newspaper and held it out. Liliah reached into her robes pocket and pulled out her glasses. She put them on and lend closer to her brother to read the front page article. She quickly scanned the words on the page.

" God dammit." Liliah cursed under her breath.
Cedric lend closer to Harry almost cheek to cheek. Harry's breath got caught in his throat and he glanced his eyes over. Blushing at the closeness. Cedric looked past Harry to his best friend. He noticed the look of panic and frustration.

Peter Pettgriw had been sighted. He was in Hogsmeade. Not too far from Hogwarts.

Cedric stood up and walked over to Liliah. He bent down next to her and rubbed her back. Liliah looked up at him and gave him a grateful smile. Her dad always rubbed her back when she was upset and it always calmed her down. Liliah looked at her brother.

" No more Hogsmeade." Liliah told him sternly.
" What? Li come on." Harry whined.
" No. Harry, the person who tried murdering our parents and you is in Hogsmeade. His obviously here for you." Liliah stood up.
" I can handle myself Liliah." Harry stood up as well.
" Harry your thirteen! You can't go head to head with a trained, much older, much bigger, psycho, deatheater!" Liliah told him.
" But a fifteen year old can go against Hydra agents and murder robots?" Harry retorted.

" Harry, I'm trained. I've been trained by the Avengers since I could walk it's different." Liliah said.
" No it's not. You were protecting the Muggle world. I'm protecting the Wizarding world." Harry crossed his arms over his chest.
" Your not protecting anyone! Your going to get yourself killed. I only fight when it essential, I don't just go and try to make problems where I shouldn't be." Liliah told him.
" You can't tell me what to do. Your not my mom." Harry shouted.
" No, I'm your big sister. That still counts." Liliah said.
" No it doesn't. Your not even my real sister. A year of being my sister doesn't mean you can order me around. Your not apart of the family!" Harry spat.

Everyone gasped. Liliah tightened her jaw.
" Fine. Say what ever you want to me. But I'm right, and if you won't take orders from me, you will from McGonagall. Because I promise you she will say the same thing I did." Liliah grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder.
She didn't waste another second and walked back towards the castle. Liliah felt tears start to burn in the back of her eyes from Harry's words. She sat down in an abandoned corridor and wrapped her arms around her knees.

She felt a pair of familiar arms wrapped around her.
" He didn't mean it. He was just upset." Cedric told her.
" I know. But I'm still worried he's right." Liliah let herself cry into her knees.
" Liliah Peggy look at me." Cedric grabbed her jaw.
He turned her to look at him.
" Your parents love you. Your dad loves you. You have family no matter you go. No matter what happens with your family either one you will always have family. Because you will always have me, your my sister, my best friend and platonic soulmate all in one." Cedric told her.

" I love you Ced." Liliah buried her head into his neck.
" I love you too Lils." Cedric hugged her.

¥¥¥

Liliah sat on the couch in the common room trying to finish her book. She felt the cushion next to her dip down.
" Are you mad at me?" Harry asked.
Liliah sat down her book on the coffee table i front of them. She turned to her brother.
" No. I know your scared." Liliah told him.
" Like really scared. He tried killing us once and almost succeeded." Harry looked down.

" I'm just trying to protect you ya know. Sometimes it's hard to separate myself from my dad. Sometimes I think I'm Captain America." Liliah chuckled.
" Your as good as." Harry laughed.
" Were going to get through this, together. All of us and we're all going to be okay." Liliah wrap her arm around him.
" Promise." Harry looked up at her.
" Promise." Liliah nodded.

Harry put his head on her shoulder. Liliah bit her lip. The scariest thing about this was she couldn't promise they all be safe. She knew how this stuff worked, and there was no guarantees. But nothing was going to stop her from trying.