15

Authors note: Here's a picture of the necklace Liliah always wears.

" All our work is gone." Bruce sighed.
Liliah sat on one of the counters still in her dress but wearing a yellow sweatshirt with a sunflower on it, ironically. And she wore her glasses.
" Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as a escape hatch." Bruce told them.
" Ultron." Steve shook his head.
" His been in everything. Files, surveillance. He probably knows more about us then we do each other." Nat checked the computer.
" Hogwarts." Liliah played with her necklace.
They all looked at her then at each other.

" His in your files. Your Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Steve asked.
" Nuclear codes." Hill spoke up.
" Look we need to make some calls. Assuming we still can." Rhodey told them.
" Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat folded her arms across her chest.
Liliah wrapped her arms around her self.
" He didn't say dead he said extinct." Steve lend on the table.
" Your right. That's much better." Liliah rolled her eyes.
He gave her an apologetic smile before walking over and hugging her into his side.

" He also said he killed some one." Clint spoke.
" There wasn't any one else in the building." Maria looked up.
" Yes there was." Tony walked to a clearing in the room and pulled up an image.
" What? This is insane." Bruce looked at Jarvis.
" Jarvis was the first line of defense. He could of shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve said.
" No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage." Bruce explained.

Thor walked in wearing his full armor. He walked straight to Tony and grabbed him by the neck.
" Whoa whoa whoa." Steve started making there way to them.
" Thor!" Liliah stood.
" Its going around." Clint commented.
" Come on, use your words buddy." Tony grabbed into Thor's hand.
" I have more then enough words to describe you Stark." Thor tighten his grip.
" Thor. The Legionnaire." Steve told him.

Thor dropped Tony.
" Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it again. " Thor reported.
" Genie out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat said.
" I don't understand. It's your program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Doctor Cho asked.
Tony started chuckling. Bruce looked at him and shook his head.
" Oh no. Now we've done it. We driven him mad." Liliah looked at everyone.
" You think this is funny?" Thor asked.

" No. this is probably bad right. This is terrible. Is it so...it is, it's so terrible." Tony laughed.
" This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you didn't understand." Thor pointed at him.
" No I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot. That you don't understand why we need this." Tony walked up to Thor.
" Tony, maybe this might not be the right time." Bruce started.
" Really? Just roll over and show your belly anytime someone snarls?" Tony looked at him.
" Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce rebuttal.

" We didn't. We were close. Weren't we close to creating a interface?" Tony asked.
" Well you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers we're supposed to be different from S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve said.
" Anybody remember when I flew a nuke through a worm hole?" Tony changed the subject.
" Nope never came up." Rhodey shrugged.
" Saved New York?" Tony asked.
" Never heard of that." Rhodey said.
" Recall that?" Tony asked.

" We're Avengers. We can bust arm dealers all the live long day. But that up there that's the endgame. How do you plan on beating that?" Tony asked.
" Together." Steve didn't hesitate.
" All of us." Liliah added.
" We'll lose." Tony said.
" Then will do that together too." Steve looked at him.
" Thor's right. Ultron calling us out. And I'd like to find him before his ready for us. The worlds a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Steve told them.

Everyone started to leave the tower.
" Liliah-" Steve started.
" No. I will not call Cedric, or Lily and James. I stay here. You said it, we fight together." Liliah stood her ground.
Steve opened her mouth to protest but was interrupted by Nat.
" She's right. Plus, no matter where she goes Ultron will go after her. He wants to extinct all of us and Liliah is one of us. He will find her. And when he does you'll be kicking yourself because you weren't there to protect her." Nat explained.
Steve sighed.
" Fine you can stay. But you stay with me or Nat or someone the whole time. Understand me?" Steve told her.
" Yes. Thank you." Liliah smiled and gave him a hug.

¥¥¥

Liliah finished tying her white shoes and looked at her outfit in the mirror.
(outfit attached above)
She had stayed at the tower last night, too late to make the trip back to Brooklyn.
" Li can I come in?" Nat knocked on the door.
" Yes come in." Liliah grabbed her necklace and started putting it on.
" Team meeting in five minutes. In the lab." Nat told her.
" Thanks Nat be right there. Damn it." Liliah said as she failed to clip the back of the necklace.
" Here let me help." Nat started walking over to her.

Liliah pushed all her hair to the front so Nat could see the clip. Nat grabbed the two ends of the necklace and easily clipped them together.
" Thanks Natty." Liliah looked over her shoulder.
" No problem Li. I bet it will be nice to spend some time with your mom. You know so she can help you with all this kinda stuff." Nat told her.
" Yeah. But you know I still get help with kinda stuff here too." Liliah turned to face her.
" Really? Who helps you with this stuff?" Nat smirked.
" Just my amazing red head godmother." Liliah shrugged.

Nat smiled and pulled her into a hug,
" Thank you for teaching me how a good mother daughter relationship is. I would be totally lost on how to talk and bond with Lily without you." Liliah hugged back.
" Anytime kid. And thank you for letting me know what its like to have a kid." Nat rubbed her back.
" Well come on. We have a team meeting to get too." Liliah pulled away.
" Aye aye Captain Rogers." Nat teased.
Liliah chuckled.

They made there way into the lab.
" What's this?" Tony asked.
" A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve handed Tony an iPad.
Liliah sat next to Nat and averted her eyes from the screen.
" And he did a Banksy job at the crime scene just for us." Tony said.
" This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you just made a speech?" Natasha asked.
" Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve told them.

" Yeah I bet he-yep. He erased everything we have on Strucker." Nat cheeked the computer.
" Not everything. Don't we have hard files?" Liliah asked.
Everyone turned to her.
" Why didn't we induct her into the group sooner?" Clint asked no one in particular.

¥¥¥

They all started looking through boxes and boxes of old papers and files.
" Wait I know that guy. From back in the day, he works off the African cost. Black market arms." Tony said.
Steve looked at him with a disapproving look.
" They have conventions. You meet people. I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game changer. It was very Ahab." Tony explained.
" This?" Thor pointed to the picture.
" Tattoo, I don't think he had it." Tony shrugged.

" No this is a tattoo. This is a brand." Thor pointed out.
" Oh yeah. It's a word in African dialect meaning thief. In a much less friendly way" Bruce looked it up.
" How fitting." Liliah folded her arms across her chest.
" What dialect?" Steve asked.
" Wakanada." Bruce tried.
" Wakanda. It's a small, poor country in Africa." Liliah told them.
They again looked at her.
" What? Don't y'all read? Or watch the news?" Liliah asked them.

" If this guy got out of Wakanda with trade goods." Tony started.
" I though your father got the last of it?" Steve said.
" I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce stood up and walked over to them.
" The strongest metal on earth." Tony looked over at Steve's shield.
" Where is this guy now?" Steve asked.