The Backstage Pass (Camren)

By luxurylolo

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemmingway More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Sequel?
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 39

69K 1.4K 6.1K
By luxurylolo

Lauren's POV

I quietly slipped out of Camila's room and managed to quietly close the door as I heard Ally's footsteps approach up the stairs. I quickly had to make up my mind to whether or not I felt like strangling the older Latina for interrupting me and my girlfriend or if I should let her live.

"Where have you guys run off to? The movie ended and all I saw was black when I woke up." She giggled quietly, and I refrained from rolling my eyes at her obliviousness.

"We were just about to come back down Al." I speak quietly in the slightly darkened hallway as she finally reached the peak of the stairs.

She finally took in my appearance, scrunching her eyes up a bit to let them adjust to new shift in light. She then met my eyes with a bit of a bewildered expression and blushed a bit.

"Oh. I see." She spoke as she coughed uncomfortably, only making me stifle a laugh at her clear discomfort.

"Mm, yeah." I wink teasingly, knowing that wouldn't ease her nerves right now and she stood there fidgeting slightly. I bumped her shoulder slightly and shook my head. "I mean come on, did you think we went to take a nap upstairs or what?" I laugh.

"Well no, but I got scared down there alone..." She shrugs, looking to the ground. "The dark can be a very terrible place Lo."

I shake my head, amused.

"You weren't alone ya know? Mani and Dinah are still down there." I point.

"Well yeah but they looked so peaceful all sleepy and cuddly on the floor, I didn't wanna wake them."

"So you come up here to disrupt us in the middle of...well, you know..." I trail off, just as Camila comes out of her room, looking far more disheveled than myself.

I eye her up and down and smirk once my eyes land on the hickey I gave her along her collarbone. She'll just have to make sure not to wear low cut tops for the next few days. Ally looks up and almost laughs at Camila's appearance before stepping down one step.

"Maybe you two should continue your little," she wiggles her fingers around. "...thingy. I can feel Camila's glare from over here." She chuckles.

"Oh don't worry...I made sure she finished alright." I smirk, receiving a revolted sound from her as she starts to walk back downstairs, I and Camila on behind her.

We all made it back into the living room, Camila tripping twice down the stairs and once more as we entered the living room.

"Gosh turn on the damn light somebody." She complains.

Ally flips the switch turning on the lights to the living room. There before our eyes was Normani straddling Dinah, the both of them in a full blown make out session on the floor by the TV. Dinah's hands were laced in Normani's hair, pulling her incredibly close to her as Mani's hips were softly rolling into Dinah's with fervor as she attacks the younger one's lips with her own.

"Oh my God!" Ally shrieks, covering her eyes.

"Holy..." Camila's jaw drops.

"That is so...hot." I raise my eyebrows in amusement, receiving a slap to the back of the head by my girlfriend. "Ow..."

I look back to the two girls on the floor who had now stopped, Dinah looking rather horrified, and Normani who was still planted on Dinah's thighs, still straddling them, and wiping her thumb across her bottom lip, smirking proudly.

-

I could feel the thickened air around us as we all sat in Camila's living room. Here we were, the five of us, awkwardly situated on the couches in dead silence. Ally had reclaimed her spot in the recliner. Camila and I sat on one end of the big couch, with Dinah and Normani at the other end, not pressed against each other, but close enough. Now that they had detangled their limbs you could see their worn appearance. Both of their hair was a mess, clothing slightly askew. Their lips were swollen and you could clearly see the dark purple hickey on Dinah's collarbone from a mile away. They were both looking all over the place and nowhere at once, fidgeting like two kids who were about to be grounded by their parents.

Nobody knew how to start this conversation. Honestly, I don't think anybody wanted to. Ally looked perplexed and haunted, rocking slowly back and forth in the recliner with her hand still up to her mouth, propping on her arm and still clearly in deep thought. Camila's mouth was still slightly agape, she went back and forth between staring at me, and then back at our two friends at the end of the couch, and I...well I couldn't be anymore proud of my best friends for some reason, so I smirked and broke the silence.

"So I'm just gonna say it again, that was so hot guys." I admit, still astonished but highly amused. Camila however snapped out of her trance to smack the back of my head again.

"You...shut it." She points a stern finger at me.

I just shrug, rubbing the back of my head. "Well no one else was saying anything..." I mumble.

She just ignores me and blows out an exasperated breath, pulling a hand up to her forehead and turning in the opposite direction to address the two silent people at the other end of the couch.

"How did this even-Dinah you're not even, I can't. Holy..." She tried formulating words but they continued to become jumbled and that's when the tiny Latina on the adjacent recliner spoke up.

"I think what Camila is trying to say is...when the heck did this happen?"

They both did a simultaneous shrug and looked at each other, only causing the three of us to glare at them.

"I mean we all exchanged number when we met at that meet and greet..." Normani starts.

"And we just started texting after that..." Dinah sheepishly smiles.

"I was always wondering why you were so glued to that damn phone." Camila muttered under her breath, making her best friend duck her head down shyly.

"It was all platonic at first I swear!" Normani butts in.

"Yeah!" Dinah shoots her head up. "...and then when we all met up at the VMAs, we were still just like super duper good friends...and then later that night when we all went out for dinner, remember?" We all nod, not seeing where this was going. "We were cooing over how cute you two were at the table, and when you kissed it was so adorable." She smiled lightly.

"And let's not forget, you guys had your first kiss right in front of us, that caused is internal damage." Normani adds in quickly.

I could see Camila arch an eyebrow beside me, obviously not believing for one moment that her best friend would call our relationship adorable right in front of us. And I the same with Normani. I mean of course they thought it was cute, Dinah was the one that wanted us together from the beginning. And Mani had her fair share of teasing me and telling me to 'step my game up' when I was pursuing Camila in the beginning but they usually wouldn't dare express their infatuation with out relationship aloud.

"And then when we got back to the room Dinah told me that she had never kissed a girl..." Normani continues.

"And Mani told me she hadn't either...and we were still so amped up from watching you two that we just...kissed." She shrugged.

"So you're basically saying that me and Camz turned you guys on?" I ask smugly. "Sweet." I chuckle, receiving a glare from my girlfriend before she returns her attention to the two.

"And then night of the VMAs when you won we were ecstatic for you, but then you and Camila got into that fight and we were sad that you two wouldn't be having your sexy time." Normani giggles.

"So we had the make up sex for you...you're welcome." Dinah shrugs nonchalantly.

"Alright! Good looking out D-mac." I smile proudly, reaching to give Dinah a high five, which she smugly reciprocated. "Except, we did have the make up sex." I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

"Woah wait!" Ally pipes up. "So that's what that was! Ew!" She turns her face up in disgust, shielding her eyes with both hands. "Dinah you said you guys were watching the animal channel..." She nearly whispers clearly petrified.

"Ally you have got to be one of the most innocent and oblivious people I've ever met. I don't even see how you're dating Troy. The most intimate you guys probably get is when you talk about the Sunday school lesson your preacher gives." Normani shakes her head.

"Watch it Hamilton." She points a finger towards her.

Camila puts her hands up in the air to stop the small banter before it goes any further to speak once again, confusion still written all over her face.

"So what?" She points one finger between the two of them. "You two are a thing now?"

They both instantly shake their heads.

"Its just a little fling." Dinah clarifies, Normani nods along in agreement.

"A fling?" Camila asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, we're just having a bit of fun." Normani explains nonchalantly.

Camila shakes her head slightly and closes her eyes. "Guys, a fling? A bit of fun..." She reopens her eyes. "This probably won't end well between the two of you."

"Don't worry Mila. There are no strings attached. We got this." Dinah brushes her off.

"Yeah but one of you will potentially end up falling for the other and-"

"It's okay Camz." I place a hand on shoulder. "You heard em, there are no strings attached. They're both mature enough to handle this alone...and I for one," I stand up and walk over to Normani. "...am quite impressed. Didn't know you had it in you Manibear, get some." I wink, high five-ing as well.

I can hear Camila's sigh behind me but nonetheless she joins my side with and gives the two a small smile.

"Alright horndogs, we're all happy for...whatever this is." She almost cringes. "...but how about next time you be careful? You're lucky its us three that walked in on you, and not my parents and Sofi."

They nod respectively right as we hear the front door unlock, and the jingle of keys ring through the house.

We all jump in surprise before Normani and I both turn to Dinah and Camila to fix their shirts up a bit and cover their hickeys. We all smooth our hair down a bit and Dinah and I exchange a knowing smirk before high-fiving each other.

"Girls?" I hear Camila's mother call out. I see her along with her husband and a sleepy Sofi round the corner. "Oh there you all are. How's it been going?" She smiles.

"Hey mami." Camila says, a hesitant smile on her face as she sits back down on the couch with me right behind her. "It was good. We just finished the movies, we were going to head up to bed in a few."

"That's great, I'm glad you all are having a good time." She smiles at me, Mani and Ally. We all nod with a polite smile to the older woman.

"And I suppose that Dinah you'll be staying in Camila's room tonight?"

"Um, why would you think that?" Camila asks.

"Who else would sleep with you dear?" Her mother asks rhetorically. Dinah and Camila exchange weird glances before they look back up to her mom confused. "I mean, you didn't possibly think Lauren would be rooming with you right?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Um...kinda." She scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Well think again." Her mother huffs a laugh. "Dinah you can move into Camila's room for the next few days. There will be no girlfriend bunking." She stares at Camila, her voice carrying a tone of finality.

"What?!" Both Dinah and Camila almost yelp, Camila turning to send a squinted glare at Dinah who was secretly rubbing the back of Normani's hand.

"You heard me young lady. We don't fraternize with guests in the bedroom." She narrows her eyes. Mr. Cabello began to quietly chuckle behind her, his shoulders moving up and down rapidly as he stroked Sofi's hair lightly.

"Dad?" Camila whined.

That was the first time I had actually heard her address her father willingly. Not only that, but she was almost begging him for his help at this point. She had told me how they weren't nearly back on the terms they were before, but that she'd just relented in harboring all the anger she felt towards the man and tried to get used to him, but I know better than anyone just how stubborn Camila can be, so this definitely came as a surprise to me.

Her back bites back another laugh in order to refrain waking his youngest daughter and places a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Come on honey, I'm sure the girls can all situate their own rooming accommodations responsibility. They're all respectful teenagers as far as I'm concerned." He tries persuading her.

Camila extends her arm out, palm face up to her father and then looks at her mother expectantly. "See, dad believes in me."

"Yes, believes in you, but he agrees with me, right Alejandro?" She turns a stern look over to him, making him grimace and crumble instantly. He looks back to Camila and shrugs slightly.

"Mm, sorry sweetheart. What mama says goes." He relented.

Camila dropped her hand and huffed out an exasperated sigh before hanging her head lowly and giving her mom the most adorable puppy eyes and pouty face I had ever seen. I honestly just wanted to hug her. Her mom wasn't nearly as affected by her adorable expression as much as I was though because she kept a poker face.

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao..." She warns her daughter, making Camila grunt in reelecting acceptance.

"Fine." She mutters, crossing her arms.

With a few exchanges of 'goodnights' between us and the Cabello's, they had all retired to bed as we assured them we would be doing the same in a few minutes. Once we heard the bedroom door close upstairs we all looked at each other glumly. (Well everyone except Ally, who could care less as she was on the phone with Troy at the moment.)

"Man," Dinah whines. "How do they trust you to spend a weekend alone in a hotel with Lauren, but not in a room here?" Dinah whines.

"I'm almost certain it was only because they felt bad for being so hard on me about the move." Camila mumbles.

"Either that or they wanted to get a little honeymoon action in since they've been deprived of it for a few years." I hear Dinah mumble. Camila grimaces and gives her a hard slap on the arm. "Ouch...why are you so violent tonight?"

"Because you're all so inappropriate tonight." Camila groans.

"If anyone was inappropriate tonight I believe it was you Miss 'Fuck Me Like You Mean It'" Dinah retorts, making me snort out a laugh. Camila's eyes almost fell out of her head as she gawked at her bestfriend.

"Yeah, you got some thin walls there buddy." Dinah playfully taps her shoulder.

Camila just grunts and stands to her feet. "Whatever."

She leans down and connects her lips with mine fiercely, catching me off guard. I instantly shut my eyes and reciprocated her actions as she cupped my cheek softly. My hand unconsciously reached out to find her hips and pull her into me, making her straddle my lap.

Now both of her hands had cupped my cheeks, stroking them delicately as we continued our heated lip lock on her couch. Once she pulled away I was in a daze. It was like she sucked all the air out of my lungs. She licked her lips and slowly got off of my lap.

I looked around to everyone else in the room to see Normani and Dinah finishing up what looked like just about the same thing, and then to Ally who was in the recliner, phone dropped into her lap and mouth agape as she looked back and forth between all of us.

"So yeah...goodnight." Camila smirks, grabbing a reluctant Dinah by her collar and pulling her along up the stairs.

Me and Normani watched them both in awe as they passed by. My breathing along with her own was labored and uneven.

"Whipped." I hear Ally chuckle quietly.

-

"It's very nice of you to help with breakfast Lauren." Sinu thanks me, pouring some batter info the waffle maker.

"Oh it's no problem at all, it's the least I could do since you happily invited us into your house for a few days." I smile as I cut up a few strawberries.

"Well Camila barely gets to see you, I can't even fathom how stressful your life can get. And I can only begin to imagine how much harder it has to be as a teenager." She shakes her head. "I'm just thankful for any time you to get together...she's a whole lot happier these days."

I look over to Sinu and see a genuine beaming smile upon her face, making me smile in return before I continue my task.

"I'm glad she is..." I say softly.

Once she gets the waffles set up, she takes an already made plate of eggs, bacon and coffee on a tray and moves towards the doorway, I can only assume to take it to her husband. She stops there and turns around. "Lauren," she calls out. I slowly stop my chopping and look up to her. "I'm really glad you met my daughter. I truly mean that." She smiles.

I nod shyly, a smile visible on my face. "I'm glad I met her too." I whisper just loud enough for her to hear.

Before she got too far away the doorbell sounded and she had politely asked me to answer it, to which I obliged. I sat down the knife and picked up a towel, wiping my hands off while I walked to the front door.

Flinging the towel over my shoulder, I opened the door to reveal a boy, jet black hair, around my age. When he saw me his eyes immediately glimmered and a shit eating grin made way onto his face.

"Lauren?" He asked hopefully, almost as if I was a mirage of some sort.

Then it clicked it was that boy, uh...

"Murray?" I furrow my eyebrows. Maybe that was his name.

"Michael." He politely corrects me, stretching his hand forwards in greeting. I carefully take it, giving him a firm shake, except afterwards he brings my hand up to kiss lips, kissing my knuckles softly.

"Michael Clifford, love." He smiles charmingly. "It's nice to finally meet you Lauren."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 610 8
Things are not as bad as they seem... Camila will soon learn that a misunderstanding could lead to something so real she didn't even know she wanted
3.9K 216 12
It was unexpected at first, a pop star with a bad past and a girl who's lost everything. But they were able to make it work out... at first. "Why do...
624K 19.7K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...
229K 11.2K 31
Everything seemed bleak in the world, but these girls were filled with hope. Hope to find a cure and save the infected. But what happens when they di...