Night Changes [N.H]

Af saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... Mere

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 31

10.4K 198 166
Af saluteperrie

Chapter 31

My mom and I watched the One Direction Christmas special on the way to Ireland. I thought it was hilarious, she just watched. 

If I wasn't dating Niall, then she probably wouldn't want to watch it. But I was, so she did. I had to kind of force her to, and even if she didn't want to admit it, I know she loved it.

Some of the parts filmed before we were dating, so it was funny looking back at what he was like before we had met, but he wasn't that different in front of the camera than with me. That was one of my favorite things about him. He was always crazy, and didn't let the camera change him.

There was the part in Orlando when he was working at the candy shop, and I watched intently to see if I had made any part. Luckily, I didn't, and I was relieved. I thought of how weird it would be if there was a random pregnant girl in it.

My favorite part was at the end when they showed clips of them recording Four. I knew Niall stripped down to record, but I had never seen him do it in person. Lucky for everybody, we got to see it on a screen. 

I had to tell my mom to close her eyes. 

Some girlfriends may not want their boyfriend stripping for the world to see (multiple times, I may add) but I honestly didn't care. It made people happy, and that made me happy. Of course, maybe I was a bit uncomfortable, but it made me laugh. 

It was just part of Niall's personality. 

I sent Niall a text to let him know that I had seen it. 

I loved watching the performances, and seeing how happy he made the fans. One Direction just made people so happy. 

When we landed, Niall came to pick us up. We had invited my mom to stay in Niall's apartment with us, but she insisted on getting a hotel room. She said that it was our Christmas together, and that she wanted us to enjoy it by ourselves.

We would be able to pick her up and bring her to Niall's mom's house for Christmas day. I was excited that she would finally get to meet Niall's family and vice versa, because it meant that we were becoming more of a family.

It was Christmas Eve, and I was in the Christmas spirit. Niall's apartment wasn't as decorated for Christmas as the apartment in New York, but he did have a small Christmas tree, and that was enough for me.

"Can we make cookies?" I asked eagerly.

"I don't know if I have the ingredients, I haven't been home. But I can run to the store if that's what you'd like," he said.

"Well we might as well just get the stick-em-in-the-oven kind, then," I said, opening his fridge. He didn't have any eggs, and I doubted he had flour or anything.

I wanted to make things as Christmasy as possible, so Niall went to go get stuff to make cookies.

I always made cookies around Christmas time. Cookies were just great.

"You know, I think Chef Horan is going to be a thing," he announced when he got back. I held  the door open for him as he carried in the bags. 

We made the batter and then rolled them into balls. Niall stood behind me, "helping me", but he really just wanted to be close to me and touch hands. He was smooth af.

I had a new obsession with using the term 'af'. I don't even know where it came from. But I did make a mental note to tweet that Niall is daddy af.

We put the cookies in the oven and made hot chocolate, picked out a movie, put on our pajamas, and then had a Christmas eve celebration. I was far from tired because of the jet lag, and Niall wanted to stay up with me.  

The second best part of making cookies was smelling them in the oven. After eating them, of course. 

"I know we've never talked about this, but do you go to church?" Niall asked.

"I did. I went a lot when I was little, but it was really hard to join a new church everywhere we moved. I was going to try and get back into the habit once I started college, but I don't think they would approve of a pregnant 19 year old who's not married," I said, which was all true. 

"What do you want for the baby?" He asked.

"I think it would be good for him to be baptized and go to church when we can," I said. 

"Then he's going to need godparents. Any suggestions?" Niall asked me.

"I think Greg and Denise should be the godparents. I don't really know anybody else that we both know who are Catholic," I said.

"Yeah, I think that would be perfect," he said. "Should we ask them tomorrow?"

"I can't wait," I said. We sat together on the couch and ate the cookies. 

"Can we please take a picture? I'm feeling so cozy," Niall asked. I laughed and I grabbed my phone from the table to take the picture.

"You are the selfie master," I said, handing him my phone as if it were a black belt. He went to sit on the floor and I sat behind him on the couch as he snapped the pic.

"That's a keeper," he said. 

"You're keeper," I said, and gave him a kiss. 

We cleaned up, and then went to bed. As a kid, Christmas eve was the night I never slept, in anticipation of Santa's visit. I didn't want anything more than for it to be morning when I could open my presents. 

But now, as an adult, I took in every minute that I had. It was so perfect and cozy, just the two- well, three- of us. I never wanted to leave, and when I left bed, I would still get to be with him.

In the soft lighting of the morning, everything couldn't have been more perfect. I sent my friends a "Merry Christmas" text, and then Niall and I made tea and gathered around the tree in his living room to exchange presents. 

"Here, you open yours first," he said, handing me a few wrapped boxes. "I wrapped them myself." I blushed at the thought of Niall taking so much time to please me. 

"I hope that these aren't condoms," I said, holding them. 

"I promise they're not," he said. "Open that one first." He pointed to a box resting on my leg. I smiled as I began to unwrap the box.

"Oh my god! You found it!" I said, holding the gift up so I could get a better look. It was 'bellybuds', a sound system for the baby to hear music and voices. "This is so thoughtful, I can't wait to try them out."

"You should bring them to my mum's," he said. "Owen can hear the family for the first time." 

"That will be wonderful," I said. "Okay, now open one of mine," I said. I had got him a lot of stuff that I noticed he needed but he didn't notice he needed, because rich people have that sort of problem.

I got him some golf clubs that he had been talking about, some new clothes, and some picture frames so he could display our life together as we grew. 

"Okay, now open the small box," he said. I took the wrapping paper off, and it was a box for a ring. My first instinct was that it was an engagement ring. I automatically felt tense and awkward, I didn't want to tell him that I wasn't ready to be married, and I didn't want to be engaged and not get married anytime soon.

No offense, Zerrie.

I loved him, but I felt like we hadn't been dating long enough. There wasn't a doubt in my mind right now that I would ever leave him. With the baby, we would always be connected. A baby changes things, and I knew that to know for sure, I would have to wait a bit more.

I forced a smile as I opened it. Niall watched as I held it in my hand. He wasn't getting down on one knee or anything, so I knew it couldn't be an engagement ring, and allowed myself to calm down. 

I opened the box, and there was a ring. I took it out to get a closer look to it. There were three different colored stones. I recognized one to be a sapphire (dark blue), a lighter blue stone, and a diamond.

It had a beautiful ombre effect.

"I've noticed that you don't wear jewelry, but I thought you might like this. Those are each of our birthstones, and the April birthstone, for Owen. It's our family in the form of rocks!" He said. I smiled at the ring, taking in every centimeter of its beauty.

"I don't like jewelry that's dangly or get's in the way, but this is perfect!" I said, slipping the ring on my ring finger. I didn't know how he knew my size, but it fit like a glove. "This is perfect."

"I had my brother pick it up because I knew how suspicious it would look if I was at a ring shop," he said, laughing.

I was still stunned. "I appreciate it," I said genuinely. "I really hope Owen doesn't come too early or late." I laughed to myself. "Now open your last present!"

Niall reached for the last present and unwrapped it. His face lit up when he saw what was inside for him.

"I know that you love to take pictures and want to have them with you, but we can't risk them getting leaked. This way you can take as many pictures as you want, and they're for our eyes only," I said.

I had gotten him a Nikon camera, the best one in the store.

"Thanks so much, Alyssa. It's amazing," he said. He got up to give me a kiss. "Why don't we take a picture now?" He opened the box and took out the camera, holding it like it was as fragile as a newborn baby.

I could only pray that he held our newborn baby with that much care. 

I grabbed his hand as he helped me up, and we stood by the tree as he held the camera with the lens facing us and pressed the button. 

"And now we don't have to worry about it getting leaked," I said smiling. 

"I need some pictures for my new frames!" He said. Niall was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. He wouldn't stop laughing and smiling.

Ha ha.

We didn't bother cleaning up after ourselves, we would have plenty of time for that later. We had a lazy morning, but had to get dressed and washed up shortly for the celebration with our family.

I packed a red dress. It had a black belt that wrapped above my bump. I brushed my hair, and chose to wear flats with tights. 

Niall came out of the bathroom looking cute as ever. He dressed up for the occasion, too. 

We both hopped into the car when we were ready, and left to pick up my mom. 

I remembered how petrified I was the last time I was in this position. I was so scared to meet Niall's family and tell them that we were pregnant. 

This time, I was almost jumping up and down in my seat with excitement. I was so happy that our two families would be together as one. This would be my first time seeing them since I've really started showing, and I wanted to catch up with his sister-and-law. 

A/N

Hey guys!! Here's the update!
The new wattpad update is really weird.... idk if i like it or not lol

thanks for reading this far and I hope that you like it and choose to continue reading!

Thanks for all the votes, reads, and comments and please continue to do so (:

x

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

44.4K 700 33
[Completed] "Rules of the game is simple. We flirt, kiss, have sex or whatever... but whoever falls in love first, loses the game." Jane moves to Eng...
35.4K 1.3K 33
I can't help but fall in love with you...
517 3 20
"I was just a Fling." The words leave my mouth merely as a whisper as I slide down the wall, crying hardly. All the tears I held in for years, break...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...