Night Changes [N.H]

Von saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... Mehr

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 11

15.7K 286 211
Von saluteperrie

After my mom left, Niall and I ordered food. It was only 3 but Niall was exhausted from his lack of sleep.

The doorbell rang and I opened it. But it wasn't the food.

"Katie, what are you doing here? Is this your daughter?" I opened the door wider and let Katie and a little girl in.

I had no idea she was showing up right now or even knew my address, but she was holding a girl, who I assumed to be her daughter.

"Now isn't exactly a good time-"

"Is that the food?" Niall asked, walking to the door. He saw Katie and walked away backwards slowly back into the kitchen, surprised, like nothing happened.

I sighed.

"Is he?" Katie drifted off. I nodded. Katie's hand slammed over her mouth.

"Oh my god, I knew you said your boyfriend was popular, but I didn't know he was one of the most popular people in the world."

"Niall, it's okay, you can come back. She's a friend," I said. Niall walked back through the doorway.

"Sorry to surprise you," he said.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Alyssa's friend Katie," she said. "This is Samantha." The girl smiled, sensing her name.

"Hi Samantha!" I said, touching her small foot.

"You're so popular," Niall said. I never had visitors, and today I had three.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, I was in the neighborhood," Katie said. "I can leave if you want."

"No, it's okay. Stay. Niall might be going to bed soon but we can chat if you want," I said. "Have a seat."

We sat in chairs, and Niall kissed my forehead and said he was going upstairs to sleep. I didn't blame him.

"I had no idea that your boyfriend was Niall Horan," Katie said.

"You have to promise not to say anything."

"I won't say a word," Katie promised. "So how are you feeling?"

"A little better than I was at first, but still nauseous."

"I was nauseous with Samantha big time. Maybe you'll have a girl."

"I haven't even thought about gender or possible names. Hell, I haven't even thought about the baby's room. I guess that's a good thing since I'm moving."

"You're moving?"

"I'm moving in with Niall in the city. We just decided today. I'm dropping out of college and working with One Direction's crew," I said. After I said it, I realized I'd be leaving my only friend behind.

"Wow," Katie said. "That's great!" She was trying to be happy for me, but I could tell she was sad.

"Don't worry. You can come and visit me whenever you want. I can try to hook you up with concert tickets," I said.

"I actually have somewhere to go, I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm sorry to drop by without letting you know, but it was nice to see you," Katie said, getting out of her seat.

"Okay. It was really nice to see you, and I loved meeting Samantha."

"I'm glad I was able to meet your boyfriend. I'll see you soon. Call me," she said, and left.

I was a bit surprised that she left so soon, but I was feeling sleepy anyway and couldn't take away from the little time I had with Niall.

I climbed the stairs up to my room. were Niall was already sleeping. The combination of jet lag and lack of sleep had really caught up to him.

I sat in bed with him and put on a movie. It was still pretty early for me.

It occurred to me that Niall and I were back in the bed that we had conceived our baby. I put my hand on my stomach. The size hadn't even changed that much, it just felt different. 

It was barely noticeable to anybody else, but it felt special.

I fell asleep when it got dark out, and woke up at around eight.

Niall was still fast asleep. I had no idea somebody could sleep that long. I couldn't sleep any longer, so I got out of bed and went downstairs and made breakfast. I thought it would be a nice surprise for Niall to wake up to eggs, muffins, and pancakes. I had improved my pantry in the last weeks and even had a griddle and a working mini fridge.

While the muffins were cooking I got a text from an unknown number. I curiously unlocked my phone to see what the message said.

'Hi Alyssa, this is Perrie! Zayn gave me your number and told me that you wanted to meet up with me sometime and talk! I heard about you and Niall, and your secret's safe with me.'

I smiled at my screen in awe. The whole being-friends-with-famous-people thing hasn't quite set in yet. I don't know if it ever will.

I was anxious to reply.

'Hi Perrie! It's so cool to be talking to you, I'm a big fan(: do you know when you'll be in the US? I would love to go shopping or something together!'

As soon as I pressed send, I realized how stupid I sounded. I really wanted to sound friend-worthy so that she wouldn't think I was a loser. But I was a loser. A loser who was having Niall Horan's baby!

Perrie was quick to respond as well.

'That's great! I will be in California with the girls in two weeks to meet with a songwriter, but I'm not going to be close to where you live.'

'I think One Direction is finishing their tour around that area, so I can tag along and maybe we can make plans!'

'Sounds like a plan. Keep in touch.'

It was only when the conversation was over that I realized that I had just made friends with Perrie Edwards. Shock was part of my daily routine by now. 

The oven beeped, and I took the muffins out. As I was scrambling eggs, I heard the stairs creak. Niall turned around the corner with sleepy, swollen eyes.

"Good morning sleepyhead! Are you hungry?" I said, going up to him.

"Hungry for you," he said. Even only after being conscious for a few minutes, he was as foolish as always.

"Too bad. All I have are muffins, pancakes, and eggs," I turned around to mix the pancake batter. 

"I should be making breakfast for you!" Niall said, and put his arms around my waist as I mixed.

"I don't mind doing this, I want to. Besides, you will have plenty of time to cook for me soon enough."

"Or order in," he said. I chuckled. I told him about my chat with Perrie and about how I would spend the week on the final week of the tour with the crew and visit Perrie after, and he seemed to be happy.

"That's great. Perrie is great to us, you can learn a lot about her. She probably deals with the most hate. After Eleanor, of course," Niall said.

"Can't wait until I am completely trashed by the entire teenage population," I said.

"You signed up for it when you wanted to be my girlfriend," Niall replied. "I'm so sorry for all of it. Nobody deserves hate."

"Maybe our video-chat plan will soften the blow?" I said uncertainly.

"We do what we can," Niall said. I began to pour the pancake batter on the griddle. "Speaking of our plan, I think it's time for a picture." Niall took my phone from the counter and snapped a selfie of us. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Have a muffin," I said. "I'm almost done." Niall grabbed two plates and two forks and knives and set the table. 

When I was finished, I joined him at the table with a full plate of eggs and a stack of pancakes. 

"This is so good, Alyssa," Niall said, digging into his breakfast. 

"I'm no chef, but I can read the instructions on a box and mix ingredients together. Call me Rachel Ray." Niall got a laugh out of that one.

Niall's laugh was so warming and validated everything in life. Him laughing at one of your jokes is the best feeling in the world. 

We also discussed where we would be moving. I suggested an apartment in the city, because there would be less travel involved for Niall, but I would also be moving far from my mother. Then, Niall suggested to move my mom closer to us too, so that I wouldn't have to worry about that. 

I was so lucky to have him. 

"Are you ready to go to Ireland soon?" Niall asked.

I had completley forgot that we were going to see his parents when the tour ended to talk to his family. "I can't wait! I've never been out of North America before."

"I'll have to give you the Ireland experience! We can visit my family and walk around a lot. Last time I called my mom I told her I was bringing a girl, and she said she was going to invite my brother and sister-in-law and Theo! I have to see if my dad will go too," Niall said.

"Is it hard to get your parents together?" I asked. We had never really talked about his parents being divorced, and I didn't know a thing about them.

"They're supportive," he said. "They'll understand when I tell them why." 

"Well I look forward to meeting them along with the rest of your family. I've always wanted to meet Theo. From what you post on Instagram, he's the cutest," I said.

"He's cute, but not as cute as our baby," Niall said,

"I learned that the baby is the size of a pea right now. I'm supposed to get an ultrasound in a few weeks, but I don't even know how  I'm going to keep seeing the doctor when we're always traveling."

"I'm sure that there's a way to get a doctor who can travel with us, at least later in the pregnancy."

"The baby is due around April or May," I said. 

"That makes sense," Niall said. "If the baby is on time, that will work perfectly. We have a break in between April fourth and June sixth."

"We might as well have planned that."

"Very funny," I said. "I have an appointment in November for an ultrasound. I was told it will help to distinguish a more accurate due date, if I'm carrying one or more baby, and will check the heartbeat."

"If we're having twins, I don't know what we'll do."

"It was your sperm. You tell me," I said. 

Niall got a kick out of that one too. I was on cloud nine.

"Well I can't wait."

"Do you want it to be a girl or a boy?" I asked.

"I don't have a preference. This is our first, we can't go wrong." 

"I agree. There are some reasons why I want a girl, and some why I want a boy. I just want to find out so I can go shopping!"

"It will be exciting," Niall said. 

We talked more about some plans and even tossed around a few names, but I knew that I would have to wait to see the baby to know what to name them. It was good to talk about the future, but what mattered was right now. I wouldn't be with Niall for long before he has to continue touring, and I want to make the most of every minute I get to spend with him.

When we were cleaning up, I saw his face lit up. "Wait right here," Niall said, and then ran upstairs. He looked really excited, so I wondered if he had a surprise.

I heard him come back down and he had a CD case in his hands. He gave it to me. 

"Is this what I think it is?" I asked, looking at the CD. It had two photos of the band, and was titled 'Four'.

"That's the new album!" Niall said, pointing to it as if I couldn't see. "And look on the back at the track list." He pointed again.

"Oh my god! That's our song!" I said, looking at 'Night Changes'. 

"I thought it would only be fair for you to be one of the first people to hear it, since you were one of the writers," Niall said.

"How thoughtful. I'm going to get my laptop and we can listen to it," I said. We put the volume up and danced to all of the tracks like it was our own party. Niall knew all of the words, but I was just hearing them for the first time.

The album was so beautiful. When 'Night Changes' came on, we were silent. I wanted to hear the final product, and it exceeded my expectations. There were new harmonies and 'ooh's' layering the melodies and the beat made me want fly.

I got really emotional and hugged Niall out of my happiness.

"I told you it would make the album," he said.

"I can't even believe it," I said. Directioners were smart, but would they be smart enough to infer what the song was really about?

We did such a great job of remaining vague and leaving a certain amount up to the listener's imagination. It was applicable to many different situations, and that's what I liked about it. But for Niall and I, the song had a special meaning.

We spent the rest of the day together, but he had to leave after dinner. We took another belly picture (although I just looked fat) before he left. 

When his car pulled up out front, I kissed him goodbye. I felt like we were saying too many goodbyes. What I really wanted to do was kiss him see-you-soon. I would see him in a week and tour with him for a full week, and see Perrie.

At least this time I had something to look forward to.

A/N

Merry Christmas! I hope you all have had a great Christmas and got 1d stuff (:

like I say with every update, thank you so so much for reading! Please continue to vote and read. Also, if you have any suggestions or ways to improve, just comment. 

Thanks again

x

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

44.4K 700 33
[Completed] "Rules of the game is simple. We flirt, kiss, have sex or whatever... but whoever falls in love first, loses the game." Jane moves to Eng...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
137K 2.3K 40
When Jasmine and one of her closest friends, Kim go on vacation, they discover that they are staying in the same hotel as the famous boy band, One Di...
44.4K 435 47
Aisley has to live with her brother . Her brother is in the biggest boy band , One Direction . But , can you guess who ? Louis Tomlinson . She has to...