Night Changes [N.H]

By saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... More

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 7

20.3K 345 481
By saluteperrie

Chapter 7

After breakfast, the boys filled the elevator while I took a few extra minutes to 'check out the lobby', when really, I just couldn't be seen with them. 

There were always fans in the lobby, trying to catch a glimpse of the boys. I took off my pass when I saw the fans, so they wouldn't give me any unnecessary attention. The less attention I received, the better. 

I walked to the window of the lobby, and there were even more fans outside, sitting on the sidewalk. The thing that makes One Direction fans special is their dedication. Even if there was a snowstorm, there would still be fans outside waiting for them. 

It was almost 11am, and the sun warmed the room. The sign of the arena they would be playing in again tonight was visible over the buildings. I smiled, but knew I would be heading home tomorrow morning.

I turned around and went back to the elevators. When I was riding up to the last floor, I put the pass around my neck so I wouldn't be stopped again. To my delight, I was waved right in by the security guard. 

I turned the corner and knocked on the door to Niall's room. Niall opened the door, and I saw the band sitting on the couch. I thought that it might get easier telling people that I was pregnant since I've already done it once, but it's just as hard each time. 

Niall and I sat on the couch in front of the other boys, and I looked at him awkwardly, not knowing what to say. He was the one who had invited them, and he was the one who would speak.

"I'm sorry for getting defensive at breakfast, Zayn, but I did have a reason to be. We didn't have sex last night, but we did a few weeks ago at the party," Niall said. 

The boys looked at each other and made weird faces. My face turned bright red. That was unnecessary. I laughed awkwardly again, because it was better than just sitting there.

"That's not the point though," Niall said. He was surprisingly calm about it. My heart rate picked up and I was overwhelmed with emotions again. I didn't want to see their faces when they found out. They could be so mad, and they would blame Niall and me for ruining their careers. It wasn't just Niall's that was at risk, it was all of their's. 

"What we really needed to tell you about was that..." Niall paused and looked at me. "Alyssa's pregnant."

I didn't know weather to smile or to look surprised, so I just kind of pressed my lips together and raised my eyebrows.

I could practically see the confusion that had absorbed Liam, Zayn, and Louis. Harry acted surprised, but we both knew that he had already found out. 

Liam was the first to speak. "Oh my god," was all that he could manage.

"I'm so so sorry. We are the only ones who know. Alyssa and I haven't told anybody else, not even our families. We didn't mean for this to happen, but it did. We don't plan on telling that many people, because if this gets out, I couldn't be able to imagine the chaos."

"That's why Alyssa came last night. And it explains why she went in a different elevator," Liam said, putting the pieces together. 

"Are you mad?" Niall asked quietly.

"No, man. I'm really sorry this had to happen. But congratulations! First One Direction baby!" Louis said. 

"We all thought that Harry would be the first one to get a girl pregnant," Zayn said.

"Just to clarify, Niall didn't get me pregnant. I am pregnant because we both decided to have drunken sex and we both didn't use protection. I'm not a victim, we have an equal part in this," I said. 

"I'm really sorry about everything I said today, big news always makes me awkward. But congrats," Zayn added. 

"Don't worry about it. And I would love to spend some time with your girlfriends to see how they deal with hate and dating a member of a busy boy band. Do you think maybe you could also let them know about everything, and we can meet?" I asked.

Liam said that he could text Sophia, Zayn would ask Perrie, and Louis would talk to Eleanor. It made me a bit more comfortable to know that I could get advice from girls who were experiencing a similar relationship. Minus the pregnancy.

"Again, you can't tell anybody else. We are still trying to figure things out ourselves. We have no idea how this is going to work, but it is," Niall added. "I promise that I will try my best to not let it interfere with the band."

"Niall, it's understandable if you need to miss some stuff to go to the doctors or something. When the baby's born, we're going to need to take a bit of a break. There are times when you're going to need to be there for Alyssa and your baby, so take it easy," Liam said.

The other boys nodded in agreement. Niall looked at me and smiled. I couldn't take his teasing, so I planted a kiss on his lips in front of everybody, as if sealing the deal.

"You are the best uncles a baby could ask for," I laughed.

"And you two will be the best parents," Harry said. As much as people kept telling me that, there was always doubt. How could we even be parents? We were so young and he was so busy. As much as I wanted to make it all go smoothly, I knew there would be complications.

"Group hug!" Niall shouted, and suddenly I was surrounded by five boys. I couldn't help from laughing.

"Okay, let's head to the venue, it's the last show in New Jersey," Louis said, taking control. There were a few shouts of excitement, and we all filed out of the room. They went to the venue in their van, and I was able to ride with the crew. Even though I wasn't actually doing anything that was crew-worthy, or getting paid, it was cool to be a pretend crew member.

Niall explained to Lou Teasdale that I was a friend of his, and that we didn't want to be seen together because of the fact that media would probably see us and assume things. There were no questions asked.

Lou turned on her phone in the van to check the time and I admired her background. "That's so cute, your background," I said. It was a collage of different pictures of her and Lux, and some pictures of when she was pregnant.

"Thanks. I liked to take a lot of pictures," she responded. I looked at my stomach. Although it was small now, it wouldn't be soon. I would want to see my progress as I grew bigger. I smiled to myself, because I had a great idea. 

It was the solution to how to tell the fans about me and the baby, and made it special to Niall and me. I was the type of person who hated keeping secrets, and I know Niall did too. As of right now, there were way too many big secrets. 

When the baby was a few months old, Niall could make a livestream introducing me and the baby. That way, I could get a chance to talk and stand up for myself and the baby. The fans could see how in love we are. Along the way of my pregnancy and our relationship, we could take a ton of pictures of not just my stomach's growth, but our relationship's growth. 

By showing the pictures, we would be showing that we don't want to keep any more secrets, and we would be showing that we really care about each other, and that we weren't just screw-ups. I was so excited about the plan, and I hoped that Niall would support it.

When we arrived at the venue, the boys went right into hair and wardrobe to deal with the remaining press and get ready for the show. 

"Do you want to try and fix Niall's hair?" Lou asked. 

"I would love to, but if I mess up, I hope you can fix it," I said. She handed me the bottle of whatever she used for Niall's hair. I had watched her do it yesterday, and I knew exactly what Niall's hair usually looked like. 

"You're moving up! You're basically an official stylist!" Niall said.

"Too bad I have to go home tomorrow morning," I said, lathering it onto my hands. 

"I can always change your ticket. We need to get back in bed," Niall laughed. "The windows have shades for a reason!"

I laughed at his logic, and ran my fingers in his hair to make it go up in the front. "I wish, but I have to see a doctor and make some appointments. Besides, I only brought enough clothes for two days," I said, still fixing his hair.

"You don't need clothes babe," he said. I pursed my lips and took my fingers out of his hair. 

"If you're going to talk to me like that, you can go onstage like this," I said, admiring his half done hair. 

"It's a new look, I'm thrilled," he said.

"You're crazy," I said, and went back to work with his hair. Lou walked by me as she was going to style Zayn's hair and looked impressed.

"Wow," she said. "For somebody who's never done his hair before, you did a good job." My face lit up.

"Thanks. As long as I'm around, I wouldn't mind lending a hand whenever," I mentioned. 

"That would be great, I'm always in need of assistance," she said, and then walked away. We were quiet as I continued styling, but there was something bothering me. There weren't that many people in the room, and everybody in it were minding their own business and working on something.

"Does it ever drive you crazy how your life can change overnight? Like everything you've ever dreamed of can just disappear in the morning, and your life changes?" I asked.

"Yeah," Niall sighed. "Things change, but they won't change things between you and me." I nodded and half smiled. If he believed it, then so did I.

I sprayed Niall's hair with hairspray, and then stepped back to admire my work.

"You look handsome," I said.

"Thanks," he said. "Do you want to chill alone somewhere? I have about an hour before promos, and there's this tune stuck in my head. I think I finally came up with the right lyrics. Maybe you could help me,"

"Let's go," I said. He grabbed his guitar from another room and his phone, and we sat on a couch in a dressing room.

"I'm going to put my phone on video so if we have any good ideas, we won't forget," Niall said."I like the idea about the night changing too fast. Let's go back to the night that we met and put ourselves in the scene," he said, strumming a chord on the guitar. 

"I remember I put on my favorite dress. I remember buying it and my mom didn't like it, so I hid it and saved it for going out," I laughed at the memory. 

"Going to a party, I don't know what's coming next. Her mother, dosen't like that kind of dress, na na na na na..." He drifted off, not knowing any lyrics. "Going out today, changes into something real. Her mother doesn't like her party dress." He continued with the same melody, but changing the lyrics. "Going out tonight, changes into something red. Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress."

"I like that last one the best," I said. Niall agreed and wrote they lyrics on a piece of paper.

"Everything she's ever had, is growing up," I added to the tune of his 'na's'

"I like that idea to start, what about: everything she's never had, she's showing off," he said.

"I actually like that better," I said.

"Okay, I have the tune for a chorus, we can go back to the second verse later, but I just need to add in some lyrics before I forget," he said. "Does it ever drive you crazy? Just how fast the night changes, everything that you've ever dreamed of, dissapearing when you wake up, but there's nothing to be afraid of, even when the night changes, it will never change me and you."

"Wow, I really like it," I said. Even just hearing it for the first time, it had so much potential. Niall wrote it down on the paper so he wouldn't forget. "I think it jumps in too fast though, maybe add some to the beginning, play the chords, and I'll sing an idea for the beginning. 

Niall played the chord and I sang: "We're only getting older baby, and I've been thinking about it lately, does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes." Niall smiled and added the lines to the paper. 

"You sing the melody, I have an idea for the harmony," I said. We both sang together, and it sounded like the song had the potential to be on the album, if we finished it. 

"I had no idea that you could sing like that," Niall said.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," I said.

"And I intend on finding out," Niall said, and leaned in to kiss me.

"Wait," I said, and turned off the camera. "Okay, now we can." And we kissed. Even though the night had changed our life forever, it would never change how much we loved each other.

A/N

aw omfg 

Nalyssa is otp :*

I have so many chapters done and I'm still going so I'll update as soon as I can 

the reads and votes have nearly doubled in two days what is going on ???

thank you so much for all your reading and voting, I hope you continue to do so because there is still so much more I want to share with you!

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 264 13
When Alyssa goes to a meet and greet for her favorite band, One Direction, she gets a surprise of a lifetime, as well as finds the love of her life.
183K 3.5K 30
It all started on a wild night when Brie Parker snuck out of home to go to the biggest party of the year. Shortly after the party she stumbled out dr...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
98.3K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...