Night Changes [N.H]

By saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... More

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 5

20.7K 385 502
By saluteperrie

Chapter 5

I stood outside of the venue that One Direction was playing tonight. It was unbelievable.

So far, everything had gone smoothly. I sat in first class on my plane ride, and a rental car was waiting for me outside when I landed.

I loaded my luggage into the car and had parked at the venue. Niall had told me to go in with the VIP people, and I looked at the people with VIP badges and assumed I was in the right place. 

There were almost 5 hours until the opening act performed and there were already a lot of people who didn't have VIP sitting outside.

I felt out of place standing by myself. Everybody else was fangirling with their best friends or even their moms. I placed a hand on my stomach and smiled. "At least I have you," I said quietly to myself. 

I was talking to a cell.

Great.

I wasn't used to the concert vibes. It was insane, everybody was bouncing-off-the-walls crazy.

During the entire airplane ride, I anticipated how I would tell Niall, but it just made me so much more nervous. I listened to One Direction's music to calm me but it just made me more anxious listening to him. 

The voice of somebody who's heart I was about to break.

A lady who worked at the venue lead us backstage in an orderly fashion. There weren't that many people, mostly radio stations and some girls who won the passes. I made an effort to look good, knowing I would be with all the people who would be judging me. 

I wore my hair up, and I wore jean shorts and a flowy tribal top with strappy sandals. I had to get the most wear out of my small tops before I grew too big.

We headed through many sets of doors, and then, finally, to the dressing rooms. The radio stations set up where they would do their pre-show interviews, and I knew I needed to find Niall before he got busy.

I looked around for any member of One Direction, because they were the only ones who would recognize me. If I asked anybody else for Niall, they would probably think I was just a crazed fan.

I navigated the hallway for a sign of his presence, and then dialed his number. But before I pressed 'call', I saw him in a chair getting is hair styled by Lou. I didn't know if I should approach him or not, because I wasn't sure if Lou would understand. 

Niall slowly got out of the chair and turned around. When he saw me, his face lit up. He approached me and spread his arms for a hug.

I hugged him so tight to try and disguise my guilt, and I knew he was the only one who could comfort me.

"I've missed you so much," he said into my ear, his grip was strong, but my arms were flimsy and awkward around his. It didn't feel right.

"I've missed you too. Is there any place we can talk in private? Do you have a minute?" I asked. I had to get it off my chest.

"Yeah, there's a room over here," he said, pointing to a door. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself, but it didn't help. Niall opened the door for me, and I sat on a couch that was in there. I looked around for anybody or any cameras that may be hidden. 

Niall closed the door behind him. "What was it that you wanted to tell me?" He asked. I reached in my bag and felt the test with my thumb and my pointer finger. Niall was so happy, and I was just about to break some news that would crush him.

My heart raced and sweat broke on my forehead. I started to cry, and I felt like a baby.

"What's wrong? You can tell me. I'm sure we can fix it," he said, and put a hand on my back.

A tear rolled down my face and I shook my head back and forth. I began to cry harder, and knew that I had to tell him.

"Is it something with your family?" He asked. "School?"

"I-I" I tried to take a breath but I was crying too hard. "I'm pregnant." I put my hands over my eyes because I couldn't bare to see the look on his face.

His hand tensed on my back and I didn't even have to look at him to see how crushed he was. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I couldn't tell you over the phone," I reached into my purse and took the test in my hands. "I brought the test in case you didn't believe me. I didn't believe me."

He took it out of my hands and looked at it with the same intensity that I did when I first saw the results. He still didn't say anything.

He squinted at me in disbelief, and began to shake his head back and forth. 

"If you need time to let it sink in, I understand. I can leave if you want me to," I said, gathering my things and getting ready to leave.

"Don't leave," he finally said. "I'm so so so sorry this happened. I can't even believe-" He trailed off. This time I put my hand on his back.

"Before you say it, it isn't all your fault. It's both of our responsibilities. This doesn't change my feelings for you," I said with a sniffle.

"I screwed up-"

"We screwed up."

"I really like you, Alyssa. I'm so sorry that this had to happen to us," he said.

"Are you sure you don't want any time alone? To comprehend?" I asked a last time.

"No, I want you here with me. Nowhere else."

I rubbed his back more and pulled myself in for a hug. "I really like you too," I confessed. I almost told him I loved him, and itwasn't just saying this because I was having his baby, but because I realized that I might really love him.

We both cried into each other's shoulders. There were so many things that we needed to talk about, but right now, we just needed to comfort each other.

"Did you tell anybody so far?" Niall asked.

"Not a soul. I thought it was only fair that you were the first to know."

"Listen, we can't tell anybody right now. I promise we can tell who you want to know soon, but I think that this needs to stay private until we get details worked out," he added.

"I agree," I said.

We lay together on the couch for a few more minutes, crying on and off, our eyes red and swollen. 

"What are we going to do?" I asked him in between tears. 

There was a knock at the door followed by it bursting open. It shook Niall and I back to our senses and we shot up to see who it was. 

"Niall we have interviews in five- whoa," he paused when he saw us together, clearly sharing a tough moment. "I'm sorry for barging in. Hi Alyssa," Harry said.

I waved. It was so obvious that we had both just been bawling our eyes out. Niall crying is enough to emotionally scar anybody. 

"Thanks for the reminder, I'll be out in a minute," Niall said. Harry awkwardly left. I could tell that he felt bad for interrupting. 

"I'll see you after the show. Hold it together for me, okay. You'll do great," I said, and kissed him on the forehead. He put his hands on my waist and looked me in the eye.

"I'll tell one of the security guards to bring you backstage after the show and we can go to the hotel and be with each other. Have fun at the show, I put you right in front of the catwalk so I can keep an eye on you."

I grabbed my purse and realized that the pregnancy test was in plain sight on the table and that Harry probably saw it when he walked in. I hoped he could keep a secret.

"Let's forget about all the bad things that could happen and think about the good things. We're together right now, and whatever we decide to do, I'll stick with you," I said. 

As much as Niall was still in shock, my efforts to make him temporarily feel better worked. I reached for one of his hands and put it on my stomach. "This stomach won't be this small for long." His smile quickly faded, and his mind wandered back into confusion.

I couldn't stand seeing him like this, so I pulled him into another hug, squeezing my eyes tight. When I let go, he opened the door for us. Harry was waiting outside the door, and as soon as he saw us, he pretended to be walking away like he didn't overhear anything.

"Harry," Niall said. Harry turned around. "If you heard a word that was said in that room, you better keep it to yourself. I'm serious."

Harry was never serious. He took a bite of his banana and wrapped his arms around Niall. "Congratulations!" He said with his mouth full. I laughed.

"Please don't mention it until we find a way to tell the others," Niall said.

"Your secret is safe with me. We have interviews to do," Harry added and clapped his hands together. Niall hugged me goodbye and left with Harry. I took another breath and looked in a mirror. I was a mess. 

I wiped my eyes, and then found the exit. 

Now that I had gotten that out of the way, I could have a fun night. 

I decided on buying a T-Shirt and some food to waste time, because I still had two hours before the concert started. I thought maybe I could meet some people. 

I looked for girls who didn't look shy about talking to strangers, who weren't with parents. 

There was a group of girls sitting on a set of stairs with matching shirts, and they looked cool. I wasn't from anywhere near New Jersey, and I didn't know if the people tended to be nice or not, but I wasn't one to judge.

"I like your shirts," I said to them.

"Thanks," a few of them chimed in. 

"Wait... are you the girl who hooked up with Niall?" One said.

My heart skipped a beat. "What?" I asked. My worst fear was confirmed. I didn't even have an idea about how this could get out. I was doomed.

"There's a picture going around with Niall and a girl at a party and you have similar hair to the girl he was hooking up with," she said, pulling the picture up on her phone.

Shit. I deleted my personal social media because I didn't want anybody to find me and connect me to Niall, and now there had been a picture going around of us? I could only think about what the picture could be...

Was it the lap dance?

Was it when he had his arms around me?

She showed her phone to me, and there was a picture of Niall and me talking.

TALKING. And you couldn't even see my face, just the back of my hair. I was expecting to see a picture from the failed lap dance. This was nothing. My heart rate evened out, and I calmed back down.

I laughed. "I wish that was me! Are there any more pictures?" I asked.

"That's the only one, but whoever she is, she is so lucky. I hate her," the girl said. I laughed nervously again.

"I'm jealous, but I don't hate her. Don't you think that's taking it a little far?" I added.

"No! Niall is mine. I'm going to have his babies and we're going to get married. I don't need some other girl all up on my man," the youngest said. I mentally laughed because to actually laugh out loud would be rude, and I needed to be as kind as possible. The only person who was having his baby right now was me.

"You seem pretty confident," I said instead. 

"She is," another girl shouted. 

"Well have fun at the show," I said, and then left. Tough crowd. This is why I couldn't tell everybody about our secret right away. The entire teenage girl population would flip and the world may end. 

Don't underestimate the power of the One Direction fandom.

I thought about talking to other people, but I was afraid of what else would come. I was still on edge from finding out that there was a picture of us online and I didn't know it. If those girls recognized me, anybody else could. 

I just had to hope that my hair wouldn't give me away.

A/N

Wow the amount of reads have increased so much since the last update thank you so much for reading and voting it makes me so happy c:

I hope you like this update and the future updates, keep reading!

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 62 28
It all started with some tickets but what happens if Brooklyn and her friends find out she gets pregnant? What happens if Harry and the boys can't t...
137K 2.3K 40
When Jasmine and one of her closest friends, Kim go on vacation, they discover that they are staying in the same hotel as the famous boy band, One Di...
35.4K 1.3K 33
I can't help but fall in love with you...
98.3K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...