The Backstage Pass (Camren)

By luxurylolo

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemmingway More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Sequel?
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 33

81K 1.5K 2.4K
By luxurylolo

"Stay still Mila, damn!" Dinah yells, putting the tweezers against my eyebrows once again. I grimace at the contact and flinch in fear.

Tonight was the night. The VMAs were here, and low and behold, I was back to being a nervous, jittery mess of emotions. I've known about this night and my part in it for quite sometime now but I can't help but feel overwhelmed and freaking scared about everything.

I'm not sure how all of this is suppose to go. Tonight's the night we come out as a couple to the world. That alone made me a bit woozy. Not to mention that I'll be automatically pulled into her life now. After tonight, I'll be known as Lauren Jauregui's girlfriend. I don't know how crazed this whole experience will be but I'm willing to go through this for Lauren. That's one thing I'm sure of. This girl loves me.

She loves me.

I've yet to say it back to her yet, not because I don't feel the same, but because I haven't spoken of such a strong feeling for anyone in my life before, well except my mom, Sofi and Dinah...and of course my father when I was younger, but this? This type of love is a completely different type of emotion. It's raw. It's not just a four letter word anymore its an expression of compassion and true undeniable emotion.

I don't know what I feel for Lauren. I know she's my rock. I know she's my comfort zone. I know that she cares for me and sees my inner struggles and scars as beautiful. She's stunning, she's electrifying, she makes my whole body go into a frenzy. Hell, this girl is a breath of fresh fucking air.

She's mine...

No one can take me from her. I'm enthralled by her every move. Everything she does just captures another glimpse of her beauty. I'd do anything for her. Things like let my best friend pluck the almighty fuck out of my eyebrows-

"Ouch! Could you not pluck at my eyebrow like that?" I huff at the yelling girl.

"Shh! Unless you want to look like Oscar the trashcan grouch, Imma need you to shut it." She glares down at me. I roll my eyes, grunting and stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. "Why are you so jittery all of a sudden?"

"I'm not jittery," I sneer. "...but I'd rather not have my eyebrows brutally yanked out of my follicles by your death trap of a tweezer!" I say the gritted teeth, pulling at the small object that was clutched in between Dinah's thumb and index finger. She slaps my hand away, forcefully pushing my head back with a finger to my forehead.

She shakes her head, not responding for a moment as she focuses back on my right brow. A few not so subtle plucks, painful yanks and mild years later she had finally moved on to the other eyebrow.

"Why is this taking so long? I still need to put on my dress, which by the way, I have yet to see! You guys are killing me, it's literally the night of the VMAs and I still have yet to see my dress, what the hell?" I complain.

She ignores that statement as well but clearly decides to shut me up by pinching my cheek with the tweezers, making me yelp in surprise and pain. I grab the side of my face, looking to my best friend in shock, a grimace across my features as I glare at her. "Bitch..." I mutter. I hear her chuckle before she pats my head lightly.

"So...what did you and Lauren get up to last night?" She asks, a knowing smirk on her face.

"Um...nothing, you pervert." I roll my eyes.

"Really now? You guys didn't do anything last night?" She inquired. "Liar." She chuckles when I shake my head no, feigning annoyance at her very nosy inquiries.

"Come on. You and Lauren, one hotel room, one bedroom...one bed..." She trails off. "And you're trying to make me believe that nothing happened? Please." She scoffs.

"I'm not trying to make you believe anything...but I'm here to tell you, nothing did." I shrug nonchalantly.

"So what did you guys do, play Sudoku til' the early morn?" She jokes.

"Yes Dinah, yes we did." I nod, an exasperated expression on my face. "And then we ate animal crackers with jungle juice as well." I say in fake enthusiasm.

"Thanks for the details asswipe." She rolls her eyes.

"You asked." I sport a smug smirk, very pleased with my witty comment, seeing as I can't come up with them often. She sighs, silently admitting defeat before I decide to put her out of her misery.

"She came back, I told her about the Austin situation, to which she flipped her top, and we went to sleep." I shrug. "That's all."

"Did you go to sleep before or after she went to go beat Austin's ass?" She snickers. By now she had grabbed another seat from God knows where and sits down in amusement.

"She didn't mess with Austin." I shake my head, lowering it slightly and chuckling softly to myself. "I calmed her down before she could get out of the room."

"Please," she scoffs. "It took all three of you to hold me back when you told me, no way you 'calmed' her down." She shakes her head. "Seriously," she crosses her arms. "How many bruises does pretty boy have?"

"None!" I groan. "Why are you doubting my abilities to talk sense into my own girlfriend?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Because you can never calm down your own best friend." She casts a skeptical brow in my direction.

"Yeah well you're a hardhead. Besides, with Lauren I have my ways." I mutter, biting my bottom lip to hold back a grin. Dinah's whole face lights up in surprise as her mouth drops in a 'o' shape.

"But you-what did, did you-Mila!" She nearly gasps.

"Ah ah, don't ask, don't tell." I place together my thumb and index finger and swipe it across my shut lips, metaphorically sealing them.

"Not fair! You're suppose to tell me everything, remember? Caminah code!" She insists, pointing out our secret bond of friendship code that we devised when we were six, except now she made a name for it.

"Ca-who now?"

"Camila + Dinah equals Caminah, you idiot. Come on, get with the program Chancho." She taps my head with her pointer finger.

"I'm sorry I'm not so up to date on your weird name mash up scheme." I scoff. "Now hurry up and finish so I can get dressed and dont." I point a stern finger at her. "...dare pinch my cheek again." I rub my still hurt cheek with a pout.

"I'm actually done, but that was for causing me to almost go mad." She smiles. "I haven't gotten dressed either, do you see me complaining?" She asks rhetorically. "I have to stay here and help Miss Drama Queen 2014."

"Whatever, can I get dressed now please?" I clasp my hands together, a pout on my face as I plead to her. She rolls her eyes, almost laughing at my expression.

"Well..." She quickly claps her hands twice. On cue, the bathroom door flings open, revealing a smiling Normani with a box, presumably my dress, and she's holding a curler. Ally was standing against the doorframe, legs crossed and chuckling quietly at my surprise.

"Um-how long have you been in that bathroom-"

"No no, no talking, just walking! Go girly!" Dinah forcefully pulls me up from the chair I was sitting it, and pushing me towards the bathroom door and straight into Normani. Her face was plastered with excitement and she had a smirk so wide it could've cracked her face in half. I got a pat on the back from Ally who assured me that her friend wouldn't harm me...well not if she could help it.

Oh boy...

*****
Lauren's POV
"So that's how that'll go, you got it?" Steven asks. I nod my head in understanding as my make-up stylist applies the blush to my cheeks.

I was in Camila and I's hotel room while she was still getting ready in Ally, Normani, and Dinah's. I was keeping my cool as much as possible but honestly the nervous and jittery feeling I had in the pit of my stomach was starting to get to me.

"What about the interviews?" I question him.

"We'll go over that as soon as I can get you and Camila are finished getting ready." He says. "And the boys were arguing over which key would sound best with your voice, clear that up with them when we arrive alright?" I nod once again and look down to my phone, sending out a quick tweet to my fans.

"@LaurenJauregui: I'm already pumped up! I'm VMA ready! Can't wait for you guys to see tonight's events unfold."

I sigh happily, pretty happy with what tonight would bring.

I'd perform a song of my choosing for the first time, finally accomplishing my goals of making my very own work noticed. Making people joyous with what I do now and trying my best to be an inspiration was great, but I'm finally breaking out of the shell that fame put me in. I'm going to make everyone close to me proud for finally standing up and putting my thoughts out on the table.

And more importantly I'll have the girl that I love right beside me the whole time. She's be there. The one who reminded me of who I am, the one who sees me clearly for who I am, the one who brings out the real me. She'll be there. And honestly that's a good ass feeling to have. To know that someone sees something in you that nobody else can. The person I want to become tonight onstage, the one I've been before my stardom, when the cameras don't roll and when I'm not being a complete opposite representation of myself...that person. That person was brought out by a lovely, beautiful, insightful, strong and courageous pretty brow eyed girl who I love.

I love her.

"Hey are you sure about this?" I hear Steven's rather hesitant voice break through my thoughts. I place my phone in my lap, looking up to my manager with knitted eyebrows. He has a hesitant expression on, biting his lip nervously with both hands pressed together in front of his chest.

"Sure about...the performance?" I squint, slightly pouting in obvious confusion. He shakes his head before sitting on top of the small portion of the table next to me that wasn't littered in makeup and beauty products.

"No no I meant about Camila, the performance is a great idea." He clarifies. My eyebrows shoot up for a split second in surprise before they lower again and draw together.

"...and coming out with my relationship isn't?" I draw out carefully. I can only look over to him for a moment before my makeup stylist is redirecting the position of my head to tilt upwards straight ahead as she applies my lipgloss.

"I'm not saying that specifically Lauren but there are some things to think about here..." He starts, and I can already see myself giving him an earful of my opinion by the tone in his voice.

"It's already pretty risky with this song. A lot is going on, and I personally think it'll do wonders for your career but would you really want to potentially jeopardize that by adding extra unnecessary pressure like a new relationship in the mix?" He explains carefully.

"That song, Steven, that can do wonders for my career, wouldn't even be a topic of conversation if it wasn't for Camila-" I start off sternly, only to be cut off my Steven, his hands raised in defense.

"Don't take this the wrong way, alright?" He begins, sensing my heightened annoyance. "What I mean by that is that it is a lot to deal with for one night and everyone is going to down your throat about not only your change in style, but also your new girlfriend-"

"I'm tired of hiding who I am and what I have Steven. You think I don't know pressure? This has been my life for a good while now." I cut him off. "I've had people coming for me left and right since I signed that contract with you..." I breathe out.

"So then you know what it's like to be pestered all the time about the simplest things." He continues. "I want you to know what you're jumping into right now, because by the end of the night I'm sure you'll be the talk of the town. I don't want you to feel like your world is self-destructing because of what you think you can handle."

By now my makeup was done and I was ready. My stylist had left the room, either to give us some privacy or because of the now awkward stance she held being around for this heated debate; probably both.

I turned around in my seat, finally getting a good look at my manager. He was staring back at me, not in a stern way, not a look of disappointment nor amplifying anger, but a look of pure sincerity. I sigh and close my eyes for a moment.

"Look Steven..." I almost whisper, reopening my eyes to meet his inquiring gaze. "The only way my world will self-destruct tonight is if I can't enjoy it with the people that mean the most to me...including Camila." I emphasized. "Wanna know why?" I ask rhetorically, knowing I'd tell him anyways. "...because that girl across the hall...is my world."

I hear him sigh, rather in defeat, understanding or frustration didn't matter because I kept going.

"I don't care what I have to endure tonight as long as I get to perform my song, and most importantly get to show my girl off to the whole wide world." I smile.

"I know you're worried, and I'm glad that you care about me enough to look out for me...but as long as I have Camila with me tonight, I'll be happier than I could ever imagine, I know it." I sigh in contentment. I place a hand on his knee and look into his eyes. I see a bit of revelation within his eyes. "Okay?"

He takes a big sigh in relief before jumping off of the table and taking my hand, assisting me in standing. "If you're happy...then I can't complain." He smiles.

"I am happy. I really am." I beam up at him.

"Then I won't argue with you squirt." He chuckles. "Now, go get dressed, and go get your girl. I'll meet you downstairs in an hour?" He asks, to which I nod.

And with that, he walks out of the hotel room, closing the door behind him. I take a deep breath and head to the bathroom down the hall.

*****
Camila's POV
"You know how I said I wasn't jittery before?" I ask Dinah. "Well I'm jittery now." I mumble, bouncing one leg up and down in a rapid motion beside my best friend who was now fully dressed just as I was.

I was pleasantly surprised with my dress when I saw it. It was gorgeous, not like a dress at all but a dress nonetheless, I'd say. It was a red long sleeved buckle up. It hugged my body nicely and reached to the top of my knees and there was a small slit between the neck buckle and where the buckles for the body started to show slight cleavage. I was, as Dinah said 'hella vella' whatever that means.

"I'm not surprised." She chuckles. "You've spent all day pretending to seem like you're the most level-headed person on Earth. I knew you'd crash and burn soon." She shrugs, typing on her phone.

"Remind me why I'm friends with you again?" I slump to the side of the couch, playfully scrutinizing my best friend.

"Easy," she raises an eyebrow. "I seem to attract dorks to my doorstep, and you yourself, are indeed a dork." She gives me a pointed look. "Usually I'd turn them away but you were like that cute baby that got dropped on my step, I couldn't not let you in, you were adorably dorky. A special kind of dorkism if you may..." She deadpans. "I had no choice but to keep you around."

"Wow, I love you too." I chuckle at her exaggerated explanation.

"I know you do, dork...buuuuut," she tilts her body from side to side, squinting her eyes. " I guess I love you more." She smiles at me. I return the gesture right as a knock comes to the door. Dinah looks at the door and then back to me with a smug smile.

"And if my guessing skills are good, then that's your girlfriend." She pats my knee before standing up and straightening her dress out. "You go answer the door, while I go get Mani and Ally." She winks, heading off down the hall.

With a big sigh, my nerves still screaming with anxiousness, I lift myself from the couch. I walk over carefully to the hotel door, my black stilettos clicking lightly against the floor, as my hands tangle themselves together.

When I reach the door, I grasp the knob, pulling it open to have my jaw almost drop. I see my gorgeous girlfriend standing there, a bouquet of flowers within her hands, he red laces dress flowing perfectly as her eyes look into mine. All my nerves turn into butterflies staring at this stunning girl in front of me as I smile widely, taking her in.

"Good evening pretty brown eyes." Her smooth voice greets me.

I know she's said it multiple times, but whenever she uses the nickname, I find myself blushing every time. I glance at the floor and bite my lip, before looking at her again, still quite in awe.

"Hello there gorgeous green eyes." I smile. I see a light blush find its way to her cheeks as she looks me over, smiling widely as she ogled at me.

"You look absolutely stunning Camz." She compliments. She hands me the flowers to which I gladly accept, smelling them. I took in the rosy scent, eyes closed before looking back up to her.

"You look beautiful as well, thank you for the flowers baby."

She steps into the room, placing her hands on my waist as she kisses me ever so softly on the lips. I take one of my hands off of the bouquet to rest on her cheek, not letting her pull away so soon, not that I think she had planned on it. I feel her smile into my lips, her thumbs rubbing tiny circles on my waist as I sigh in contentment.

"I'd tell you two to stop and all, but hot damn." Dinah's voice appears.

We reluctantly pull away and see Dinah, Normani and Ally all standing in the opening of the hall, all giving us smirks. Lauren and I hadn't moved from our position as she giggled quietly into my neck.

"Aren't they just adorable." Ally says in awe.

"Yeah Lauren's blush is more red than her dress." Normani teases, receiving snickers from the other two girls beside her.

Lauren finally pulls away from me, grabbing and intertwining our fingers before looking at the three girls with a smile. "You all look wonderful," she compliments. "You guys ready?" She asks.

"Ready." They all say in unison.

She looks down at me for an answer, as I get lost in her eyes. With her hand in mine, I feel a sense of security that only she can provide me, and I sigh almost in relief but mostly in contentment having the green eyed girl with me.

"Ready." I whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 926 22
Ever felt like you never really remembered what you had for dinner the night before? You always had that feeling of not knowing anything. Why? You're...
3.9K 216 12
It was unexpected at first, a pop star with a bad past and a girl who's lost everything. But they were able to make it work out... at first. "Why do...
994 54 8
Science? or Fact? Only fate can tell.
3.6K 105 10
A texting story where Camila gets a random from someone she doesn't know at all, but can randomly trust...