The Backstage Pass (Camren)

By luxurylolo

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemmingway More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Sequel?
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 32

64.8K 1.5K 4.5K
By luxurylolo

"Austin?"

"Why hello there pretty young thing." He smirks. He raises both hands and chuckles for a bit, standing back as he notices my hesitant stare.

"Sorry to just barge in, but I never quite caught your name back at the venue there..." He drags out, hoping to earn my name in response.

"Uh Camila." I squint my eyes, taking in his intimidating stance.

He had taken his foot out of the door, releasing the blockage that he had made in it closing, but had moved to prop his shoulder against the frame, hands tucked in his jacket pockets, and a smug grin on his face.

"Well Camila," he reaches his hand out for me to take in which I hesitantly accept. "I'm very sorry for earlier today. I guess you can say that Lauren and I don't quite...see eye to eye on things." He chuckles. "I guess that she might've told you a few things about me but trust..." He smiles as he kisses my hand, eyeing me the whole time. I cringe at the unfamiliar feel of his cold lips on my skin, the sensation not anywhere near as warm and inviting as my girlfriend's. "...I don't bite." He winks.

"Oh I never thought that you did per say," I laugh uncomfortably, slowly retracting my hand out of his grasp. "She just has a bit of a skeptic outlook on your...intentions, I guess." I try to explain as nicely as possible without offending the guy.

"Totally understandable." He shrugs. "Maybe she's just anxious that we're both nominated for outbreak artist of the year tomorrow, no need for her to stress though. We both know who's had the better year." He laughs, cockily popping his collar.

"Where did she just go off to by the way?" He points back in the direction of the elevators, indicating that he obviously saw Lauren leaving a few moments ago.

"Oh um, a fitting. Making sure everything is all good for tomorrow night-uh not to be rude or anything but is there something that you needed? I kind of have something I needed to attend to." I lie, pointing back into the hotel room.

Of course I didn't have anything to do back inside the room but the awkward tension from the vibe that Austin was eliciting was starting to make me feel a little uneasy.

"Yes yes." He grins. "I was just going to ask for your number so that I could take you out sometime." He bluntly requested. I let out an uncomfortable chuckle before shaking my head lightly.

"I uh I'm sorry but I actually can't. Thanks for the offer though. Um see ya around." I smile, nodding quickly as I attempt to shut the door once again, this time having his hand push it back open further than last time.

The door was now about all the way open, and his smile only got bigger if possible. He slowly inched his way into the hotel room, stepping just through the door frame, now standing in front of the couch. He took one hand from out of his pockets and rub his chin a bit, his snapback covering his facial features for a moment before he looked back up.

"Camila you're a gorgeous girl. I'm a handsome young man." He grabs his collar stretching it out a bit while smirking to himself and releasing the leather fabric. "Playing hard to get is pointless, you know you want to go out with me doll."

Is this guy freaking serious right now?

I shake my head and furrow my eyebrows, looking at the taller boy before me as he looks back at me expectantly. As I try to fathom his sentence to make a response he speaks again.

"Why are you so hesitant to give me your number? I can see us being great friends." He rubs his hands together, sizing me up as if I was a new piece of lean meat.

"Uh let's just say I'm not exactly emotionally available..."

"What are you taken?" He scoffs. "No problem. I like a challenge. I bet I could steal you from this guy. Where is he?" He opens his arms wide in question.

"Oh closer than you think..." I mumble, looking down to the floor.

Just thinking of Lauren and how she would react if she knew what was currently taking place. She'd flip her shit. I bet she'd ram his face into the wall, not before kicking him in an very uncomfortable spot.

Sadly thinking of what she'd do isn't helping me right now considering that she just left this hotel. Maybe if it isn't too late I could call...no she's definitely on the way by now, and with it being the weekend for the VMAs along with regular LA traffic on a Saturday evening, I'd be lucky if she got back here within the next hour of a call.

I think back to those few books that I read on karate and jujitsu when I was a freshman and find myself pondering if I could remember any information from those documents. I then mentally scold myself for only seeking out to read books on self defense instead of going out and signing up for classes like any normal teenager would do.

I was brought from my thoughts as I felt myself being pulled. I looked to see Austin, both pointer fingers slipped into a belt loop on either side of my jeans. He slowly, but forcefully dragged my body into his until our hips met. My eyes widened at the sudden contact as I looked into his eyes and saw the devilish expression on his face.

"Whoever you're dating...obviously wouldn't have a thing on me...so how about you just give me your number, and I'll call you tonight, sound fair?" He smirks. I gulp down heavily whatever amount of saliva I could conjure up in my dry throat as he stared into my eyes.

"Or you could plant one on me right here and I'll show you just how good I can make you feel."

His face was now dangerously close to mine and I could feel his breath tickle my lips. With his fingers still laced in the notches on my jeans, I had no way of backing away from him. I slowly backed my head away from his and let out a shaky breath.

"I'll make you forget all about whoever you're with, c'mon now." He pulls me in again. "I won't go down without a fight."

"Oh yes you will." I hear a familiar voice call from behind me.

Austin's head snaps up from me and in the direction of the still widely opened door. I too decide to glance backwards and are met with two faces that at the moment, I couldn't be any more glad to see right now.

Austin's grip on me vanishes as he steps back an inch, his face softening only a slight bit and a fake smile appearing on it as well.

"Normani, Ally." He exclaims. "Long time no see eh?" I turn around fully in a very awkward stance now, still breathing rather unevenly as I send the two lifesavers a very nervous smile.

They return the gesture quickly before looking back to Austin. Normani had a box clutched under her right arm, the other arm propped on her hip as she stared the boy down. Ally had both brows raised and with her arms crossed as she had released the luggage she was once holding.

"What the hell are you doing here Mahone?" Normani speaks through gritted teeth.

"Just ya know, checking around. Seeing whose in the hotel this year and whatnot...making friends." He shrugs, shoving his hand back into his pockets.

"Hm really? Got a bit too friendly there don't ya think?" Her eyes finding mine before sending daggers back into his.

"Well what can I say...I'm a very sociable person-"

"Yeah, cut the bullshit. Get out." She nods her head behind her and Ally before the pair both step aside making a pathway for him to walk through.

He sighs and rolls his eyes in annoyance before looking over at me. He throws me a charming smile and walks over to me, stopping a few feet short before reaching me.

"I'll see you around pretty young thing." He winks.

"Now Austin!" Normani yells. He finally obliges and makes his way slowly out of the hotel room. When he makes his way between Ally and Normani he gives them a cheesy smile in which the return a look of complete disgust. Once outside the door he turns on his heels to address us once more.

"You ladies have a great nigh-" He's cut off as Ally slams the door in his face with a shocking amount of force.

"Wow. You're really strong for a little person." Normani compliments. She smiles giving the shorter girl a high five. "Good job."

"Are you okay?" Ally asks carefully as they both make their way over to me.

"Barely." I breathe out.

They both seem to sense my tense state and engulf me in a giant group hug. I breathe out in relief to feel the comfort in their arms opposed to the touch of Austin's. I take a few deep breaths while still in their embrace before they slowly release me, rubbing my back in hopes to calm me down.

"I'm so glad you guys just popped up." I manage a small smile.

"Oh we were already on our way over. Lauren wanted us to drop off your dress for tomorrow." Normani holds up the box in her hands. "Luckily we showed at the right time." She sighs. "What'd that douche say to you?"

"Basically that he wants my number and to go out sometime." I huff. "And when I mention very politely that I am emotionally unavailable he pushed himself on me saying he could take me from whatever guy I was dating." I roll my eyes.

"Guy?" Ally chuckles. "Wow he's more of a dumbass than I thought. When Lauren called us she mention your little encounter earlier...you'd think he would've gotten the message that you're with Lauren from that."

"I wish." I shake my head, placing the palm of my hand on my forehead to unjumble my brain before addressing them with a new topic. "Anyways, let's see that dress?" I smile.

"Nope." Normani smiles. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before turning to the shorter girl beside her who was sporting a matching grin. "You can't open this until tomorrow night before the show. Lauren's orders."

I was about to protest the older girl before I was cut off by her waving finger and a snickering Ally beside her.

"I don't make the rules, I just follow them." She smirks. "Now, I'm hungry and I left my grandma's snickerdoodles back in the room, in your suitcase." She squints as if trying to remember while pointing at Ally. She received a nod from the small girl as they make their way out of the room, Ally grabbing the luggage she had initially came in with.

"Wait so, that's not your luggage?" I call out to them.

"Oh no. We've been here for hours already." Normani explains. "This luggage is that of our suit mate for the next 48 hours." She gestures down to the bags in Ally's grip.

"Wait a minute..." I squint, scrutinizing the luggage I was seeing. "I've seen that duffle bag before-"

"DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR DMAC?!" My best friend appears from the elevator. A loud entrance of course being her favorite.

"Dinah?" I almost gasp. "What the hell are you doing here?" I smile widely.

She walks over, patting Ally's head briefly, the shorter one sticking her tongue out at the Polynesian girl beside her as she strolls over to me. She had on her goofy money shades, 'SWAG' beanie, and of course her 'Like a BOSS' t-shirt.

"I might've gotten a call from a certain pop star saying that she had a very inviting seat beside my best friend at the VMAs...and a backstage pass to hang with her and her girlfriend after the show." She says trying her best to hide her obvious eagerness.

"Are you serious?!" My jaw drops. "You're coming with us tomorrow? You're gonna be there with us?" My excitement showing through my raised voice.

"I'll be there Mila." She smiles. I waste no time jumping onto my best friend, wrapping my arms and legs around the taller girl as I squeal into her neck. She giggles, squeezing me tightly as I sigh in contentment.

The nervous feeling that was buried within me about tomorrow night began to dissipate knowing that Dinah would be there alongside me. It set my mind at ease to know I wouldn't be the only one not knowing a thing about whats going on around me among all these celebrities tomorrow. I'd be in the midst of Lauren's family, best friends, my best friend and of course my girlfriend. Tomorrow was going to be alright.

"We'll leave you two here until Lo gets back." Normani smiles, as her and Ally look at the endearing moment before them.

"And don't you dare try sneaking a peak at your dress missy." Ally points a finger at me. We told Dinah to make sure that you don't."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I wave her off. "I'd rather not get a poly beat down before tomorrow." I chuckle, looking to Dinah who has now placed me back down on the ground and is cracking her knuckles in mock intimidation.

*****
"I still wanna beat his ass Camz." She pulls away from me before trying once again to go for the door. I rush over to stand in front of her before her hand reaches the knob. I grab the latter before she can and turn to face her.

"Wow I really should've called backup before I told you." I half-joke.

"Damn right you should have." She nods. "Now move, I can't believe they even trusted us in the same hotel together, they know how much I want to beat his stupid little face in." She growls, trying her best to push me out of the way of the door.

"Baby baby baby, wait okay." I press the heel of my hands against her stomach lightly. "Its alright, Mani and Ally took care of it. I don't think he'll be trying to mess with me anymore." I try reassuring her.

"And you'll be sure that he won't once I re-arrange his teeth." She nudges me out of the way.

I huff out in annoyance at my girlfriend. I love that she's being so protective, and as hot as I find it, her going after Austin right now will only cause more problems.

I see her go for the door again, this time actually opening it and almost stepping out before my final plot to get her to stay pops into my mind. I quickly grab her hand and pull her back, twisting her around to face me. My other hand slams the door closed once again before I force the green eyed singer up against it.

She looks at me with anger still visible in her eyes, but now an expression of shock as I grip her shoulder tightly and press my body against hers.

"You're staying in this room, do you understand me?" I whisper into her ear. I hear her gulp, before I take her earlobe in between my teeth, nibbling on it softly. I hear her breath hitch as a small whimper is released from her lips, making me smile against her skin.

"You told me we'd pick up where we left off before you left, remember?" I whisper in an even more raspy tone before placing a few kisses to her neck. I feel her arch her neck a bit, giving me more access to the exposed skin. "Don't you remember?" I ask, nipping at the soft skin along her jawline. I feel her shakily nod and mumbling an 'mhm'.

"That can't happen if you go beat up Austin now can it?" I begin to place open mouthed kisses along her neck and now she was letting out soft and almost inaudible moans. "Can it?" I say with a demanding tone as I bite down on her neck harshly.

"Ah-no...no it can't." She moans.

"That's what I thought..." I smirk. She grabs my hips as I slowly back us away from the door and down the hall towards the bedroom. I had this girl under my spell right now and I was loving it.

"Now, I think you should make good on that promise."

"With pleasure." She mumbles, as she pushes me into the room, slamming the door shut behind her.

L.A. is so my new favorite place to be.
-------------------------------------------------
A/N: Guys I still don't ship Camaustin/Ausmila, but Camila opened up to a few fans today and said that people may get so worked up over it but its just a lack of information that's causing trouble. She said Austin treats her like "a freaking princess" and honestly that just made me happy as hell to know. She's happy, and I'm more than glad about that, no matter who's the cause of it.

Anyways, thanks for reading, ALSO FREAKIN 200K reads. WTF GUYS! YOUR SUPPORT IS AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY FOR CONTINUING TO READ THIS. I wasn't going to update today but I got one of the sweetest messages that I've ever read and it made my day, so I got my lazy ass to writing. You're all just freaking rad.

I love you. xxx -Jaz ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fated. By Shenhe

Fanfiction

627 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...
108K 3.5K 33
Read and find out
443K 14.1K 27
"You are nothing but a game to me." // Camren (AU) // the devil's right there, right there in the details and you don't want to hurt yourself, hurt...
22K 610 8
Things are not as bad as they seem... Camila will soon learn that a misunderstanding could lead to something so real she didn't even know she wanted