On Our Block

By Rainha_Ray

Jamal's older cousin comes to Freeridge to finish high school, if you thought Monse was a problem starter the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two(important Changed Ending!)
'Our New Block' Is Up!!!
New Question
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three *
Chapter Forty Four *
Chapter Forty Five*
Chapter Forty Six*
Chapter Forty Seven*
Chapter Forty Eight*

Chapter Eighteen

2.7K 91 4
By Rainha_Ray

Amara POV...

I just look at the group as they decide to commit wire fraud.

Jamal:Amara? You're the closet one to eighteen...

Me:I'll kill a person before I steal.

Ruby;It isn't really stealing.

Me:It is when money that's worth nothing is traded in for money that's worth something. Stealing.

Monse:fine all we need for you to do is get us to the house and we'll be good, right?

Me:Sure.

I put my head down and Jamal lays his head on my shoulder.

Time Skip...

I stand outside as Jamal and Ruby do the test run on the money. I look at my phone and see I got a notification.

Oscar:We need to talk...

Me:About?

Oscar:Don't act stupid.

Me:Good thing I really don't know what you are talking about.

Oscar:Where are you?

Me:Out...

I mute my phone and see Jamal and ruby come out smiling.

Me:It worked?

Jamal:Yup amazingly. Let's go.

We meet up with Monse and Jasmine who just got done throwing up and see that it worked. We all walk down the street making plans.

Monse:Cesar's gonna be so happy.

And the mood just died a little bit.

Ruby:Where's Jasmine?

Me:Behind us catching her breath.

He turns around and calls her but she holds up a finger. Saying how she probably number three'd herself. We laugh and continue to walk until a dude in car calls Monse name.

Man:Aye Monse! Where that bitch ass boyfriend of yours at?

Man2:Hey, we already know he ain't at your pops spot no more, so where he at then?

Man:Aye ain't you Spookys girl?

I just raise an eyebrow and put my hand on my hip.

Me:Get the fuck on looking like some damn dirty ass leprechauns. Especially you with the tattoos on yo face. We don't affiliate with em no more now stop harassing lil kids.

Man3:Yo I think this the shorty latrelle was talking about, he called her ass stallion!

I roll my eyes and turn to walk away, but I hear him speak again.

Man:Yeah we already know what's up with you, Ruby.

He imatates a gun shooting and I see all of them jump I pull ruby behind me and I glare at him.

Man2:Santo Killer though!

They pull off I turn and look at ruby and he starts to hyperfinallate. He looks to me and connects to me hugging me extremely tight. I hold him and I motion for all of them to come on.

Once we make it to where Cesar is staying ruby finally breaks from his silence and starts banging and yelling for Cesar to open the door. Monse and Jamal went home so its just me and ruby. I look around the house seeing stupid painting of a safe.

Ruby:Everyone went home expcept for me and Amara. No one knows we're here. Shit. Shit. Shit!

Cesar:Breath okay?

They grab each other and ruby snaps.

Ruby:This is never gonna end! Latrelle won't ever go away. We're gonna be looking over our shoulder all of our lives. We have to go to the police.

I feel my heart break even more seeing ruby so scared. He's so used this stuff but at the same time he's not. He's seen It but has never been in it.

Ruby:Yeah, we could go to the police.

Cesar:The police? What are they gonna do? They already know latrelle's back in town and they are not doing shit!

Ruby:Then we're dead...

Me:No you aren't, we aren't. Ruben please have just a little more faith please. Okay?

Ruby:Faith? How can I have faith when they just roll up randomly and torment us! You haven't spoken this much in weeks! They know who you are they know all of us! What's going to stop them! They are gonna kill us all.

Me:Have faith, sometimes things that seem to only get darker end up being the brightest. And I may be one person but I meant it when I said that if it meant you all living fid lay my life down for you guys. Ruby you are gonna live to see all of your graduations, all your children growing up and grandchildren. You will live until you die of old age.

Cesar:Same for me, compa. No one will touch you guys if I have a say in it, not anymore. Alright? Now go into the bathroom and wash your face and breathe.

He nods and walks away. I wipe the tear that started to fall. No more tears, Cesar rubs his head and yells.

Cesar:God dammit!

I see him go towards the stupid ass painting and pull it to the side and type in a code and pull out a gun. I frown as he looks at me.

Me: What are you bout to do?

Cesar:I got to do this.

Me:Want me to come with?

Cesar:Nah, make sure he gets home, and promise me that you'll go see if I'm a tio, with my brother? He deserves to be happy in some aspect.

I nod and he lifts his hood about to leave.

Me:Cesar!

He looks at me.

Me:Check the gun. You don't know how long it was in there or what was done to it... And if you hear them whistle? You run like your life depends on it. Because it will.

He nods and leaves. Just then ruby comes out.

Me: let's go the Uber is outside.

Time Skip...

I walk to Oscar's house, it's early in the morning and honestly I don't even want to be here. But I said I'd go and see if he was gonna be an uncle and I want Oscar and me to be on good terms whether I am or aren't. I don't even care to be back with him at this point.

I knock on the screen door and ruffle my hair, something told me to keep ym braids in for a week longer. I see Oscar swing the door open and look at me. I look at him and he opens the door letting me in. I walk into the house and stand in the living room, he stands his arms crossed looking down at me.

Me:*sighs* The only reason I'm here is because Cesar made me promise to go see if he's a uncle... With you.

He looks me up and down before his tough guys stance is lowered slightly.

Oscar:Why did he say that so randomly?

Me:Because he went to finish the job...

Oscar:*grits teeth* What job Amara.

Me:The one that turned his life upside down, they rolled up on us and ruby went to tell him and he went out but he wouldn't let me come and now I'm here...

He looks at me and curses under his breath. He rubs his head then turns back to me.

Oscar:Hasn't it been a month or something? Why haven't you gone already?!

I start to play in my hair pulling on the curls before he pulls my hands away from it.

Me:I'm scared okay? I said after two months if I don't start showing signs or symptoms of pregnancy I won't go, because I probably won't be pregnant... And I was scared of what I might do if I found out I was pregnant... What my family might do, my friends, what it'd mean for me and the child. How our lives may end up being, how our future will look. How my mom and dad told me to not follow in there footsteps because it'll bring so much heart ache and pain, how you'll always be scared to let them go outside to play with the neighborhood kids. How you won't want them to spend time with their father because of what he does and you won't know that, that 1 hour that you didn't call was when they actually got hurt. and that's exactly what I did. So it scared me especially since I didn't have anyone to confide in who's never had to go through this besides them. Manny said he'd help but I'd never put such a life changing task on someone who didn't even remotely help with it. Then I slipped into this major ass depression that to be honest I'm still in and I don't know what to do because who can I actually talk to about all of this when nobody has the time or energy to? Everyone has life changing shit going on so nobody has time for me or my teenage life bullshit. I missed my AP tests, I missed finals I'm shocked I'm still going to be promoted but who knows those teachers probably didn't even notice me gone. Then to find out Tyree only fucked with me to finish his intitaton into some gang because I was yours and to make you mad and now I'm stuck here feeling discarded and lost and now I'm ranting to a fucking guy who probably has never even cared about me and is probably getting pissed off... I'll just go I'm waiting your time.

I walk passed him wiping tears that has somehow soaked my whole face. I walk to the hallway but I feel him grab my arm and pull me into his arms. I sob into his arms clinging to him. He rocks us back and forth slowly, he kisses my head, I hear him murmuring a few things behind the sobs.

Oscar:Stop crying,cariño. I got you, I promise. Lo siento. Breathe calm down.

I feel him pull me away and we sit down and he grabs some tissue and wipes my face. I ring my fingers around each other he grabs my hands and lifts my head.

Oscar:I'm sorry, okay? I was wrong to treat you like that I shouldn't have blown up at you like that, I was just scared. The last thing anyone needs is a child being born into this life. I regret putting my brother into this and the last thing I'd want is my child to be. But I also didn't look at how much it'd also effect you and your life. Whether I left or not you'd always be connected with that child in more ways than I would ever be and I didn't realize that. I do love you and you have to be crazy to not believe that. No matter what I'm going through you can always come and talk to me you are never alone. I promise you. Now let's go. Go wash your face.

He kisses right under my eyes and I get up and walk to the bathroom and splash water onto my face and see the red eyes staring back at me with bags underneath. I huff and take a deep breath. I dry my face and walk out. I see Oscar with his shoes on and a black shirt. We walk to his car and he opens the door for me.

I lay on the bed thing as the doctor grabs the sonogram machine thingy and she ruby the gel on my stomach. The lights get turned off by the assistant and we look to the screen. She rubs the wand over my lower stomach pressing firmly against it.

Doctor:Well...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 53.3K 188
where a turn of events take you on a new road. streets of freeridge. I dont own On my block. But you best believe i own the stupid ideas i write in...
124K 2.3K 44
Best friends. That was just it, no feelings for each other, no romantic ties towards each other. Just two people, a girl and a guy who are best frie...
37.4K 1K 83
Stassie a Russian Princess and heiress to the two biggest mobs, is out trying to expand her parents legacy. Literally. Sending her to the other big m...
6.5K 245 20
"Promises are for life. You can't just pay your dues and expect it to be done and over with after one time." That's what Alana's Abuelo told her when...