Squad 6 | COMPLETED

Autorstwa PanicAtTheAttack

In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home... Więcej

A quick note
Chapter 1- Cassandra
Chapter 2- Andrew
Chapter 3- Cassandra
A/N
A/N
Chapter 4- Diana
Chapter 5- Andrew
Chapter 6- Bill
Chapter 7- Cassandra
Chapter 8- Chloe
Chapter 9- Cassandra
Chapter 10- Diana
Chapter 12- Chloe
Chapter 13- Bill
Chapter 14- Diana
Chapter 15- Cassandra
Chapter 16- Bill
Chapter 17- Chloe
Chapter 18- Andrew
Chapter 19- Cassandra
Chapter 20- Chloe
Chapter 21- Diana
Chapter 22- Andrew
Chapter 23- Bill
Chapter 24- Chloe
Chapter 25- Cassandra
Chapter 26- Diana
Chapter 27- Chloe
Chapter 28- Diana
Chapter 29- Andrew
Chapter 30- Bill
Chapter 31- Chloe
Chapter 32- Bill
Chapter 33- Cassandra
Chapter 34- Bill
Chapter 35- Diana
Chapter 36- Andrew
Chapter 37- Cassandra
Chapter 38- Diana
Chapter 39- Chloe
Chapter 40- Cassandra
Chapter 41- Chloe
Chapter 42- Andrew
Chapter 43- Cassandra
Chapter 44- Bill
Chapter 45- Diana
Chapter 46- Bill
Chapter 47- Chloe
Chapter 48- Diana
Chapter 49- Bill
Chapter 50- Cassandra
Chapter 51- Diana
Chapter 52- Andrew
Chapter 53- Bill
Chapter 54- Cassandra
Epilogue- Andrew
Author's Note- What's next?
I am not dead

Chapter 11- Andrew

1.9K 152 68
Autorstwa PanicAtTheAttack

Andrew 

The air was brisk unlike the one at Heathrow airport. People bustled about central London, surrounded by grand buildings. Some were talking on the phone, while others hurried on with their day. Tourists roamed the street-- you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the crowd if not for an occasional rainbow umbrella as the rain began to fall for the second time that morning.

Andrew moved like a shadow, crossing the populated streets and weaving through the crowds. It was his first time in London and he would have taken more time to compare it to Paris where he had grown up if he was not plagued by the thoughts of how the mission would play out. Majesty's people had slowly begun to take charge, posing as staff and guests, unbeknownst to 5 out of 6 members of Squad 6. Andrew hadn't dared to go inside for fear of being recognized, instead lingering outside for a bit before leaving, the guilt beginning to grow at the pit of his stomach.

He took a sharp left, sighing in relief as he saw the black SUV at the red light. He swung the car door open, climbing inside.

"You're late, Jackson."

Andrew took off his sunglasses and glared at Cassandra, a smirk playing on his lips. "You're early."

He buckled his seat-belt glancing her way. She looked different now than she did in Phi. Somehow more relaxed. Until he met her, Andrew had never thought he could be intimidated by a 5'7 female. If her need for a shower was enough to make him crap his pants, then what was she like on the field? His heart rate picked up as he realized that he was about to find out.

"What's the situation?"

"There's not that many people yet, so pretty calm."

"How much do you want to bet Majesty has secured the building top to bottom?"

I don't, Andrew thought.

"What were you doing?" Andrew asked. He had come to the hotel alone and received a call from Cassandra a couple of minutes later.

"Work," she said, as the light turned green and the SUV sped down the road, before it came to a sudden halt and turned off.

"Not again. This is the third fucking time," Cassandra swore, hitting the steering wheel.

The cars honked, maneuvering around the SUV. Rain had begun to fall harder, blurring the outside world. The car crawled as Andrew watched Cassandra struggle to drive. Not even five seconds later, it turned off again.

"Fuck you," Cassie said, leaning into the seat.

Andrew chuckled. What was that about field work he wanted to know?

"What are you laughing at? It's not funny this thing isn't working." She tried to start the car but it didn't budge. She let out a frustrated sigh. "Cazzo!"

Andrew burst into laughter.

"Jackson, if you don't stop laughing I will make you."

"How did you do 'work' when you can't even get the car to start?"

She gave him a pointed look. "Shut up."

Andrew raised his hands in a defensive manner. "Sorry, I just thought you know how to drive."

"And I thought you had at least a few brain cells but hey, I guess I was wrong."

Andrew unbuckled his seat-belt and stepped out.

"Where—" He slammed the door shut, muffling Cassandra's question and crossed to the right side, opening the driver's door.

Cassandra rolled down the window. "I've got this," she shouted through the rain.

Andrew swung the driver's door open, ignoring the honking he was getting from other, less insane drivers. Not that there were any, cause Britain felt the need to drive on the wrong side of the road, which was as insane as it got. "Make this easy on yourself and let me drive."

She reluctantly scooted over to the passenger seat, buckling herself with more force than needed.

As the car glided down the road, Andrew moved wet hair out of his eyes. The London rain wasn't screwing around.

They stopped at the red light, an uncomfortable silence filling the car.

"I didn't know you were Italian," he said.

Cassandra shrugged. "You're French, so what?"

Andrew shook his head, reminding himself he didn't really know Cassandra at all. "Nothing."

The rain fell on the car rhythmically in contrast to the silent car. It resembled the sound of a gloved hand hitting a punching bag. Andrew recalled the last time he had practiced boxing in the training room. He was sweating, hitting the bag punch after punch. George watched in satisfaction and Andrew felt defeated not being able to flip him off. His wrist was beginning to hurt from the force of his punches and the fact that his hands weren't in the proper position. It was well past midnight. Andrew's thoughts had grown darker with the night, dreading the flight to London.

"Jackson!"

Andrew hit the breaks. The tires screeched, threatening to slip on the road and halting mere centimeters from the Jeep in front.

"You might want to watch the road."

Andrew said nothing. Cassandra's cold stare had brought him back to the cruel reality. He had a mission. He was here for one reason only. Ne l'oblie pas, he thought. Don't forget it.

The car slipped into an underground garage. He dusted off his jeans upon exiting and crossed the short distance to the elevator. His shoulders were tense as Cassandra entered the elevator after him. Despite all the jokes they'd made, he didn't trust her and she didn't trust him.

When they finally reached the suite, Andrew almost sighed in relief.

"We're back."

Lee was hunched at a table, laptop and maps all around him. Papers were scrunched on the floor in multiple piles. Bill was slouched over the couch, switching channels blindly and eating popcorn, some falling from his hand and onto his work uniform.

"How was it?" Lee asked.

Andrew took of the jacket and sat at the kitchen table. "Everything's clear. No suspicious activity," he lied. Cassandra was right not to trust the way things seemed.

Cassandra walked back in, wearing an over-sized T-shirt and a pair of leggings, beginning to read over the papers at the table and study the maps.

Andrew looked down at his wet jeans and T-shirt. A single chill ran down his back as he unstuck the front of the shirt from his skin.

"We'll go in one by one, at different times. It will be less suspicious and chances of confrontation in broad daylight are reduced."

Andrew studied Cassandra's face. She looked relaxed talking about this. But, she didn't know how complicated it was. For Andrew, this mission and getting it right- Maya's life depended on it. For some of these people, toying with lives might be a game to play, but Andrew had to protect more than his own life.

"Reduced doesn't mean it can't happen," Bill sat upright, switching the TV off.

"Reduced means be careful and don't die. I can't guarantee your safety, Bill. You know that."

Bill got up, walking out the door, the door slamming behind him.

Andrew checked the time. Bill better be heading for his shift.

Cassandra shook her head. "We have another hour until we have to be in position. Lee, how's hacking the system going?"

Lee pushed a button on the keyboard, showing something to Cassandra. "I've been watching the cameras for a while. A few people have come in and out but no one known to Phi's data base."

"Do a background check on whoever enters. I want to identities, dates of birth, education, what they had for breakfast, where they last slept and with whom."

Neither noticed when Andrew walked to the bedroom. He needed to clear his head. What he did, what he was about to do- it could kill someone. He ran a hand through his hair, sitting on the edge of the king-sized bed. He was doing what's right, he couldn't question that.

He heard Diana talking in the bathroom as he changed from his jeans and shirt into a suit. He slipped a gun in his waistband and slipped a knife into a pocket on the inside of the tux jacket.

"Jackson, you should get going now," Cassandra said through the ear piece.

"You couldn't have just come and told me to get out," Andrew joked when he re-entered the living room and went for the door.

"Just go. Lee sent you the address."

#

Andrew checked to see the hallway was empty, before knocking on the door. He took a step back, a gun ready in his sweaty hand.

A man's appeared in the doorway, going pale when he found himself face to face with a barrel.

"Step inside or your boss will be wiping your face off the walls." Andrew stepped into the suite, closing the door while keeping the man at gunpoint.

A short, pale lady stood frozen at the kitchen counter. "Qu'est-ce que c'est?" she asked, the coffee cup in her hand shaking. "What is this?"

The sound of French registered with Andrew, stopping him for a moment. He hadn't heard it being spoken in a long time. Maya had encouraged him to speak English when he was little and as of last year, stopped speaking French with him all together. He inspected the lady. She had dark brown hair and soft brown eyes, a few wrinkles showing when she frowned.

"Take a seat," he told her in French, trying to be as gentle as possible. She didn't look anything like his mother so he didn't know why harming her caused him such turmoil.

He tied the woman and her chauffeur. "Your boss should've sent you here with more protection." The words glided off his tongue naturally, liberating him.

"S'il-vous plait," the woman began. "I don't know what they're doing. My boss sent me here to attend a meeting for him, nothing else. Please."

Andrew's heart tightened, as he raised his gun.

The woman closed her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. When he accepted to eliminate her, he thought she's know about the weapons or at least be trained.

"Merde," he swore. He'd never killed anyone. "Where's your car parked?"

The chauffeur let out a shaky breath. "The underground garage."

"Keys?"

"Front pocket of my jacket," he stuttered.

He lowered his gun, slipping his hand inside the man's jacket and then slammed the back of his gun at the man's head, knocking him out.

"I'm sorry, but I have no choice," he told the woman.

He ran a hand through his hair, locking the suite doors. They won't they knocked out for more than five minutes, but he hoped the time they'd take to free themselves would be enough.

The elevator door closed with a ding. Andrew took in deep breaths, leaning his hands onto the metal wall, his heart the only thing he could hear.

"Phi's bringing in someone important. She's going to try and stop Majesty from getting the weapons. I want you to get in her way," George had told him.

The training room felt warmer than usual. Andrew had begun to sweat again, this time not due to exercise. His head was spinning with information. No wonder Maya rebelled against this insane plan. They were going in on their own off of hunches and eavesdropped conversations. 

"I'll put you on her team. You need to earn her trust, see what she knows about Majesty. She's a vicious little thing, she knows way more than she lets on."

"What about the mission? If she's a good enough to figure all of this out her own, what makes you think she'll tell me anything or allow me to get close?"

"I've seen how she treated her teammates. They were family to her. She'll do anything she can to protect the people she takes under her wing."

Andrew bit the inside of his cheek.

"Majesty will have people everywhere. They'll contact you when it's time. All you need to do is provide them with the information they ask."

"What if she figures out I betrayed her?"

"She better not," George threatened.

The elevator doors dinged and Andrew lifted his head from the wall, fixing his tux. He had no choice.

#

Andrew handed the folder to Chloe when she entered the back seat. "In there you'll find everything you need."

No response.

He stopped the car on the side of the hotel, a little away from the entrance and parked it at a marked spot. He knew what he had to do and hoped it was the right decision.

He opened the door for Chloe, who answered him with a short "Thanks."

Her step was sure and her hands calm while she carried the filed in her arms. Andrew took in a deep breath, hoping to calm his breathing and release the pressure in his chest. How was Chloe not nervous? He was feeling hot and had to resist the urge to remove his jacket.

They approached the hotel entrance, cars zooming down the street while they walked. The hotel was a beautiful white building, with a red carpet decorating the entrance. Two columns stood on each side making it look even more grandiose. 

The lobby's white marble floor was decorated with the same colored carpets branching out to the elevators, stairs and the sitting area like a runway. The sitting area on the left side of the lobby consisted of red suede chairs and dark-wood coffee tables along with out of date newspaper, fashion magazines and an occasional map. The overhead chandeliers reflected the outside light, casting rainbows on the white and gold patterned walls.

Chloe approached the elevators, Andrew stopping a few feet behind and circling his eyes around the room. A guy in slacks and a button down sat at a table alone, an empty coffee cup next to him as he scrolled through his phone. By a large Benjamin tree, a woman gazed at the pictures of important guests who had stayed in the hotel. Bill sat at the reception desk, his eyes glued to a paper in front of him which he seemed to be studying with intense curiosity.

Andrew turned away when the elevator doors slid open. Once they closed, he and Chloe let out a sigh of relief. He wondered if the same thought was crossing her mind. They were more than likely surrounded by people whose skills were anything but average when it came to inflicting pain. His head buzzed with 'what if' questions but as the third floor neared, his stomached felt heavier. He had no choice.

He followed Chloe who had turned right upon exiting. She stopped briefly next to a plant pot, fixing her shoe.

She pushed the sound proof doors was the end of the hall and as Andrew went to follow her down a short hallway, a man appeared at the doorway and stopped them both.

"Invitation?"

Chloe pulled a paper from the file and handed it to the security guard.

He looked at her and then at Andrew. "Vous êtes Madame Ducasse?" he asked Chloe, his accent thick, checking her out.

Andrew bit his tongue, stiffening. He wasn't sure if Chloe would remember what he had taught her in the car.

"Bah, oui," Chloe said, acting offended. " Il y a un problème?"

"Juste un moment, madame."

The man spoke into his shoulder, his voice a string of murmurs. Andrew managed to overhear only one word and it was enough to put him on edge. Too young.

The man turned back to Chloe, his expression a mix of regret and annoyance. "Désolé. It's only protocol. Please proceed."

Andrew went after her but was stopped and told he couldn't accompany her.

"Incroyable," Chloe scoffed. "Attends-moi ici," she then told Andrew, who nodded, taking a post by the door as they closed.

He checked his watch, looking around. An occasional person in a suit would walk across the hall, but ten minutes passed and Andrew there wasn't a single peep from anyone.

His comms went off.

"Second room to your right," a male voice said.

Andrew swallowed hard, taking a step down the hall. He entered the room, closing the doors silently. As he turned around, he found himself staring down a gun barrel. He raised his hands. "I'm Agent Jackson. George sent me."

The guy in front of him stared Andrew down, his face stoic. He cast a glance behind his shoulder.

"Let him in, he's one of ours."

Andrew released a sigh and fixed his jacket when the man lowered his gun. They made way into the bedroom where a skinny guy with a sharp jaw and long fingers typed away on a computer wired to what looked like an external hard drive.

"I'm Philips," he said. "You got the thing?"

Andrew's hands shook as he fiddled with the ear piece, turning it off. He then proceeded to take off his watch, handing it to Philips, who plugged into his laptop. "I'll have it done in a minute."

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Philips smirked, clicking enter on his keyboard. "Whoever they have behind the scenes is tryina to fight me."

Lee.

He shut his laptop and returned the watch to Andrew. "Press that button," he pointed to one of the buttons on the side of the watch. "and you'll switch off the communication between the team members for as long as you'd like."

Andrew nodded. "Am I free to go?"

"Funny."

"What do you mean?"

Philips took a candy from a glass bowl on the table. "We cut 'em off. Now, we pick 'em off."

Andrew's breath hitched.

"So, where they at, Jackson?"

____________

Hey there!

Another week, another chapter. This one's a hefty one. I know school's starting soon for some of you and I hope my updates make the end of your week a bit better.

We're moving quickly with the plot and things have already started happening. Andrew's been doing some, not so nice things. What do you think will happen next? Will he give up his team? Are you on his side or do you think he should have said no to George? And what about Chloe? How do you guys think she'll handle being the center of the mission. And finally, what does this mysterious drug do? 

Find out next week on Squad 6. ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me. 

Until next Friday.

Happy writing,

Sara 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

13.6K 371 21
[COMPLETED] "Shoot," Joey mumbles, letting out a string of profanities under his breath. We turn around to find a group of men, all with guns, standi...
156K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
34.4K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
132 0 7
My lips hover over his, a hair's breath in between us. When I try to kiss him, he leans back and chuckles. "So needy," he murmurs. He's still staring...