The Maverick(Sword Art Online...

By Storyteller-Maverick

#1 in #swordartonline 10/04/18 Year 2023. The world has been waiting in anticipation for the long awaited Ful... More

Ch.1 The Death Game Aincrad
Ch.2 First Floor Dungeon
Ch.3 Shining Star On A Dark Christmas
Ch.4 The Beast Tamer
Ch.5 Investigation Time
Ch.6 Case Closed
Ch.7 Cotton Candy
Ch.8 An Uplifting Experience
Ch.9 Power Within
Ch.10 Charming Proposal(Not Really)
Ch.11 Welcome To The Family
Ch.12 Lost Data
Ch.13 Game Over
Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)
Ch.15 The World Of Fairies
Ch.16 A Fiery Slyph
Ch.17 Journey To The World Tree
Ch.18 The Gank Spank
Ch.19 Saving The Alliance
Ch.20 Complicated Feelings
Ch.21 True Reveal
Ch.22 The Raid on The World Tree
Ch.23 What I Fight For
Ch.24 The World Seed
Ch.25 One Blushing Sylph
Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)
Ch.27 Prep Phase
Ch.28 A World of Guns
Ch.29 Prelim
Ch.30 Prelims Pt.2
Ch.31 Downtime
Ch.32 Bullet of Bullets
Ch.33 Investigation Team
Ch.34 The Getaway
Ch.35 To Be Strong
Ch.36 Showtime
Ch.37 Closing Time
Ch.38 The First Step
Ch.39 Mystery Dungeon(Strea)
Ch.40 Strea's Soul
Ch.41 How To Armor(Bonus)
Ch.42 The Holy Sword (Mother's Rosario Arc)
Ch.43 Jötunheimer
Ch.44 Thryheim
Ch.45 Dáinsleif
Ch.46 Christmas Time
Ch.47 Christmas Time Pt.2
Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches
Ch.49 It's The Showdown
Ch.50 Yuuki & The Sleeping Knights
Ch.51 Boss Prep
Ch.52 Boss Time
Ch.53 Yuuki Konno
Ch.54 One Wish
Ch.55 Brave New World
Valentine's Day Contest
I'm Only Watching You. (Sinon Valentine's Day)
You're My Medicine (Yuuki Valentine's Day)
Ch.56 A New Place (Season 3)
Ch.57 The Fabled Ice Cave
Special: Ordinal Scale
Ch.58 Fade to Black
Ch.59 Underworld
Ch.60 Learning the World
Ch.61 Style
Ch.62 Rath
Ch.63 Alicization
Ch.64 Will Power
Ch.65 Elite Disciple
Ch.66 Nobles
Ch.67 Desensitized
Ch.68 Prisoners
Ch.69 Break
Ch.70 Gear Up
Ch.71 Crimson Arrow
Ch.72 Knightly Duties
Ch.73 Pride as a Knight
Ch.74 Golden
Ch.76 Alliance
Ch.77 Coded Eye
Ch.78 Friendship
Ch.79 Discussions and Humanity
Ch.80 Azure Wings
Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)
My True Feelings (Leafa Valentine's Day)
Ch.82 Brief Respite (Season 3 Part 2: War of the Underworld)
Ch.83 Ingition Of War
Ch.84 Before The Storm
Ch.85 Last Day of Peace
Ch.86 This Is War
Ch.87 Eyes Open
Ch.88 Truth Of The Underworld
Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion
Ch.90 Two Outta One Ain't Bad
Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit
Ch.92 Calvary
Ch.93 Coffin's Arrival
Ch.94 Killer Instinct

Ch.75 Ceasefire

4.7K 154 27
By Storyteller-Maverick

You know, this is not how I planned my day going. I try to climb my way up this stupid tower only for this damn girl to grab me OUT OF THE FUCKING TOWER! Now here we are with me having my sword jammed into the slit of the tower while holding said girl. I swear, if I really didn't care for Eugeo, I would've dropped this girl ages ago.

Alice: Release my hand at once! There is no bigger shame than being saved by the likes of a sinner!

Mav: Would you just shut the fuck up?! You're lucky that I even caught your sorry ass!

Alice: You dare speak to me in that way?! I'll cut you down here and now!

Alice began frantically wiggling. This bitch is really trying to kill us both.

Mav: Stop squirming you idiot! If you wanna die, so be it! But I'm not getting killed by your stupid fanatical belief!

Alice: Fanatical belief? Our belief maintains order and peace within the Human Empire.

Mav: Oh really?

Alice: Yes. You wouldn't understand that after you murdered those two boys.

Mav: Go cry me a river! Those asshats deserved what they got. This Taboo Index of yours is a joke. If scum like Raios and Humbert are able to rape lower ranking noble girls or peasants without any consequence, can you truly call that order? Your law system is fundamentally flawed if people can do easy work arounds such as what they attempted to do. Listen lady, the Dark invasion is coming and you guys don't stand a chance in hell. You possibly can't expect to take on an entire half of the world by yourselves. Integrity Knights are very strong hence why none of them are currently a cold corpse. We need the Integrity Knights to beat the Dark Territories. Which means we need you. And as much as I hate to admit it, you're a valuable asset. Now plant your sword into the slit in the tower or fall to your death because I'm letting go of you.

Alice quickly planted her sword into the tower as I let go of her hand.

Mav: Alright, now let's call a temporary ceasefire.

Alice: Ceasefire?

Mav: Yeah, it's when two parties agree to stop fighting for certain amount of time. The way I see things, going solo will do us both no good unless you'd rather stay here.

Alice:...Very well. But know that I will slay you-

Mav: Yeah whatever now let's figure out our course of action. The way I see it, we got two options: up or down. Alice, is there any floors that could let us reenter the tower?

Alice: Yes, the ninety-fifth floor is an open air area. 

Mav: Then that's where we're gonna go unless you can summon one of those dragons.

Alice: Unfortunately, the Dragons can't go further than the thirtieth floor. Not even birds can either. I heard it was a special command cast by the pontifex herself.

Mav: Not surprising.....

How paranoid can one person be? I swear this day is becoming more of a headache with each passing minute

Mav: Well then...

I casted the wield shape spell as I made some icepicks. I slammed the icepick into the wall outstretching my other arm and slamming my other icepick into the wall. Just like cliffhanger.

Mav: Here!

I made more icepicks and dropped them towards Alice. Alice caught them looking back up at me.

Mav: Are you gonna be okay?   

Alice: Well....no. How do I use these?

Mav: Think of it like climbing a ladder. Plant one pick into the wall then while that one is planted use the second one to reach higher and plant it into the wall. If you're uncertain we can tie a rope or something around each other so we have each other's backs. 

Alice: I don't have a rope but this chain should do.

Mav: Alright wrap that around your waist and then toss me the other end.

Alice did as instructed slightly struggling having to do it with one hand until she successfully did it and tossed the other half to Mav. Mav wrapped it around his waist and then dropped back down next to Alice.

Mav: Alright, were in this together now. Start climbing and I'll watch over you.

Alice started slowly climbing with the icepicks.

Mav: Concentrate on where your planting the icepicks and keep looking upwards towards your destination.

Alice nodded taking a few deep breaths before climbing at a brisk pace as Mav smirked and matched her pace. The two we're now making good time up the tower.

......

I opened the door to floor-fifty seeing a destroyed room as I let out an amused whistle at the damages. At least I'm getting closer to him. I decided to take a rest past the room until I noticed a platform coming down. I readied my sword just in case as a lady bowed before me.

Operator: Thank you for waiting. What floor would you like to go to?

Kirito: Uh...highest one.

Operator: Very well. Step on and we shall be off.

I stepped on the platform as the girl activated the platform and we began moving up.

Kirito: Hey, did you run into a guy with h/c hair and e/c eyes?

Operator: Yes. He used this platform about two hours ago. He was accompanied by another boy around his age with blonde hair and green eyes.

So he's made a friend in this world? That's good. At least he's not all alone. I got info that this tower has hundred floors. Heh, talk about a throwback. The platform stopped as the girl bowed once more.

Operator: We have arrived.

Kirito: Thanks.

I walked towards the set of doors and was met with a beautiful scene. A bright verdant hill with a fresh water river that encircled it. If there was a tree at the top of the hill then this would be the best spot. I sat down at the top of the hill letting the setting sun warm my face as I pulled out a sandwich and began to eat. Makes me miss Asuna's cooking. I hope her and Shino aren't too angry with me.....

......

Mav: You know, when I originally started this climb I didn't think it be this taxing.

Alice: Agreed.....

Mav stopped looking down at Alice who was a little bit below him before looking back up and noticing a perch of some kind.

Mav: Hey, look there! We can rest up there!

They continued their ascent until they saw gargoyle like statues but their faces were more or less gaping mouths. 

Mav: Ugh, Admin has some shit taste if you want tasteless statues like those on your tower.

The statues twitched and their statue appearance faded as they became alive.

Mav: Oh shit, was it something I said?

The creatures began flying around the two as Mav noticed the less than favorable conditions. He quickly looked at his and Alice's positioning as Mav quickly dropped below Alice's position dodging an attack from the flying beast. 

Mav: Alice! Drop down and I'll swing you up.

Alice: What?! Are you insane?! You're gonna cut the chain!

Mav: Alice.

Alice: What?

Alice looked down at Mav who winked at her.

Mav: Trust me.

Alice noticed the beast coming for her as she shut her eyes and dropped as Mav quickly grabbed the chain with one arm and swung Alice above him and onto the perch. Alice opened her eyes letting out a safe exhale as the chain that was attached to her slammed her to the ground as the quickly gripped the chain peeking down towards Mav who was now bleeding from his shoulder from the beast sinking their teeth into it. Mav lost his grip on the icepicks and was now hanging from the chain.

Mav: Pull me up! I got you covered!

Alice nodded as she began to slowly hoist Mav up as Mav reached into his jacket and pulled the revolver out as one of the beasts charged towards him. Mav waited for the beast to get real close as he pulled the trigger. 

*BANG*

The beast's head exploded apart as it dissolved. One of the beast went for a sneak attack on Alice only to be shot as the bullets pierced it's torso and neck killing it instantly. With a big yank Alice hoisted  Mav onto the perch as Mav raised his revolver towards Alice as she ducked seeing him fire and hit the demonic beast behind her as she drew her sword and stabbed the beast behind him both beast dissolved as Mav reloaded his gun and placed it back in his jacket.

Mav: Excellent work, high five friend!

Alice:.......

Mav slowly lowered his hand.

Mav: Killjoy.....

......

I stood before a set of double doors as I took a deep breath. The last Integrity Knight should be waiting for me in there. I looked at my hand as it quivered from my anxiousness. To think, without Mav, I can barely keep calm. But I know he's not dead. Mav wouldn't let something like getting pulled out of the tower stop him. I just have to push forth for my his sake and mine. I'm almost to the top. I just have to keep going forward, relentlessly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236 11 15
On November 6th, 2022, there has been a release of a huge Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game or "VRMMORPG" for short calle...
1.7K 71 50
Based on the Role Play in Amino! Book 1: The Izuku Saga A few years have passed since Chris Styles' brother sent him a secret copy of SAO. Trying to...
783 15 28
(SECOND BOOK OF THE SAOR SERIES) A year has passed since Laughing Coffin has trapped ten million people with the condition of only one to escape if...
173K 3.7K 96
(Y/N) is a normal kid. Originally, he didn't want any part of SAO, but his friend had other plans. Join (Y/N) as he tries to survive the tragedy of S...