The Maverick(Sword Art Online...

De Storyteller-Maverick

#1 in #swordartonline 10/04/18 Year 2023. The world has been waiting in anticipation for the long awaited Ful... Mais

Ch.1 The Death Game Aincrad
Ch.2 First Floor Dungeon
Ch.3 Shining Star On A Dark Christmas
Ch.4 The Beast Tamer
Ch.5 Investigation Time
Ch.6 Case Closed
Ch.7 Cotton Candy
Ch.8 An Uplifting Experience
Ch.9 Power Within
Ch.10 Charming Proposal(Not Really)
Ch.11 Welcome To The Family
Ch.12 Lost Data
Ch.13 Game Over
Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)
Ch.15 The World Of Fairies
Ch.16 A Fiery Slyph
Ch.17 Journey To The World Tree
Ch.18 The Gank Spank
Ch.19 Saving The Alliance
Ch.20 Complicated Feelings
Ch.21 True Reveal
Ch.22 The Raid on The World Tree
Ch.23 What I Fight For
Ch.24 The World Seed
Ch.25 One Blushing Sylph
Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)
Ch.27 Prep Phase
Ch.28 A World of Guns
Ch.29 Prelim
Ch.30 Prelims Pt.2
Ch.31 Downtime
Ch.32 Bullet of Bullets
Ch.33 Investigation Team
Ch.34 The Getaway
Ch.35 To Be Strong
Ch.36 Showtime
Ch.37 Closing Time
Ch.38 The First Step
Ch.39 Mystery Dungeon(Strea)
Ch.40 Strea's Soul
Ch.41 How To Armor(Bonus)
Ch.42 The Holy Sword (Mother's Rosario Arc)
Ch.43 Jötunheimer
Ch.44 Thryheim
Ch.45 Dáinsleif
Ch.46 Christmas Time
Ch.47 Christmas Time Pt.2
Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches
Ch.49 It's The Showdown
Ch.50 Yuuki & The Sleeping Knights
Ch.51 Boss Prep
Ch.52 Boss Time
Ch.53 Yuuki Konno
Ch.54 One Wish
Ch.55 Brave New World
Valentine's Day Contest
I'm Only Watching You. (Sinon Valentine's Day)
You're My Medicine (Yuuki Valentine's Day)
Ch.56 A New Place (Season 3)
Ch.57 The Fabled Ice Cave
Ch.58 Fade to Black
Ch.59 Underworld
Ch.60 Learning the World
Ch.61 Style
Ch.62 Rath
Ch.63 Alicization
Ch.64 Will Power
Ch.65 Elite Disciple
Ch.66 Nobles
Ch.67 Desensitized
Ch.68 Prisoners
Ch.69 Break
Ch.70 Gear Up
Ch.71 Crimson Arrow
Ch.72 Knightly Duties
Ch.73 Pride as a Knight
Ch.74 Golden
Ch.75 Ceasefire
Ch.76 Alliance
Ch.77 Coded Eye
Ch.78 Friendship
Ch.79 Discussions and Humanity
Ch.80 Azure Wings
Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)
My True Feelings (Leafa Valentine's Day)
Ch.82 Brief Respite (Season 3 Part 2: War of the Underworld)
Ch.83 Ingition Of War
Ch.84 Before The Storm
Ch.85 Last Day of Peace
Ch.86 This Is War
Ch.87 Eyes Open
Ch.88 Truth Of The Underworld
Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion
Ch.90 Two Outta One Ain't Bad
Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit
Ch.92 Calvary
Ch.93 Coffin's Arrival
Ch.94 Killer Instinct

Special: Ordinal Scale

9.2K 180 113
De Storyteller-Maverick

(This is recap of what happened in Ordinal Scale with my changes in what happened along with some scenes.)

I remember when all this started. The Augma, the first true augmented reality device. Comparing it virtual reality, instead of being put into another world, the real world shifts and changes to fit whatever your doing. In this case, we're talking about an AR game by the name of Ordinal Scale. People we're ecstatic about this game being able to be whoever you wanted and wield swords and guns alike. The other thing to prominently rise in AR was the debut of the first ever AR Idol, Yuna. Personally, I never really fancied her but Keiko and Sugu adored her. I played Ordinal Scale but never really got interested. Of course, people like Asuna just kinda forced me to play with them. When I got back into it, the first thing I noticed aside from Kazuto falling over due to having to use your actual body weight, was the appearances of Yunna and that second-ranked player, Eiji. The weirdest thing about Ordinal Scale was that a lot of the bosses were bosses from SAO. Not inspired, like literally ripped out of Aincrad. Of course knowing our little gang, we got dragged into another mess. Asuna and Kirito were both struck by one of these SAO bosses. Something was not right, I could see that. They both fell unconscious with tears in their eyes. I held Eiji at AR sword point but he just left with the SAO bosses. They seemed fine but I worry for them. As I laid in my bed restless on what happened, I received a call. I reached over towards my nightstand and picked the phone up. It was from Kazuto asking me to meet him at his cabin in ALO.

.........

Maverick:What's up, Kirito.

Maverick stood in a dark room as he casted a light spell illuminating the room partially revealing two people sitting on the couch. Kirito and Asuna. Asuna stared at the ground while Kirito looked at Maverick.

Asuna:Mav, do you remember when we bought this cabin?

Maverick: Uh.......

Asuna: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked-

Maverick: Two and a half years ago. I remember Kirito was practically jumping up and down.

Kirito: I was?

Mav: Yeah man. Ah, that takes me back.

Asuna: I see........

Maverick: Why're you asking this anyways, Asuna?

Kirito had a downtrodden expression before he spoke up.

Kirito:We can't remember, Mav. Hell, I'm surprised I still call you Mav....

Maverick: You can't remember?

Maverick approached the two as Asuna quickly got up and clutched the boy tightly as tears began to stream down her face.

Asuna: I can't remember! Why can't I remember?!

Maverick: Calm down okay? Take a deep breath...nice and easy.... It's gonna be okay, I swear, Asuna.

Kirito: Mav.....

Maverick: Come here.

Kirito got up from the couch and joined the hug as a couple tears fell from Kirito. The confused lovers clutched to their friend tightly as Maverick clenched his teeth.

Kirito: What's happening to us?

After Kirito and Asuna confided in me, I took them to the hospital to get a check-up. They apparently had their brain scanned in certain areas. Specifically in the areas that were related to SAO. Of course, that's not all. There's been a similar amount of cases like Kirito and Asuna. To make matters worse there was a chance that they could lose more of their memories. I decided to take them all around New Aincrad but they couldn't seem to remember at all.

.......

I smiled as I opened my drink.

Eiji:I'm now more powerful than Lightning Flash and the Black Swordsman. Me, of all people. It's all thanks to Ordinal Scale.

That's when I began to reminisce. A weakling in the Knights of the Blood Oath. I felt alone. Isolated. Then there she was.....I swear, I'll deliver my promise to you.

.......

With three of my friends losing their memories being Kirito, Asuna, and Klein. I wasn't going to just accept that and move on. To have those bonds we've forged over those two years just ripped out was absolute bullshit. So I decided to go on a hunt for Eiji. I had no idea where to look aside from the SAO boss locations. I had Strea collect any data that could assist me. I planned on doing this myself but Shino came to help. Bless her soul since she was a big help. Then I saw Yuna, she seemed cloaked or something and then disappeared. I had cross-reference where she was pointing and Eiji's player data which landed me in a presentation by Shigemura. The creator of the Augma. I thankfully was able to get a word in private with Shigemura to which I confronted him about Eiji and people's SAO memories being erased by the Augma, he not really surprisingly, denied any claims. I noticed the picture frame in Shigemura's office so I asked Kikuoka if Shigemura has any family to which he had a daughter by the name of Yuuna. She died two years ago in SAO. Didn't take a genius to line the pieces up together. Unless I got solid evidence, I couldn't get Ordinal Scale shut down. I took time to check up on Kazuto and Asuna to see how they were doing and it honestly pained me to levels unimaginable same with Klein...I couldn't take it anymore. I felt so angry at not really knowing what to do. To be honest, I was in my emotions that I don't even remember texting Shino.

.......

I received a text from Y/N asking me to come see him. It was really sudden so I was caught off-guard. When I arrived at his house, I opened the door and walked in. He told me that he'd leave the door open. I noticed his parents weren't home and he wasn't in the living room. I went upstairs and found his room. I haven't been to his room before. I knocked on what I assumed was his door.

Shino:Y/N? You there?

I got not reply which I didn't like. I slowly opened his door and peeked in. I saw Y/N sitting on the edge of his bed with his head slumped over. He looked up at me and weakly waved at me. I smiled and sat down next to him.

Y/N: Thanks....for coming.

Y/N stared at the ground letting out a sigh.

Y/N: I visited Asuna and Kazuto. They.....were alright
for the most part. Kirito seems a lot more anti-social though....

Shino:......

Y/N: I failed them....I was supposed to protect them..

Y/N tightened his hands into fists.

Y/N: Kazuto, Asuna, and Ryoutarou. I'm supposed to protect them...

I touched Y/N's face and tilted his head towards me.

Shino:Y/N, I think you put yourself on too high of a pedestal. You're not a superhero. You're just an average human like the rest of us so stop trying shoulder the whole damn world okay? You always have your friends who will lend their help. Sugu, Keiko, Rika, Agil, Yuuki, and of course, me.

I placed Y/N's head on my lap and ran my fingers through this hair as he quietly laid there

Shino: Don't be afraid to let us share the load.

Y/N didn't reply as we stayed together for awhile. When that was over Y/N offered to give me a ride home so I wasn't going to deny that. We arrived at my apartment as I unbuckled my seatbelt and got ready to get out the car. I turned my gaze towards Y/N who looked at me and smiled.

Shino: Thanks for the ride. Are you gonna be okay?

Y/N: I should be. Might go on a drive just to reset my thoughts.

Shino: Sounds good. Well....

I took a deep breath before I leaned towards Y/N who had a confused look on his face and pressed my lips against his. He was caught off-guard but he kissed back. I leaned back breaking the kiss and smiled.

Y/N: What was that for?

Shino: Think of it as a way to say that we'll get through this.

Y/N: Ok....

Shino: And it was a power move.

Y/N:What..?

I got out the car and waved him goodbye. He didn't get what I meant but I know that he kissed that Yuuki girl. Gotta make sure she doesn't swoop in and take him. Well she is pretty young so maybe I'm okay for now.....

.......

Shino was right. I should be reliant on my friends more but I guess that's why I called her. Easier said than done though. That's just my damn stubbornness. After I thanked Shino and gave her a ride home, I went for a drive to fully clear my head when I was suddenly given a destination on my nav. I followed the nav until it lead me to the Meiji Shrine. I began walking down the shrine until I reached the other side from there I was met with a sunrise I believe and a large structure. I was also in my OS clothes so that was something. That's when I ran into Yuna once again. I asked her a plethora of questions but she really didn't answer much of them. She told me who Eiji was. He was an SAO survivor and a member of Asuna's Blood Oath guild. He went by Nautilus, unfortunately his fear of dying held him back from really fighting. She told me she wanted to keep on singing and that if I wanted get my friends' memories back, I'd need to be a higher ranking. A very vague but straight forward answer. So that night, I had Strea plot me a course around the city as I began to fight floor 20 and 30 bosses throughout the night. I kept going until eventually Eiji showed up. I started to wonder if this man teleports because after I had a brief conversation with him he sent me a message that I read and when I looked up, he was gone. I was told to meet him at the Stadium that was hosting Yuna's first AR concert. I needed to refine my methods so I asked Sugu to teach me some kendo moves. She happily agreed and we facetime so she could do so. Then the next day came.....

.........

Y/N strolled into the underground parking lot and met up with Eiji.

Y/N: Yo! As promised, I have arrived.

Eiji:....It seems you have.

Y/N: Now, would you kindly give me my friends' memories back?

Eiji: If you want them, you'll have to take them.

Y/N: Heh, I had a feeling you'd say that. Nautilus.

Eiji: I'M EIJI NOW!

Y/N:?

Eiji: That's ancient history now. I'm surprised you even knew about me.

Y/N: Well Yuna told me.

Eiji:Oh dear, you seduce any girl that enters your personal space and now Yuna as well?

Y/N: Whatever you say.

Eiji: Never mind. You've come here so casually, but do you really think you can beat me, the Number 2 ranked player?

Y/N: Don't know, but I sure as hell am going to give a try. Ordinal Scale, Activate.

Eiji: Ordinal Scale, Activate.

The two players one another as they drew their swords from their sheaths. Maverick smiled and threw his free hand outward in a boastful manner.

Maverick: Let's rock!

Eiji quickly dashed towards Maverick going for an overhead strike as Maverick sidestepped the attack. Eiji quickly swung horizontally making Maverick block the attack and counter with a thrust attack grazing Eiji's shoulder as Eiji kicked Maverick in the stomach pushing him back. Eiji quickly closed the distance leaping into the air slamming his sword down making Maverick roll out the way as Eiji quickly followed up with another attack and grazed Maverick's chest. The two players were engaged in an intense stalemate no one gaining the upper hand until Eiji gained the upper hand knocking Maverick off balance as Eiji went for a thrust attack Maverick quickly brought his sword barely blocking the attack as the force sent Maverick stumbling back. Eiji began to jump off the walls like a shinobi trying to get a decent hit on Maverick who ducked and dodged the attacks before retreating to gather his poise. He looked to his left and saw Eiji there who grinned at him.

Eiji: As expected of the one who guided players to clear SAO.

Maverick: Ha! You're not so bad yourself! But you're gonna have to do better than that!

Maverick passed the next pillar and lunged towards Eiji who also swung his sword. Both missed with Eiji's hitting the building causing smoke to puff up from the Augmented destruction.

Eiji: In the end, people only remember the players who fought on the front lines. It's people like Me and Yuuna who are always overlooked!

Eiji flew through the smoke and went for an attack. Y/N noticed him coming out of the corner of his eye and swung towards Eiji who flipped over his attack as Maverick gripped his sword with two hands and held a firm stance. Eiji nodded as the two exchanged a conversation while trading blows.

Maverick: So you were with Yuuna in SAO?

Eiji: I was! I was with her at the moment she disappeared, too! You have no idea how I cursed my weakness! Even when someone precious to me was in danger, I couldn't even move an inch!

Maverick went for a strike as Eiji grabbed his wrist and flung him into a wall dropping his sword. Maverick looked up to see a sword coming as he rolled out of the way as Eiji began going on the aggressive offense until Maverick grabbed Eiji's wrist punched him across the face followed by kick to the stomach to try and pry Eiji's hand off his sword. Eiji almost lost his grip to Maverick as he decided to throw his sword away as a last resort. Eiji clipped Maverick in his face making Maverick stumble back. The two stared each other down for a split second as the battle was no longer a duel. The two were now engaged in a brawl. The players bolted towards each other exchanging blows as Eiji continued the banter.

Eiji:Who cares if we take away memories of that shitty SAO game?!

Maverick: IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE!!!

Maverick swept Eiji's leg making him lose his balance as Maverick leapt forward delivering a Superman punch right into Eiji's face making his head reel back from the impact. Maverick closed the distance and delivered powerful jabs into Eiji's stomach making him spit out his saliva until Maverick ducked down and uppercutted Eiji making him fall to the ground.

Maverick: It's time you accept what happened. I can commend you on your bravery and drive. You've conquered that fear. Now, how do I get my friends' memories back?

Eiji chuckled as he propped himself up against a pillar in the parking lot.

Eiji: It's too late now. Almost all of the SAO survivors are here. We're going to scan the brains of every SAO survivor in this venue, and take their memories of SAO. And then we're going to bring Yuuna back to life.

Maverick commotion above him.

Eiji: Alright, there's no stopping it now.

Maverick: Shit!

Maverick ripped his Augma off and bolted towards the Stadium area.

......

After beating Eiji I called Kikuoka who then told me that a scan of that magnitude could lead to deaths similar to the NerveGear. Kikuoka told me that he'd handle the professor and I'm taking the venue. When I got there, I put my Augma on and it was simply chaos. A bunch of SAO bosses began to appear as players began to fight or flight.

........

I stood there frozen in place. I did everything to be with Yuuna again! And that son of a bitch betrayed me! I'm gonna lose my memories of Yuuna...no....

"I commend you for your bravery and drive. You've conquered that fear."

I quickly raised my sword and blocked the dragon's attack.

Eiji: My bravery....My drive....

I began fighting the dragon, rage filling my body and my desire clouding my thoughts. I will....I...will....I let out a war cry as I charged the dragon.

Eiji:I WILL NEVER FORGET YUUNA!!!!

........

We began desperately fighting against the SAO bosses until Yuna appeared and the blocked the Grim Reaper boss's scythe with a giant shield. Yuna quickly explained that I can defeat the floor 100 boss from Aincrad, we could stop this whole thing. I also learned that the Augma has a full-dive VR function and that it's a NerveGear with limited functions. Kirito and Asuna were at a lost on what was happening. I reassured them that i'll be fine. Luckily Agil, Liz, Sinon, and Silica were able to accompany me to this fight. The time had came....

........

Liz: So this floor 100 of Aincrad, the Ruby Palace.

Agil: Who knew we'd be seeing this place after two years.

Maverick: Yeah. Silica, are you gonna be okay?

Silica: I hope so. I've been training daily with the teaching you've gave me.

The party stared the enormous feminine boss until it suddenly moved and went for an attack with it's giant spear on Agil. The rest of the party landed and stared at where the spear was. Ten health bars appeared as Agil appeared holding the boss' attack back.

Agil:So this is SAO's true last boss?

The boss cut Agil down with her sword and then fired a barrage of magic blasts. Maverick was out of range as Liz got blown into a wall while Silica swiftly dodged the blast and followed behind Maverick.

Maverick:Hrragh!

Maverick leapt forward hitting shield.

Maverick:Switch!

Silica:Hyah!

Maverick backed off as Silica went for an attack only for the boss to send both of them flying into a nearby pillar. The boss dashed towards them and went for strike but cancelled it when a bullet struck it's shield. The boss quickly turned it's head and fired a laser all around Sinon's position as Agil came charging in. The boss thrusted it's spear towards Agil who desperately held it back.

Agil:SWITCH!

Maverick leapt from behind striking the shield.

Maverick:SWITCH!

Silica and Liz hopped in and broke the boss' shield knocking her back and dropping her sword in the process. The boss suddenly grew a large tree behind her and a sunlight was casted on her as a liquid dropped onto the top crystal and the Radius fully healed it's first bar.

Maverick: Stupid bullshit boss abilities! It should be illegal for bosses to heal! Liz, to me! Agil and Silica will pair up! Good?

Everyone nodded as Maverick dashed forward.

Maverick: Come on!

Meanwhile in the outside world, Kirito and Asuna were frantically looked around and then Kirito stared at Maverick. He outstretched his arm towards Maverick's Augma until a hand grabbed his wrist.

Strea: Don't Kirito.

Kirito:....Damnit...

Asuna:.....

Yuna: I'm sorry Asuna, Kirito. You both loss your memories because of me!

Asuna:Don't be Yuuna.

Kirito: You died because you went outside the safe area to clear the floor boss I assume.

Yuna:?!

Kirito let out a deep breath and looked at Asuna who nodded.

Kirito:I've made my mind, Yuna.

Yuna:?

Kirito: I will fight!

Asuna: And I shall as well!

Back at the Ruby Palace, things were not looking good. Maverick was currently being restrained by the boss' fist while the others were entangled in the large vines.

Maverick: Fucking hell....

Out of nowhere like a bullet, a massive attack hit the boss dropping Maverick.

Maverick: What the?!

The smoke cleared showing Kirito and Asuna.

Maverick: Kirito?!Asuna?!

Everyone regrouped at the large vines as the Radius was stunned.

Maverick: What're you guys doing here?

Kirito: You guys are all fighting for our sakes.

Asuna: We can fight! We're not gonna sit idly by and let our friends get beat up!

Maverick smiled and wrapped the couple into a hug.

Maverick: I love you guys.

The Radius recovered missing an eye as Sinon continued firing. The Radius force grabbed it's sword and charged towards the party with a warcry until a green magical strike hit it keeping it at bay. Maverick looked behind them showing Leafa and Strea.

Leafa:Sorry to keep you waiting Mav!

Strea: I brought everyone husband!

Yuuki appeared from behind Strea with her usual jovial smile followed by a bunch of other players.

Yuuki: Y/N! Why didn't you tell me you were fighting a tough boss?!

Eugene: This looks like fun!

Sakuya: We're not here to have fun.

Klein: Alright! We're invincible in VR!

Rue and Sakuya fired a unison magical attack followed by attacks from Klein and co. The boss was about to counter until it was hit with a barrage of grenade launcher rounds. A small group of GGO players ran onto the middle of the Palace.

Fukaziroh: Well I can't miss easy targets like this

LLENN: Whoa...that's a big enemy....

Pitohui: HAHAHAHA!!!This looks like so much fun!

M: *sigh* Please be cautious Pitohui.

Azure: Uh, Snowstorm Ice Queen anyone?

Kise: Agreed...

LLENN:Azure.

Azure:Yeah, I know. Let's get in there team!

With an inspired shout Azure's team moved in hitting critical spots with their firearms. As another team watched them.

???:Whoa?! That boss is huge!

Kureha:No time to be in awe, man!

Zeliska: She's right. We have to help everyone.

Itsuki: Well, what are we waiting for? My guys in Alphard are already in there.

???:S-sorry! Let's go squad!

Kureha:Yeah!

Zeliska:Hehe...

Itsuki:Hmph.

The squad moved in assisting the first GGO squad.

Strea:Oh yeah! I almost forget! Please use this!

Strea raised an orb of light that shined brightly as the original party's gear turned to that of SAO. Maverick gripped his katana with confusion.

Strea:Yui and I loaded the saved data left on the SAO server onto you all! Sinon, yours is a special bonus!

Maverick's face grew a wide smile letting out a booming laughter as Kirito grinned pulling his two swords out followed by Asuna pulling out her rapier.

Maverick: Let's rock this shit!

The battle's tide had drastically changed with boss trying to target everyone getting destroyed by their attacks. Radius tried to heal but the ranged users blocked it. Maverick ran next to Kirito still smiling.

Maverick: Let's do this, Kirito!

Kirito:Hell yeah!

The two charged towards the boss cutting down any attack that stood in their way until there was an attack that Maverick had to block.

Maverick:Switch!

Kirito:I will fight!... STARBURST STREAM!!!!

Kirito began slicing up the boss until it stumbled back as Maverick jumped forward charging up his dragon hand as his blade began to glow.

Yuuki:My skill! He's using my skill!

Maverick:HRRAAAAGHH!!!!

Maverick delivered the final powerful blow as the boss disappeared in a giant flash of light. A giant two-handed sword began to float down from the sky.

........

Everyone was ecstatic and I was given rank one on Ordinal Scale. Along with this one-shot greatsword. Don't know why Shigemura would do something that stupid but whatever. I killed the rest of the monsters while Yuna gave a performance....Her final one as the Yuna that remembered SAO. Everyone's memories were returned as we all began to remember the girl who played the lute and sung to everyone. After that whole ordeal the incident was reported as a surprise stage and Shigemura was resigned as head of the Augma. Everything went back to normal with the SAO encyclopedia getting rereleased to remember the unnamed players who gave it their all in SAO.

.........

Sugu:Hey where is Kazuto and Asuna?

Y/N: Probably off doing cringe romance. Or maybe their doing the naughty stuff!

Keiko:Ew.....

Sugu:Hehe....

Rika:You just had to say it, did you Y/N!

Shino: Of course. It's Y/N.

Ryoutarou: Ain't that the truth!

Andrew:Agreed.

Y/N:Hahahaha!

Well you know me, just another day at the office I suppose.

Some things never change am I right?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.1K 54 10
In an alternate universe of Sword Art Online, Alice Zuberg has entered Sword Art Online in hopes of a great VR experience. However, her hopes of a go...
19.9K 432 24
The new VR world of Sword Art Online enthralled all the people of the world, until a dark twist emerges. The Ten-Thousand players who logged in first...
52.1K 1.7K 10
If you could enter the world of a video game, would you take the chance? We all know the story of the boy named Kirito, who battled his way through t...
2.1K 16 24
(FIRST BOOK OF THE SAOR SERIES) It's been twenty years after a death game was released that has killed about four thousand people. The NerveGear has...