Squad 6 | COMPLETED

By PanicAtTheAttack

In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home... More

A quick note
Chapter 2- Andrew
Chapter 3- Cassandra
A/N
A/N
Chapter 4- Diana
Chapter 5- Andrew
Chapter 6- Bill
Chapter 7- Cassandra
Chapter 8- Chloe
Chapter 9- Cassandra
Chapter 10- Diana
Chapter 11- Andrew
Chapter 12- Chloe
Chapter 13- Bill
Chapter 14- Diana
Chapter 15- Cassandra
Chapter 16- Bill
Chapter 17- Chloe
Chapter 18- Andrew
Chapter 19- Cassandra
Chapter 20- Chloe
Chapter 21- Diana
Chapter 22- Andrew
Chapter 23- Bill
Chapter 24- Chloe
Chapter 25- Cassandra
Chapter 26- Diana
Chapter 27- Chloe
Chapter 28- Diana
Chapter 29- Andrew
Chapter 30- Bill
Chapter 31- Chloe
Chapter 32- Bill
Chapter 33- Cassandra
Chapter 34- Bill
Chapter 35- Diana
Chapter 36- Andrew
Chapter 37- Cassandra
Chapter 38- Diana
Chapter 39- Chloe
Chapter 40- Cassandra
Chapter 41- Chloe
Chapter 42- Andrew
Chapter 43- Cassandra
Chapter 44- Bill
Chapter 45- Diana
Chapter 46- Bill
Chapter 47- Chloe
Chapter 48- Diana
Chapter 49- Bill
Chapter 50- Cassandra
Chapter 51- Diana
Chapter 52- Andrew
Chapter 53- Bill
Chapter 54- Cassandra
Epilogue- Andrew
Author's Note- What's next?
I am not dead

Chapter 1- Cassandra

7.2K 305 170
By PanicAtTheAttack

Cassandra

"Grazie."

Street vendors tried to steal her attention with cheap food and fake Gucci handbags, but Cassandra strode right past their smiling faces. Her new round glasses shielded her eyes from the scorching sun and allowed her to inspect her surroundings without being noticed. She crossed the street to a taxi rank and entered the vehicle. She gave the driver the motel's address in perfect Italian and leaned towards the window to stare at the bustling city of Rome. She watched people crossing the streets, tourists taking pictures of everything they laid eyes upon. She liked Rome. She'd spent many good days in Rome. Today had been a good day. Her newest piece of information revealed that her target was holding a gala to raise money for animal rescue charity. She had already planned his assassination.

When she arrived to her destination, she paid the driver and thanked him, climbing out graciously. The motel was a small and cheap one, just outside the city, far from the suffocating crowd but close enough so she wouldn't look suspicious. She had chosen it for the great cover it offered. Nobody would think to look for her here.

"Yes?" Cassandra said, closing the room door. The static in her ear-piece disappeared, a voice speaking.

"I didn't want to call you," her client said.

"But you did, so what is it?" Cassandra hadn't spoken to her client in two months, ever since he bought her a plane ticket and gave her a hefty deposit for her services.

"I need it done tonight."

Cassandra stretched her neck, flipping out the contents of the bags she carried onto the bed. "And it will be. Mr. Alonzo is having a gala tonight and I can assure you, it will be his last one."

She had been stalling killing Alonzo. He was a man of many secrets and Cassandra needed to know them all before she made a move. They weren't the scandalous kind like most men of his status seemed to have. He was into something shady, with off-shore bank accounts filled to the brim with money even a really good stock broker couldn't make so quickly. After checking his records and doing some spying, he proved to have secrets. Over a few drinks and friendly gossip, she even got his secretary to spill the beans. If she could get Alonzo to give her details tonight, she'd gladly send him into an eternal slumber.

"It better be," the client said, his Italian accent intensifying with anger . "I didn't pay you for nothing."

Cassandra hung up.

All roads lead to Rome. All but hers. With some luck and an effective interrogation technique, she'd be running as far away from Rome as she could in no time. If that meant slumming in village in the south of Africa for a bit, then so be it. Cassie fumbled with the zipper of her bag. She didn't carry around a suitcase. Everything she owned and needed fit perfectly inside a duffel bag that could be stored in the overhead bins of an airplane cabin. She liked it that way too. There was no way for her things to get lost and she could be conspicuous. It was important she remained under the radar, especially when the police and authorities were concerned.

Tina, her Colt 45, lay atop the bedside table. She ran a finger along the cold barrel, before slipping the weapon inside the black purse she had bought that morning.

After checking that all of her belongings were packed, Cassie slipped into a red dress that had been neatly laid out on the bed. It hugged her chest at the top, the heart neckline accentuating the right places. It widened at the waist just slightly until it reached the floor. The slit of the dress ran high, ensuring she could move comfortably, in case things got out of hand tonight. She applied some red lipstick before upbraiding her white hair and collecting it in a bun at the nape of the neck. The four inch high heels she bought were back, making her just over six foot tall. A single strap wrapped around her ankle. She didn't want her feet to slip out of the show if she had to fight. She turned slightly to inspect the dress from the back. It was backless, revealing her smooth, tan skin. Liking what she was seeing, she smiled at the cracked mirror. That was the one thing no money in the world could buy- her smile. Coy and alluring, just as a smile of a con woman with a gun should be.

Despite her client paying her an insane sum of money to kill the guy sleeping with his wife, Cassie was a minimalist. She got only the bare necessities. Killing people for money had become her main source of income as well as a way to stay in shape. Some would consider her cold-blooded for killing for money. She never denied the accusations, but she was only one monster in the sea full of them. People who paid others to kill for them were the real deal. As well as maybe spineless cowards, she dared say. But nobody cared about that, because they had money. And as is the rule, money makes the world go round.

Cassandra put a pill bottle inside her bag, strapping a gun to her leg. The black leather jacket hung on the doorknob, ready to go, Mike's knife safely inside the lining, awaiting it's turn.

A taxi was waiting for her when she stepped outside, the sun low on the horizon. She would be getting herself some answers tonight.

#

The sun had set when she stepped outside the taxi, heading for the tall gates of the grand mansion. Alonzo was stupid to hold a gathering in his own home. How was he still alive?

The security guard stood at the entrance. He gave her a questioning glance when she approached. "Nome?"

"Boh Adesso." The name was a mockery she'd made up. Not only was there not a single person with such a name, but she was surprised the guard hadn't laughed. He put up a finger, before checking with someone on the other end of his comm system.

Cassandra waited. Spilling the details of his boss's illegal partnerships wasn't the only thing his secretary did. Cassie may not be a hacker but she could get a fake name on a guest list.

"Benvenuto," the guard said, moving out of the way.

"Grazie," Cassandra said, strolling past him. She let out a barely noticeable sigh of relief as she strode down the stone path of the mansion. No matter how many times she'd done it, she still got nervous.

As she approached the house, she began scanning for anyone familiar. Majesty would never leave one of her representatives unguarded.

She slid off her jacket when she entered the house, taking a glass of champagne off a tray a caterer was carrying around. She wasn't quite 18 yet, but she had no one to tell her no.

A big crystal chandelier was hanging above the tiled floors of the grand hall. It was the first thing Cassie noticed for one simple reason. If one of those were to fall off the ceiling, no person under it would survive. She scowled at the glamour. Rich people always thought they were above others, that they owned the world. Unfortunately, they did own it.

Two glasses of champagne later, Cassandra still hadn't spotted her target. Majesty's people would check the guest list and her cover was going to fly if she didn't move soon. Everyone she was running from was going to come after her. Phi would find her and that was almost worse than Majesty. She had done this many times, but she had never been so close to a lead.

A loud laugh from behind her caused her hand to stiffen slightly around the glass. She recognized it. As a reflex, she straightened, her face becoming neutral like a mask. You don't feel anything.

Familiar feeling of numbness overtook her body as she exhaled. All the emotion she was feeling was trapped in a mental cage. It left a pit in her stomach and a lump in her throat but it worked. She didn't feel anything. It had been her go-to whenever she felt her emotion start to resurface.

Chatter no longer seemed to reach her ears. Cassandra was focused, scanning the room up and down, like a cat looking for a mouse. The people standing around didn't even glance her way, too busy discussing endangered species. Alonzo was an endangered animal on her list. And he was going to go extinct soon.

In the crowd, a woman in a black cocktail dress stood by a man with a beard and deep-set eyes. He whispered something into her ear, causing her to cover her mouth and laugh again. They seemed well acquainted with each other. Perhaps too well. Cassie sipped champagne in delight as she observed her target flirt with her client's wife. She noted that he was holding a glass of whiskey, exactly as expected. His alcohol problem had been the first thing Cassandra had learned about him.

Cassie strolled up to them. "Claudia, caro!"

The woman in the black dress turned to look at Cassie. The surprise on her face came as soon as it went, a smile spreading across her face. "Boh, dear! How are you? Alessio told me you might come."

The woman seemed nice and genuine but Cassie wasn't convinced. Her husband couldn't have said that. He didn't know about this gala until about two hours ago. Regardless, Cassie played along.

"Si, I carved out some time from my schedule, after Alessio told me about this. I couldn't refuse the invitation after all. This is for a good cause."

Claudia gave a smile. "This is Alonzo. Alonzo, Boh Adesso."

"Nice to meet you and thank you for the invitation."

The man looked confused, checking Cassandra out. He sobered up, tightening his grip on Cassie's hand and shaking it. "Likewise signorina Adesso. When Alessio told me about you and your love for animals, I knew I had to invite you," he lied.

Cassie laughed. "Too bad he couldn't come."

Claudia responded in a hurry. "Always doing business. You know him."

Cassie turned to Alonzo, pointing at his glass. "Is that whiskey?"

"Oh, yes. It cost me a pretty penny. But I only drink what is the best."

And everything else, Cassie thought.

"You're a man of good taste."

"Grazie mille. Would you like to try some?"

"Oh, please."

He called a caterer over. "Leave the bottle," he said, handing the glass to Cassie and refilling his own. She took a sip, holding her breath. Whiskey wasn't her drink of choice. "Would you mind if I see the bottle? I would like to attempt and get some for myself."

"Not at all," Alonzo said, moving aside so Cassandra could get the bottle off the tray. Meanwhile she had slipped the pill into her own drink, stirring it around the cup to help it dissolve. She lowered it onto the tray, next to Alonzo's and inspected the whiskey bottle. "Where'd you get it from?"

"Ah, I had it imported. I could give you a contact if you'd like." He turned to Claudia. "Somebody appreciates my love for a good drink."

Cassie nodded. "I sure do."

She took Alonzo's glass instead of her own. Well, I'm going to go and get some air."

Heels clicked on the tiles as she walked out of the room and into the hall. She located the bathroom, closing the door and walking to the toilet. She spilled the rest of the whiskey into it and flushed. She washed her hands and touched up on her lipstick, which had begun to fade. Her piercing icy blue eyes stared back at her. She moved a strand of her white hair out of her face. The tan she'd unwillingly gotten made for her hair color to be even more eye-catching.

She returned to the ballroom. Alonzo took another glass of whiskey off the tray, downing it. The fuzzier his mind got, the closer she was to her goal. Alessio will have his wife back and Cassandra will be closer to her revenge.

#

Alonzo had disappeared from his own gala. He had slumped in his seat, slurring, a little after midnight. Hovering over his bed, Cassandra watched the sleeping drunk. She had no trouble getting to his room. She had gotten good at climbing through windows. Her white hair glistered in the moonlight as she stood hidden in the shadows. She lay her hand on his throat and begin to squeeze. The lack of oxygen will force his body to go alert.

"Sh," she whispered, when Alonzo had jumped his eyes wide.

"Who are you?" He didn't sound drunk, the adrenaline sobering him up.

"The ghost of Christmas past."

"What do you want from me? If it's money, I'll give it to you. I have a lot of money, tell me how much you want."

"I don't want your money. Stop playing games with me."

"I'm just a stock broker, I don't know what you mean."

"I know you work for Majesty. I want to know her plans. Every detail. Where she is, what she's doing, who she talks to."

"Why can't I move? What did you do to me?"

"Where is she?" Cassie asked, ignoring the man's questions.

Fear is a strange thing. When faced with death, people did everything they could to avoid the end. Alonzo's face dropped. "You'll never find her."

"There we go. I knew you weren't a coward."

Alonzo's eyes locked with hers. The fear gone. "I'm not telling you anything. She'll kill me if I do."

"Oh, don't worry. You'll die soon enough," Cassie smiled. "You know, Claudia is still downstairs. It would a shame if that chandelier fell and crushed her pretty body."

"My men will stop you."

"Like they stopped me from doing this?" She cut through Alonzo's shirt and trailed the blade across his skin. He might be working for Majesty, but he wasn't trained like she was. She poked him once in the middle of his stomach. "Up or down?" she asked, moving the blade towards his throat. He swallowed. "Down it is."

The dragged the blade down to the edge of Alonzo's pants. His skin stood up with goosebumps. She could see him struggle to move, bu the effects of the drugs she slipped into his drink were still strong and he stayed in bed, paralyzed.

"Okay, okay," he said, panting. "She's sending someone to attend a meeting in London, t-to buy weapons. She ordered me to spread the word to her allies. I swear, I don't know where the base is. She pays me to be the messenger."

"What is she going to do with the weapons?"

"I don't know, I swear."

"When is the meeting?"

"I don't--"

Cassie drew blood with Mike's knife. "When?"

"Next week in London," he choked.

Cassie smiled. "I need a name of the hotel, location and a detailed descriptions of the weapons."

"There's information in my emails. Just let me call my secretary."

"No, that's fine. I can call Melissa myself."

He looked at her in disbelief, opening and closing his mouth.

"You really shouldn't give whiskey bottles to strangers.There's all sorts of demented people out there." She picked up the barrel of her gun. "Good night." She knocked Alonzo out. The poison in his cup would take care of the rest. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.4K 28
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
107 1 8
"You're the enemy, so why am I so drawn to you..." "When will you grow up and realise fairytales don't exist, we don't get a happy ending Kyl...
1.1K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
8.5K 1.1K 46
Zoe lands in the walking city of Archigram for her last assassination as an apprentice. Her mission, kill a millennia-old immortal who founded the ci...