The Backstage Pass (Camren)

By luxurylolo

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemmingway More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Sequel?
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 6

100K 2.3K 3.5K
By luxurylolo

Watching this movie was just as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, if not more.

I hadn't moved an inch since it started. I was sitting at an awkward distance from Lauren, and I wasn't sure if I should make myself more comfortable or just remain as stiff as a stick figure for the entirety of the movie. I don't know why, but I was terrified of making any sudden movements.

Dinah was stretched out rather comfortably on the adjacent couch across from me while she was enjoying the movie, laughing along and quoting lines along with the intimidating green eyed girl that was just inches away from me. They were actually having a good time cracking up and doing small commentary along the way, as I sat on the sideline as if I were a vegetable looking at their ongoing interaction.

Lauren hadn't looked at me too much since the film had started and I was both relieved and at unease from not receiving the singers attention. All of those feelings soon subsided as I felt a large shift in the couch beside me.

I carefully turn my head to see Lauren a bit closer beside me, her eyes still fixated on the screen above us and she's blinking a bit more rapidly and I find her eyes glistening under the light that is being projected by the television.

Next I felt her hand intertwining with mine, as she squeezed my hand, still not taking her eyes off the screen. What the hell is she doing?

I try catching a better glimpse at her eyes, that haven't caught mine since this movie started. I finally noticed a wet trial down her slightly reddened cheek. She was crying. I then quickly turn my attention to the movie to see that we're at the part where Nemo gets taken away from his father.

Did this part really have that much of an affect on her?

I glance back at her to see her wiping away a tear from under her right eye quickly. She then sniffles a bit and scrunches her nose up a bit. I don't know why, but I suddenly feel the need to comfort her. I take the pad of my thumb and lightly rub the back of her hand, also giving it a little squeeze.

Finally getting her attention, she turns to face me for a second before looking down at our hands and looking back up at my eyes, with her widened. I can see a heavy blush creep onto her cheeks, even in almost complete darkness. She gulps and looks genuinely surprised that we are indeed holding hands right now.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't- I" she stutters in a whisper. "I must have just unconsciously...I just-"

"Its alright." I whisper back and shake my head. I let out a small chuckle at her flustered state and rub the back of her hand again. She raises her eyebrows slightly and then sends a nervous smile my way before turning her gaze back towards the movie, keeping our hands bound.

I smile a bit before finally focusing on the movie a bit. I take a quick look in Dinah's direction to see her knocked out, asleep. I shake my head and chuckle.

About an hour later, the movie was over. I had once again comforted Lauren when she got choked up again, with Nemo finally returning to his father.

We were still sitting in the dark and I hadn't realized just how close Lauren and I had became on this couch until the ending credits began to roll and I looked down at her. She had her head on my shoulder, whilst her other hand played with my fingers of the hand that she was still indeed holding.

How did this happen? More importantly, I kind of liked it. This was a side I definitely wasn't expecting to see from Lauren Jauregui. Not the Lauren Jauregui, the confident, fierce, seductive popstar herself. Since when does she cry over Nemo? Since when does she cuddle up to people and show an affectionate side? Maybe there really is a side of her that I don't see to clearly.

I was broken out of my thoughts by Lauren's smooth voice.

"I'm really sorry about this. This is definitely not how I wanted this to go." She chuckles. "I was expecting you to be the one to cuddle up to me." She smirks.

There's that cocky attitude I was looking for.

I shake my head and chuckle along with her. "In your dreams Jauregui." I laugh. She perks up and eyebrow and sits up her head from its place on my shoulder, her stunning eyes piercing into mine, intimidating for a split second but softening once she smiles slightly at me. I return her smile as she rubs the back of my hand softly, the gesture sending a significant amount of chills down my spine.

"I never thought you'd have a somewhat sensitive side." I joke. She rolls her eyes and smiles again.

"There's quite a lot you don't know about me Camila." She speaks. "...and quite a lot I'd like for you to get to know." She says seriously. I gulp slightly and look into her deep emerald green eyes once more.

Just then we hear a knock on the bus door, that startled us making us jump slightly. I see Lauren furrow her eyebrows in confusion before standing up, reluctantly releasing my hand from hers and wiping her palms on her sweatpants nervously as she sends me a smile.

"Uh I have no clue who that could be but I'll be right back." She says quietly before walking out of the room.

I see Dinah still quietly sleeping across from me and I shake my head, giggling at her before I pick up a fluffy pillow near me and lunge it at my bestfriend, hitting her right in the head with the plushy item.

She jolts awake, stunned and rather confused at what just happened. Once she sees the pillow sitting on her upper torso she grips it and quickly sends a death glare my way.

"Ugh, if I had the energy to move, you'd be so dead right now." She sits up groggily and wipes the sleep from her eyes and she groans stretching her bones. "Tour bus naps have got to be the best naps." I roll my eyes at her and shake my head. "Anyways, where's Lauren? Did you two have a nice time while I was asleep?" She raises her eyebrows playfully.

"I'm going to ignore your last question, okay?" I put on a smile. "Someone knocked on the door, she went to see who it was." I yawn and stretch out too.

"...but no seriously, did you two make out or what?" She asks with all seriousness in her tone. I shake my head and groan. Before I can respond Lauren reappears in the doorway with a slight smile.

"Hey Dmac, have a nice nap there?" She chuckles.

"It was amazing. This couch is my new happy place." Dinah smiles.

"Haha maybe when I'm back around you two can come back eh?" She suggests.

"Do you even have to ask? If I actually become friends with you, I will die inside." Dinah sighs in content. "In a good way of course." She adds.

"Good thing we're already friends huh?" Lauren chuckles. "But uh- my family are actually out by the kitchen." She gives a half smile. "I knew I was forgetting something when I came back to Miami." She jokes.

"Oh that's cool L-dawg. We had the best time hanging with you tonight. I mean it was amazing. Thank you so so much." Dinah stands and gives Lauren a warm hug.

"It was an honor Dinah, really. I hope you had the best birthday ever." Lauren smiles as they part from each other.

"All because of you...and of course Mila here." She gestures to me. "Thank you so much for putting up with me these last 24 hours. You know I love you right?" She says with a heartfelt smile.

It was now my turn to stand from my sitting position as I go over and wrap my arms around my bestfriend.

"Anything for you babygirl, I love you too." I smile. Once we part, I see Lauren looking at us with the expression like she just saw a baby yawning. Her hand on her chest, over her heart and this cute pout as she beams at our interaction.

"You guys are super cute." She giggles.

"Aw thanks, but um I guess we'll get out of your way now so that you can have that good ol' Jauregui family time." Dinah smiles.

"Uh- yeah yeah." Lauren nods while tucking her bottom lip under her teeth and furrowing her eyebrows slightly. "I'll walk you guys out." She says stepping out of the doorway and motioning for us to follow her.

Once in the main lounge area near door, we spot Lauren's family sitting in the couches of the area. They all look to us and smile.

"Hey, so this is my family. That's my mom, dad, and little brother and sister, Chris and Taylor." She points around to the different members of her family before squatting down to the floor and patting her knees, welcoming a fluffy little puppy in her embrace and she smiles brightly, along with Dinah and I watching the interaction.

"And as you can probably guess." She chuckles a bit as the little dachshund licks her cheek playfully. He's slightly bigger than he was in the video Dinah had showed me earlier today, but still just as breathtakingly cute. "This is Koda." She picks up the pup and stands to her feet, her eyes with a playful glint in them. "Guys, these are some new friends of mine, Dinah and Camila." She gestures to us with the hand not firmly holding Koda's small frame.

"Hello Mr. & Mrs. Jauregui and little Jauregui's." Dinah waves playfully. "Nice to meet you all." She smiles.

"Yeah nice to meet you guys." I chime in, not wanting to say too much as I too wave with a smile plastered on my face.

"Its a pleasure girls." Her father stands up making way over to us and shaking our hands. Her mom follows suit, giving us a hug, followed by her brother and sister.

"Woah, you guys are hot." Chris winks.

I feel a rather embarrassing blush creeping onto my cheeks as I look at Dinah who's chuckling unimpressed.

"What a charmer little Jauregui." Dinah slaps his arm playfully.

"I'd hope so." He smirks.

"Christopher!" His mom scolds.

"What? They're hot." He turns around and groans as he joins the others back on the couch.

I see Lauren shooting a death glare his way as she shakes her head disapprovingly.

"Welp its time for them to go now, I'll be back, see ya in a minute." Lauren says quickly as she waves us out in a hurry.

Once outside the tour bus, Lauren lets out a heavy breath and shakes her head once again.

"Sorry for Chris he's...a horny teenager." She chuckles nervously.

"He's got game I see." Dinah jokes.

"As if." Lauren joins in on the laughter. She then sighs and wipes her free hand on her sweatpants again nervously. This seems to be a trademark thing for her.

"...but hey we definitely need to link up again soon. I meant what I said to everyone. You guys are my friends. So keep in touch?" She asks.

"Um DUH." Dinah agrees instantly. I chuckle at her forwardness.

Lauren pulls out her phone and hands it to Dinah for her to put in her number. She then looks to me and smiles a small smile. I return the gesture but have my eyes placed on the very captivating puppy still squirming around in her hand and nipping at her fingers. She must have noticed as she came a bit closer to me.

"You wanna hold him?" She asks as she looks at the cute puppy in her grasp. I myself having a very soft spot for animals, especially adorably cute ones like Koda, felt like putty when I got an even closer look at the dog.

"Can I?" I ask hopefully. She simply nods and carefully hands the small animal over to me. My face immediately beaming once I feel him in my grip. He moves around a bit to the new space around him but quickly nuzzles his head into the my arm and licks it playfully. I swear my heart melted. "He is so soft." I gush. I pet him gently as Lauren turns her attention back to Dinah who's handing her back her phone.

"Oh I put Mila's number in there as well. No need to thank me." I can almost hear the smirk in Dinah's voice. If I wasn't holding Koda in my arms, I'd choke her.

"Haha thank you Dmac." Lauren says pushing her phone back into her sweatpants pocket.

"Okay little guy, time for me to give you back. You're so adorable, you're breaking my heart." I smile down at Koda once more before I hand him back to a smiling Lauren.

"I think he likes you." She giggles as the puppy returns to his home in her arms licking her cheek. I smile bigger at their interaction pet him again.

"Not as much as he likes you. I can't say I blame him." I say not taking my eyes off of Koda. Once I realize my words I halt in my movements and back away slowly. I laugh nervously as I stand next to Dinah who's smirking at me with a side eye.

"It was nice getting to know you guys. My tour ends in a week or two. I'll be in Tampa. So I'll be home again in no time. Maybe I can introduce you guys to Mani and Ally as well. I'll text you soon!" She smiles as she waves to us, reopening the door to her tour bus.

"We'll be looking out for it Laur!" Dinah yells back. Lauren sends another smile to Dinah and a smirk my way before returning back inside, disappearing with Koda.

"So how was your birthday DJ?" I cross my arms and smile as we look at the tour bus and the sunset behind it. She places an arm around my shoulder and I rest my head on hers.

"It was incredible. Thanks for being a part of it Mila." She squeezes me.

"Anything for you CheeChee." I giggle before I turn around and place my hand around her waist, walking to the parking lot in the front of the building. "You're gonna be teasing me about this night for a while aren't you?" I say knowingly.

"You know it Chancho." She winks as we continue our walk.
---------------------------------------------------
A/N: Guys. I have one more night to sleep in for however long I want before I have to set my alarm for 6 in the morning. 😩
Senior year is about to start. Holy usjajeiaka

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 6.2K 39
One of the hardest things to deal with is being secretly in love with your best friend.
3.6K 105 10
A texting story where Camila gets a random from someone she doesn't know at all, but can randomly trust...
443K 14.1K 27
"You are nothing but a game to me." // Camren (AU) // the devil's right there, right there in the details and you don't want to hurt yourself, hurt...
146K 3.6K 27
Read and find out 🙃