The Maverick(Sword Art Online...

By Storyteller-Maverick

#1 in #swordartonline 10/04/18 Year 2023. The world has been waiting in anticipation for the long awaited Ful... More

Ch.1 The Death Game Aincrad
Ch.2 First Floor Dungeon
Ch.3 Shining Star On A Dark Christmas
Ch.4 The Beast Tamer
Ch.5 Investigation Time
Ch.6 Case Closed
Ch.7 Cotton Candy
Ch.8 An Uplifting Experience
Ch.9 Power Within
Ch.10 Charming Proposal(Not Really)
Ch.11 Welcome To The Family
Ch.12 Lost Data
Ch.13 Game Over
Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)
Ch.15 The World Of Fairies
Ch.16 A Fiery Slyph
Ch.17 Journey To The World Tree
Ch.18 The Gank Spank
Ch.19 Saving The Alliance
Ch.20 Complicated Feelings
Ch.21 True Reveal
Ch.22 The Raid on The World Tree
Ch.23 What I Fight For
Ch.24 The World Seed
Ch.25 One Blushing Sylph
Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)
Ch.27 Prep Phase
Ch.28 A World of Guns
Ch.29 Prelim
Ch.30 Prelims Pt.2
Ch.31 Downtime
Ch.32 Bullet of Bullets
Ch.33 Investigation Team
Ch.34 The Getaway
Ch.35 To Be Strong
Ch.36 Showtime
Ch.37 Closing Time
Ch.38 The First Step
Ch.39 Mystery Dungeon(Strea)
Ch.41 How To Armor(Bonus)
Ch.42 The Holy Sword (Mother's Rosario Arc)
Ch.43 Jötunheimer
Ch.44 Thryheim
Ch.45 Dáinsleif
Ch.46 Christmas Time
Ch.47 Christmas Time Pt.2
Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches
Ch.49 It's The Showdown
Ch.50 Yuuki & The Sleeping Knights
Ch.51 Boss Prep
Ch.52 Boss Time
Ch.53 Yuuki Konno
Ch.54 One Wish
Ch.55 Brave New World
Valentine's Day Contest
I'm Only Watching You. (Sinon Valentine's Day)
You're My Medicine (Yuuki Valentine's Day)
Ch.56 A New Place (Season 3)
Ch.57 The Fabled Ice Cave
Special: Ordinal Scale
Ch.58 Fade to Black
Ch.59 Underworld
Ch.60 Learning the World
Ch.61 Style
Ch.62 Rath
Ch.63 Alicization
Ch.64 Will Power
Ch.65 Elite Disciple
Ch.66 Nobles
Ch.67 Desensitized
Ch.68 Prisoners
Ch.69 Break
Ch.70 Gear Up
Ch.71 Crimson Arrow
Ch.72 Knightly Duties
Ch.73 Pride as a Knight
Ch.74 Golden
Ch.75 Ceasefire
Ch.76 Alliance
Ch.77 Coded Eye
Ch.78 Friendship
Ch.79 Discussions and Humanity
Ch.80 Azure Wings
Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)
My True Feelings (Leafa Valentine's Day)
Ch.82 Brief Respite (Season 3 Part 2: War of the Underworld)
Ch.83 Ingition Of War
Ch.84 Before The Storm
Ch.85 Last Day of Peace
Ch.86 This Is War
Ch.87 Eyes Open
Ch.88 Truth Of The Underworld
Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion
Ch.90 Two Outta One Ain't Bad
Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit
Ch.92 Calvary
Ch.93 Coffin's Arrival
Ch.94 Killer Instinct

Ch.40 Strea's Soul

9.9K 241 50
By Storyteller-Maverick

I dodged Strea's attacks jumped back to get some distance as she charged towards me again kept swinging her sword with each strike she'd let out a sickening yell.I didn't know what to do.This girl....always happy,always joyful....what happened?

Maverick:Strea!Don't you recognize me?!It's me!Maverick!

Strea:AAAAHHHH!!!!'

Strea slammed her sword down on me as it struck my shoulder and took out one portion of my health.I pushed Strea back and sliced her midsection making her grunt as I did small damage only for her blast me into the wall with a powerful fireball.

Yui:Uncle!

Maverick:Shit....how am I supposed to beat her?Her level is so much higher than mine...

Yui:Uncle!You'll need to cheat if you want to be able to fight her!

Maverick:Huh?!

I saw Strea barreling towards me as I ducked and she completely destroyed the wall I was in front of.I ran away from her as Yui quickly flew towards my side.

Yui:Her level and stats are way too high for your level!I can temporarily hide you from the GM's systems but,it's the only way you can be able to take her down.

Maverick:Do it then!

Yui:Okay.....now Uncle!

Maverick:System Login ID: Heathcliff!

I immediately began to power level as my hit points skyrocketed and my sword skills powered up.I quickly summoned a better sword and armor as Yui's protection stopped and I quickly logged out of Heathcliff's ID.I blocked Strea's attack a lot more easier as she kept trying to push her sword into me our sword causing small sparks as we struggled for dominance.

Maverick:Strea!Listen to me!For god's sake,listen to me!This isn't you!

Strea:Grrrr!

I broke the clash and kicked Strea in the stomach making her hunch over a little as I got into my sword stance.

Maverick:....Don't make me do this...

Strea:HRRAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Strea bolted towards me again as I watched her movements.I gracefully dodged the attack and stabbed her dropping her health a lot more than my previous strike as she punched me in the stomach with a really hard force making me slide back a little.

Maverick:Yui,is there anything we can do?

Yui:I....I don't know.Hold her off while I scan her try to find a way.

Maverick:Alright,stay out of sight.

Yui:Stay alive,Uncle!

Yui flew away to sneak up on Strea to scan her as I held her off trying to entreat her.I know I couldn't take Strea head on since for most hits.Her Strength stats have always been extremely high she was definitely a STR-VIT kinda person.I'm generally a VIT-DEX kinda person but nowadays I prefer to be a balance build.I watched as Strea's Invaria flew over my head as I went for another stab only for her sword to block it hearing the metal clang of our sword hitting together.More the battle was drawn out as each block and clash with our swords caused sparks.Every swing I heard that horrendous shriek from Strea that sounded distorted.Her body glitched from time to time as well.

Maverick:Please Strea.This isn't you!Come back to your senses!

I went for an overhead only for Strea to parry and kick me onto the ground.She let out her yell and she attempted to bring her sword down on me to which I rolled out the way.

Yui:Uncle!

Maverick:Yui?

That was a mistake as Strea's blade stabbed me.I quickly pushed it out but it did a lot of damage.I quickly casted a very minor self-heal spell which slowly began to regenerate my health.I blasted a powerful black smoke to mask myself as I ran off to talk to Yui.

Maverick:Keep your voice down.

Yui:Right.After doing a full body scan,I've determined that she is an AI.Similar to me,in fact.

Maverick:AI?I see.What's wrong with her then?

Yui:Her data is severely corrupted.It explains why she is glitching out.

Maverick:What can we do though?

Yui:Sorry.Take this sleep poison.

Maverick:The plan?

Yui:If we can render her unconscious.I can try my best to restore her.

Maverick:Sounds good.

I took the poison and spread it across a dagger and hid it as the smoke finally dissipated and Strea quickly turned around and found me.

Strea:HRAAAAHHH!!!!!

Strea charged at me again as I rolled out the way.Gotta time it right.....

Strea:HYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Maverick:........

*CLANG*

Strea's arm holding the sword flew into the air as everything seemed to slow down.I closed the distance with Strea dropping my sword to the ground hearing it clatter against the hard floor and reverb against the hollow room.I pulled the hidden dagger out and drove it into Strea as I held her.Strea's face became riddled with shock until her eyes closed and her body went limp.I gently placed her on the floor.The blood tears still running.Yui flew over and hovered over her body.

Maverick:Can you do it,Yui?

Yui:I'll do my best Uncle.

Maverick:Thanks.You don't know how much this means to me.

Yui:It's fine.If it's for Uncle,I'll do anything!

I smiled and stroked Strea's hair.

Maverick:Hold on,Strea....

......

Strea:........

Maverick:........

I sat next to Strea in complete silence hearing her small and quiet breaths.Yui was in my pocket silent as well.

Strea:?

Maverick:.........

Strea:.....Hello?

Maverick:?!

Yui:?!

I quickly turned around and saw Strea with her eyes open.The tears were gone from her face and she had a confused expression on her face.

Maverick:Hey Strea,do you remember me?

Strea:I........Maverick?

Maverick:That's me.

Strea's eyes began to water up but not like before.

Strea:MAVERICK!!!

Strea lunged at me and wrapped me in a tight hug practically cutting off my circulation.I slid my arms around her.

Maverick:Good to see you back.

.......

I carried Strea on my back as she had a tight grip around my neck with her arms.We were heading to wherever the exit is according to Yui.

Strea:I'm guessing you know what I am now.

Maverick:Obviously.You're an A.I. of some sorts.

Strea:I'm just like the the person you refer to as Yui.An MHCP or Mental Health Counseling Program. But,Kayaba had a different purpose for me.I.....was reprogrammed.To kill you.

Maverick:What stopped you?

Strea:You did.Before we even met,I watched you from a distance.Your upbeat and positive demeanor,the way you interact with people,and those jokes.....I decided to change my objective.When we first met,the headache I had was my programming trying to overtake me.After we separated,I searched high and low for a control console to try and break free from my programming.When I disappeared,everything went black.That's when I knew I was removed from the game world.Then,after SAO was cleared my data went along with it.I don't know how long it was but the only thing left was my objective....that's when I woke up and saw you.Finally,after all this time.I got to see you again.

Maverick:Heh,well,you don't need to worry....

Yui opened the exit as light enveloped us.

Maverick:I'm not going anywhere.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 5 5
DISCLAIMER I do not own Sword Art Online, nor the characters in it. Very few are original characters. This is to be non profit, solely for entertainm...
1.9K 28 40
This is a retelling of the "Fairy Dance Arc" from "Sword Art Online." Since the "Sword Art Online Progressive" movie is dropping this year, I though...
1K 129 12
In the near future, a brand new piece of technology is released that allows players to control their very own created avatars in a whole new world...
1.3K 31 4
The new VR world of Sword Art Online enthralled all the people of the world, until a dark twist emerges. The Ten-Thousand players who logged in first...