𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐄 ππŽπˆπ‘π„ | sasuke...

By shisuistan

β†’ π€π”βœ¨ BÊTE NOIRE: bet-ˈnwΓ€r (n.) a person or thing that is particularly disliked and avoided; an object of... More

Prologue
I
Nee-chan
Surprise Entry
The Testing
Little Treasures
Sakura and Haku
With Shisui
Naori
White
Doctor Yakushi
Cheat Sheet
The Project
First Night
Focus
Deception
Kekkei Genkai
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Fear
Author's Note
Body
Bombarded
Tera-chan
Itachi
Soon
Arrival
Name?
Mission
Journey
You
Freedom
My Love
What to Do?
Return
Home
First Night
News
Sora
Some Nights
Loyalty
Nerves
Run
Purity
Heart to Heart
Goodbye
Memory
Shizuka
Welcome!
Meeting
Dinner
Regrets
I Want
Yukata
Matchmaker
Crush
Co-Parents
Update
Shijima
Birthday
Release
Ayumi
Supervisor
Separation
Reunion
Inspection
Yuta
Princess
August
Picnic
All Left
Shisui
The Last
Rebirth
The Babysitter's Club
Decisions
Awake
Change
Breathe
Attack
Prepare
Vessel
Go
One Call Away
Collision
Rage
Alliance
Origin
Tear
Remembered
Yuujin
Preparation
Darkness
End
I Confess
In Between
Surprise
Switch
Be My Last
Home Sweet Home
Bedridden
Fairy Tale
Starcrossed
Break Up
Child-free
Begin
Adrift
Moving
Necklace
Safety
Treason
Terms and Conditions
Icha Icha
Canon
Headquarters
Death
Success
Anguish
Serious Talk
First Shift
A New Beginning

Changeover

1.9K 111 25
By shisuistan

"I hope you weren't planning to turn on us back there, Sasuke."

I scowled as I heard Kakashi reprimand me, not even bothering to shake off the hands that were holding me back.

"Why would I?" I spat venomously, feeling nothing but loathing towards the people leading me away.

"Why else would you have your Sharingan activated like that?"

I rolled my eyes as I continued trudging alongside the shinobi in charge of returning me to my family. Ignoring the question, I couldn't help but begin to think of the sudden change in Tera's chakra colour. The last time I had gotten a good look at it, it was bright and radiant, and had a soothing, calming feel about it. However, when I looked at it today, it was anything but that.

It felt like the light from her aura was dimming, and I was mad at myself for being unable to pick up on this any earlier. Gradually, it was getting darker and colder, and it took every nerve I had not to worry about it as much as I wanted to. Were there underlying complications with her pregnancy that they hadn't yet picked up on yet? Was something wrong with her?

Walking away from her without getting an answer was excruciatingly painful.

***

"Knowing the Uchiha, they've got something planned."

As the exchange team safely exited Suna's walls, Kakashi frowned at Asuma's words.

"Who's our replacement? Some lower ranked shinobi called Takumi?" asked Neji, who remained highly unimpressed by the Hokage's agreement to exchange Sasuke for a lower level member of the clan.

"As if they'll actually hand him over," sneered Asuma, his grip on Sasuke's arm iron tight. "I don't know why we're letting them take back this one in the first place." Ever since they had left the prison, Sasuke remained silent, lost in his own thoughts.

"Neither do I."

Kakashi eyed out Sasuke warily, making sure that his own men didn't let slip about the pre-concocted plan regarding Naruto's changeover. The less that Sasuke knew, the better for all of them. The journey through the desert was a swift one, with the shinobi all saving their breath for when it mattered.

"They're up ahead." 

Neji informed his comrades of the incoming Uchiha troupe, staring in the distance. Though their figures weren't yet discernible, they knew they were there, and continued walking forward. Cooperating every step of the way, Sasuke remained silent as he recognised who was approaching them.

Of course Naruto is here. 

Sasuke rolled his eyes upon sensing the Uzumaki's chakra signature, alongside those of his cousins Naka, Naori and Takumi. He wasn't surprised that Itachi wasn't a part of the gang- after all, after what happened on their last retrieval mission, he doubted his father wanted to send Itachi out again.

The air was solemn as the Senju nin came face to face with the Uchiha and Naruto, who had Takumi in a tight grip.

"I've never seen a more good looking group of shinobi in my life," chuckled Asuma, eyes skimming over all of the Uchiha. "Well... with the exception of you, Uzumaki."

Naruto grinned at Asuma.

"You don't have to be good looking to be a good shinobi," he retorted, looking over at Sasuke. "Why are you blindfolded, dobe?"

"Why are you asking me?" scowled Sasuke, who was released by Asuma and Neji.

"Hand over the spare," urged Kakashi, grabbing Sasuke by the scruff of his collar. Naruto narrowed his eyes and released Takumi, nudging him towards the Senju shinobi. At once, Kakashi let go of Sasuke, who walked forward without any hesitation.

"Not today, I'm afraid."   

Just as Asuma was about to get a grip on Takumi, the Uchiha moved away rapidly.

Takumi broke free of his bindings and shot back to his comrades, where they immediately released Sasuke and stood against them. Asuma and Neji pulled out their weapons, ready for a stand off. Kakashi, however, stood with his arms crossed and smirked as Naruto too stood alongside the Uchiha, poised to fight. 

"Oh, the betrayal," sighed Kakashi, feigning shock and lifting a hand to his forehead. "How did we not see this coming?"

"We're not here to fight," said Naruto, locking eyes with Kakashi. Naka, Naori, Sasuke and Takumi all stood behind him warily, eyeing out the poised Konoha shinobi. At this point in time, it seemed that they outnumbered them greatly, so they had little qualms about being able to walk off.

"You expect us to let you walk away without upholding your side of the deal?"

"What makes you say that?" Naruto held his hands up in the air, slowly walking towards Kakashi and the others. Naori gasped and immediately leapt in front of him, preventing him from going any further.

"If it's a fight you want, it's a fight we'll give you," she spat, drawing her kunai and holding out her arms to shield Naruto. "You won't be leaving with any of us today! Naruto, are you crazy?!"

Kakashi grinned, covering his masked mouth with his hand.

"I beg to differ, my dear lady."

"It's okay, Naori," said Naruto reassuringly, earning him suspicious looks from the Uchiha squad.

"Naruto, this wasn't a part of the plan," said Naka warningly, drawing his blade. "What are you doing?"

"Keeping our side of the deal." Infuriated by the Uzumaki's brashness, Naka, Naori and Takumi all looked poised to leap out and recapture him for the sake of it.

However, Sasuke leapt in between them, holding his own arms out.

"Naruto, are you crazy?" he murmured, not even shooting his comrade a second glance.

"Maybe just a little." As soon as he reached Asuma and Neji's side, the Uzumaki was immediately bound and subdued, earning looks of disdain from the shinobi he had originally came with.

"Traitor." Sasuke's voice was cold as he looked down upon Naruto, already suspecting his intentions. "No, stop. Let them be. Let's not waste anymore time here."

"But Sasuke-"

"Drop it, Naori. Let's go."

"Fugaku-sama won't forgive us for this!"

"I don't care. He can answer to me. Let's go already."

As Sasuke began to lead his clansmen away from Naruto and the other Senju nin, they all watched on in awe as they walked away without a fight.

"That was... totally unexpected," said Neji, surprised that none of them had lashed out in retaliation. "I was not expecting Sasuke to be... well, to not want a fight. You'd think that after all his time being locked up, he'd have some pent up rage, right?"

As the Uchiha disappeared in the distance, the four decided then that it would be safe to turn back towards Suna.

"That was much easier than I thought it'd be," said Asuma, slightly crestfallen as he patted his weapon pouch. "I was looking forward to a good fight."

"I'm sure Kurenai would prefer you not to get into fights," pointed out Neji.

"Man, you guys need to update me on everything that's going on!" exclaimed Naruto, stretching his arms out high. "I've missed out on so much!"

***

"Hey, Tera, you don't have any plans for dinner tonight, right?"

I sat on the balcony of my room once more that afternoon, holding Ayumi in my lap as I stared out over the village. The sun was slowly beginning to set, and Kannon stuck her head out to talk.

"No. Why's that?" I asked, playing with Ayumi's arms and legs as I tried to push Sasuke out of my mind.

"Naruto's here, and Gaara thought it'd be nice for all of us to meet and have dinner together," she said. "Us, and the Senju shinobi."

"Oh, really? How was the changeover?"

Kannon snickered and leaned against the door, her arms crossed.

"From what I heard, very easy," she snorted. "Apparently Sasuke just told them to forget about Naruto and keep going. He stopped them from fighting."

"Did he now," I murmured, still bouncing Ayumi on my knees. "How thoughtful of him."

"I really don't know what's on his mind," shrugged Kannon, sitting across from me. "But hey! Tonight we get to meet up with all of the Senju shinobi. It's been a while since we last saw them, right?"

Although I heard everything that Kannon was saying, my mind just wasn't processing it. At this moment in time, I felt like I didn't know anything. I couldn't feel anything. I just felt lost.

"Hey." She reached out and put a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it reassuringly. "What happened to the cheerful Tera I saw this morning? You looked happy to see him off! Come on, lighten up, buttercup! Sasuke's gone off to do his own stuff, you can focus more on yourself! Come on- we'll have a great time at dinner tonight. And then tomorrow, you can vent all your frustrations away at training! Come on!!"

I smiled weakly at her as she began shaking me encouragingly.

"Yeah, thanks."

I cleared my throat and tried to lighten up, shaking off the unease that was slowly gripping my body.

"What should I wear tonight?" I mused, looking at Kannon for advice. She shot up straight, looking excited at the prospect of being able to choose my outfit for the night.

"I am absolutely glad you asked!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.1K 36
What if Uzumaki Naruto had a sister? That he never knew she existed. Her name is Minako. A Kunoichi, JinchΕ«riki and the reincarnation of Uzumaki Mito...
356K 14.8K 28
β†’ π€π”βœ¨ what do you do when your boyfriend cheats on you? easy. you cry to your friends, and join a wannabe thug club. [π…π„πŒ!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑-πˆππ’π„...
186K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
12.2K 471 28
SasuNaru Modern Au - Sasuke is practically impossible to talk to, yet he's the most popular guy in the school. Everyone talks about him, but no one t...